• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dear Riders Of Pirates...

My little one always chats during Pirates and I always try to shush her, not because she is particularly loud but will ask questions I do not know the answer to ; "what is that mans name on the rocking chair?" "where is the donkey?" "what is the donkey's name?" "Is that the same McCaw the Tiki Room, what is his name?" "the pigs are gone! Where did they go?"

One time on Pirates I took a picture in the lightning area near the beginning of the ride. I thought my flash was off. It wasn't. My family almost threw me overboard! That one flash still haunts me. :rolleyes1

Yes! I always want to say to Flash Photographers on Pirates and IASW - "Google this ride and see if anyone has ever taken this exact photo before" Ugh.
The Ride Talkers ARE awful - -I wish people treated the dark rides like an elevator :)

My little one always chats during Pirates and I always try to shush her, not because she is particularly loud but will ask questions I do not know the answer to ; "what is that mans name on the rocking chair?" "where is the donkey?" "what is the donkey's name?" "Is that the same McCaw the Tiki Room, what is his name?" "the pigs are gone! Where did they go?"

Exactly! Where is the donkey? Been AWOL since last December! Still missing!
Plus a piglet! :( :faint:

Yes! I always want to say to Flash Photographers on

Pirates and IASW - "Google this ride and see if anyone has ever taken this exact photo before" Ugh.
The Ride Talkers ARE awful - -I wish people treated the dark rides like an elevator :)

Yes. Or like a commute GGT bus. Lol Especially on the return trip. :faint:

I treat dark rides like a movie theater. Generally I will remain quiet, though if I do speak it will be a whisper and it will only be about something relevant to the ride (like pointing out a certain detail to a friend). This will be kept to a minimum. People are there to enjoy the show!

Yes! I agree. Great way to put it.

I'm glad most of our time in DL was during the week when teenagers were in school, because they're the most annoying on rides. They're the ones who are screamers and talkers the most, it seems. Number one, why are you even on the ride if you're just going to talk the whole way through? The only rides I find that mostly forgivable on are transport rides like the DL railroad or the monorail, even though they have narration. If you're so bored of Disneyland and feel the need to chat through the rides because they're all old news to you, don't go! Some of us had to save for a long time to get there and we'd like to enjoy ourselves!

We had a bunch of teenagers behind us on Pirates one ride and they shrieked going down the tiny little drops, and you could tell it wasn't their first time on that ride so they weren't genuinely frightened thinking they were going to get a Splash Mountain-esque plunge into the darkness.

While we're at it, though, I can't forget obnoxious singers. Yes the music is catchy, yes we all love it, but PLEASE don't sing at the top of your lungs! Hum along, sing quietly, but you don't need to holler over the ride music.

Kristin --

Eventually my friend stopped talking, after a while, but I felt like other people in the boat were ready to toss us off.

Walk The Plank!!!

While the talkers on Pirates are a bother, for me the ambiance killer is the person in front of you with the Galaxy 13 or whatever they have with a big'ol bright screen on. It's especially unnerving during the first bayou scene. That's supposed to be quiet, dark, serene. Something I love because WDW doesn't have it. It makes it that much more special. Then the mini-TV pops on. Then the guys behind yells to the diners at the BB, "You way overpaid! HAHAHA!" Yes, very clever. Sigh.

1. His nick name is "pops" and that is what he goes by. His rightful birth name is Ulysses Beaumont Beauregard. Pop's mama Marietta had real affection for the then President Ulysses S Grant. So she decided to name her first born after him. Some say he looks much like him too.

2. Best anyone can tell he ran a bit wild back last December, because he was just so interested in the new lady donkey in the village. Her name is Henrietta Boleyn. They instantly fell in love, but not being able to take time off from their jobs soon enough, they decided to run off together and get hitched. No, not to a cart. But hitched as in married. They decided to go on an extended honeymoon. Have no idea when they may return.

3. The donkey's name is Henry Tobias Lancashire.He just goes by Henry. He is 10 years old, in donkey years of course. ;)

4. No. That is a different Macaw. She is related though to Jose. She is his sister. Her name is Lola. Named after the famous Lola Bridgetta.

5. The piglet in question, which by the way his name is Alfonso the great. Named after his mama's brother Alfonso the minor. Anyway, Alfonso, Al for short went on a vacation to San Francisco with his family. Due to arrive back in Anaheim next month.

The water splashing is kind of icky because you don't know if a few boats in front of you, somebody threw up in the water. It happens occasionally. I've read Cast Member tales online of that sort of thing happening. It's not pool water. Bleh!

Yeah. Or let little Johnny go potty in the bayou. :faint:

How about on Splash?!

I feel your pain... I once had a couple of ladies behind me talking nearly the entire ride about relationship stuff... I had to turn around to asks them to be quite.

I feel your pain... I once had a couple of ladies behind me talking nearly the entire ride about relationship stuff... I had to turn around to asks them to be quite.

What's the matter?Didn't like something you heard? LMAO MAN!

I admit that I talk on rides, but very quietly and only to point things out to my 3 year old. :) We rode on Pirates in February and these completely obnoxious teenage boys were sitting behind us. They were swearing and being rather inappropriate to the point where my husband turned around and reminded them that we were at Disneyland and they were surrounded by kids who didn't need to hear about their "exploits". I was so mad! It was my son's inaugural ride on Pirates and these dumb kids totally ruined the experience!

PLEASE STOP TALKING!!!

I thought of making a similar thread while watching the fireworks tuesday. Yep... someone was giving a 'play-by-play' of the show! Loud...to his wife, not someone on the phone(that happened earlier in the day)

Another POC tale: My husband and I were at Mk at rope drop and decided to head to adventure land, as everyone else was running to the new fantasyland. We got to POC, one of our favorites, I love every scene and song:) We were put up front, and they held the boat for a family of 3 to sit behind us. Well, there is the mother, father, and a son who looked to be 7 y/o. The mother got on her cell phone and talked the ENTIRE ride about insurance. Yes, Insurance! That very important subject that you have to explore while on POC!!!! grrrrr! Her husband looked bored and ignored her and the son. Oh, the son was screeching in a loud, fingernail scratching sound during the last half. No One told him to stop. I finally turned around and was going to tell her to get off the phone and control her son when she finished her call, right before we got off the boats. Totally ruined our ride and made me mad for a while after. I wish I would have said something sooner instead of hoping that they had any common sense left in their tiny brains! I feel your pain!

I had this happen on Tower at DHS...the people in front of me were LOUDLY overreacting and talking along with the narration, to the point where I couldn't hear it.

I actually shushed them, but they didn't hear me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter