Deals?

VillianinVogue

Mouseketeer
I'm a newbie to ABDs and was wondering if they ever have deals? I think:confused: I remember when ABDs first came out, I was looking at prices and they had and a deal for kids to the Czech Republic (if I recall correctly.) Do they still offer deals and discounts like that? Thank you!!!:goodvibes

I'm a newbie to ABDs and was wondering if they ever have deals? I think:confused: I remember when ABDs first came out, I was looking at prices and they had and a deal for kids to the Czech Republic (if I recall correctly.) Do they still offer deals and discounts like that? Thank you!!!:goodvibes

The only discount they have offered in the past two year is an early booking discount and I believe a loyalty discount for returning customers of $100. There have been rumors that the early booking discounts wont be offered this year but that is only rumor until the new itineraries come out.

ABD has offered early booking discounts every year so far, that I am aware of. There are a certain number for each trip and once those are booked, there is no more discount. This year AAA offered some sort of discount, but I know they didn't have one in 2008 because I called them before I booked our trip last year. If you are a member, Costco offers a gift card, the amount of which is based on the price of your trip. For example, for the two of us to Costa Rica our gift card was $250 and for Alaska it was $300. ABD also re-offered (if that's a word) the early booking discount in May of 2008 for certain trips to Disney Visa holders - that is what got me to thinking about going to Costa Rica last year. And this year they offered a $75 photopass credit to Disney Visa holders. I had already booked my trip when they sent out that offer, so I didn't get that.

The only discount they have offered in the past two year is an early booking discount and I believe a loyalty discount for returning customers of $100.

Forgot about the loyalty discount. I got that this year too. Hope they offer something similar for 2010.

The only discount they have offered in the past two year is an early booking discount and I believe a loyalty discount for returning customers of $100. There have been rumors that the early booking discounts wont be offered this year but that is only rumor until the new itineraries come out.

ABD has offered early booking discounts every year so far, that I am aware of. There are a certain number for each trip and once those are booked, there is no more discount. This year AAA offered some sort of discount, but I know they didn't have one in 2008 because I called them before I booked our trip last year. If you are a member, Costco offers a gift card, the amount of which is based on the price of your trip. For example, for the two of us to Costa Rica our gift card was $250 and for Alaska it was $300. ABD also re-offered (if that's a word) the early booking discount in May of 2008 for certain trips to Disney Visa holders - that is what got me to thinking about going to Costa Rica last year. And this year they offered a $75 photopass credit to Disney Visa holders. I had already booked my trip when they sent out that offer, so I didn't get that.

Thanks! I hope they offer the disney visa discount again!:goodvibes

Thanks! I hope they offer the disney visa discount again!:goodvibes

Just FYI, the Disney Visa offers come out late. It's not like WDW where they send offers to Disney Visa holders and then a few days later offer them to the public. The extended early booking rate came in May 2008 and it was only on 4 or 5 trips, so I think they were just trying to fill up some of the trips that weren't quite full. The photopass offer came in Feb 2009, which wasn't terribly late and they did still have early booking rates for most of the itineraries at that time. The 2009/2010 itineraries came out on Aug 1 last year, so the offer was 6 months after the trips were announced. But maybe they will do something different this time.

You are recalling correctly, I remember that too. But it was early days. There hasn't been an offer like that in awhile. I do know that around this time last year, when fuel costs were through the roof, they offered an airline credit on certain trips, but it was for remaining trips that year (like an Oct. Peru trip in 08). I doubt they'll do that again, but who knows?

It is worth checking around,and on this board, before you book. Every discount I've used I've heard about here :lovestruc Individual travel agents will sometimes give good incentives as well. I originally booked with Costco, but later switched my res to an MEI/Mousefan agent, and she matched the Costco gift card with Disney dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter