Dealing with rude behavior.

mummajea

Mouseketeer
I am not sure where to post this but I thought the tips board would work best.

I have been reading quite a few post this week about encounters with rude CM's and bad service. I have worked in the customer service industry for 20 odd years. I have been both the recipient and giver (yes I'll admit) of rude or unprofessional behavior. Here are my two cents for both sides of the fence!

1. Everyone can have a bad day. Try to remember that.
(Maybe there flight was delayed five hours, or maybe that CM has been standing there for the past 5 hours without a break)

2. A smile and polite behavior goes very far. As soon as you start yelling at someone, they are more likely to act in a negative manner.

3. If for some reason things are not going the way you think they should, POLITELY STATE!! "It seems we are having a problem communicating, may i speak to someone else (or let me get you someone else)? Maybe there is a supervisor who can help me (you)?" Understand that service people only are given so much authority or precieve that they have a control over things. If you think or know you are right, or just don't like what is going on, ask to speak to someone else.

4. If you see someone being rude, make a joke of it. To the rude CM.."Wow you must be having a bad day to be soooo unmagical, Would you like me to get you a drink? or WOW! You must be really important to be able to cut in lines like that!!! Are you related to King TuT!!!

5. Finally don't let rude behavior ruin your vacation. You need to let it go. It will just fester and you will the become the rude person.

I would like to see any other comments or suggestions on handling this behavior in a constructive and pleasant manner, instead of just complaining about it.

ANYONE???????????????

I think you hit the nail on the head with your post! There is no way to go WRONG with your suggestions.

I try to teach my son that if there is someone in his class that is acting out, that there is usually a reason. School is no different than work, so I try to keep reminding myself the same thing, there has to be a reason, and believe it or not there are times when people don't even know they are being rude until you say "Gosh you must be having a (hard, long, etc) day". That little statement really does work, once you can get someone to talk to you, their attitude normally will change.

I hope everyone will read your post!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Even my 9 year old son comments outloud when someone is being rude or misbehaving. He shouts....hey mom, I bet you are glad that I am not embarassing you by climbing on the railing huh? OR...That person isn't watching their kid and he just hit me so I wonder how they would feel if I hit the kid back and made him cry?

you are soo right!!! thanx for giving me that all to think about!! :p :p :p

We had to deal with 2 CM's that were not so nice to us. My son has severe asthma so they gave us a Guest Assistance Card for him. I guess the two didn't think he needed it. Oh well, I smiled and loaded him in the ride and off we went. Only had to deal with each one once and they sure didn't ruin our trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter