Dear Rob...

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
Well it's been a year. A year filled with tears and much laughter. At first all it took was the mention of your name to make me a little sad, but now I find myself laughing.....a lot!

I laugh at the guy who thinks he is the Mayor of the Boom Boom Room! I want to tell him "You can click that little foursquare button all you want, but this room has always been, and always be Rob's room!"

I laugh at the guy who asked me if I knew how to make a Mint Julep. "Are you kidding me"?

I laugh when I see the crazy train pulling into town, because you could always spot it coming long before I could! And the last few weeks would have kept you very busy standing at the station, welcoming the Crazy Train, the Circus Train, the Train Wrecks, and the Hot Mess Express that have all piled up! You would have been right there in the mix making me laugh over and over again!

I laugh at all of the nonsense that some people spew out of their mouths! It doesn't take long before we are all gathered in our special area asking ourselves "OMG what would Rob say to this"?

I laugh when most of my friends are texting about the Super Bowl, and your husband is texting about the half time show!

I smile when I think about future meets we have planned with all of our special friends, friends we have met here, with you, and think Rob would be in this mix planning, laughing, and looking forward to seeing everyone! Busting balls and making us all laugh! Heck even your last post even ended up being a classic!

I smile when I see the families we have all met here, the kids who are all growing up so fast, just knowing you are up there watching over these young lives and witnessing all of the fun they have at Disney parks.

Lastly, I smile at your memory, your legacy, the mark you left on all of our lives, and the lives of people we may never meet. When two gals I met recently started telling me how excited they were about their upcoming Disney wedding I asked them what made them choose Disney. Their eyes lit up as they told me "There was this wonderful post on the Dis about two guys who got married there, we read the whole thread, laughing and crying the whole time. It took us over three hours to read the whole thing, but after we finished we looked at each other and said 'We have to get married at Disney'" You may never know how many lives you have touched by all of your love, your humor, your sharing your wonderful life adventure, but I can tell you that you did leave a mark on many, many lives. And for that I am truly thankful to have known you, proud to have called you a friend, and not ashamed to say I miss you on a daily basis. You were like a brother to me, and for that I am truly thankful.

Rest my friend, and thanks for the memories!

RIProb.jpg

Thinking you today and always Rob.

Memories of you put a smile on my face.

I miss you my sparring partner...my friend.
No one B-Slaps me quite like you. (and many have tried)

I'm sure current DIS events are giving you a giggle up there - think of it as a little "gift"

Kungaloosh!

WallyB

robwally.jpg

Now that Mike and Wally have me in tears

There is not much left to be said.....they summed it up quite well.

Rob your absence is a void that will never be filled, your humor and ability to put Walter in his place can not be replacated (though some have tried). You have brought so many of us all closer, so in addition to our memories of you, I would like to thank you for that...thank you for my DIS friends who make me smile, laugh and on occasion, pee myself.

I always used to want to come to this board to see what Rob had to say about things. He brought out the best in a lot of us and he made everyone feel so welcome here. I often still think of him and want to post something just to see his response. I was lucky to have "known" him,as many of us were. As much as I miss him, I cannot imagine how much more those of you who were really close to him do. Or Scott.
I just KNOW that Rob is out there somewhere watching over all of his friends and family and laughing with you whenever he can:hug:

Rob --

You must be so happy about the events in California today. Did you give somebody important up there, a little nudge about how great it would be if the Ninth Circuit's ruling would take place today, maybe?;)

You're in my heart always. And when I think about the giggles, the belly laughs, and the occasional tears we shared here, I am reminded of the words of noted philosopher Dr. Seuss: "Don't cry because it's over. Be happy because it happened." :goodvibes

I love you, Friend.
:flower3:

robwally.jpg

Well hell. I didn't want to end my work day crying, but what a beautiful post. Thanks to the both of you for writing that. I only met him once in person and immediately considered him a friend. Miss you Rob.

Christ I miss you, we miss you. You were so funny, so warm, so perfectly irreverent. Just one more thread, you and WallyB? If only.

Love you Man. Rest easy.

Rob, I only had the pleasure of hanging out with you a few times, but you were a funny and fun person to be around. You are missed.

Can you imagine the money we could raise for charity! :rotfl2:

OMG. We'd make enough to end world hunger.

"No, I'M the Queen of the Universe." Spontaneously funny.

"She has the craaaaazy in her eyes." Achingly honest.

Jeez you guys!!! I am now here all teary-eyed!

One of my last memories of my last trip to WDW was giving Scott a big hug parting ways at the resort as we went back to our room to finish packing to go home. **sigh**

I keep a copy of the Superman special cover at my desk at work and so I get to to have a moment to think of Rob each day when I sit down at my desk.

I was one for the 2 gals that Mike mentioned. My partner, Gemma, and I were floored to have met you Mike. It was an honor to meet you after having read all about Rob. His story touched us and the emotion in your eyes, when started talking about the story we read on disboards, touched us as well.

Mike, I would have loved to have met Rob...if he's anything like you.

Their story is something we shared with all of our friends.
The ceremony was on 2/3/12 and I thought of Rob at the reception.
I was glad that he got his "happily ever after" before his passing.

Mike, Gemma and I talk and think of you often!

Princess Dianne princess:

It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you!

I hope you had the wedding of your dreams! :hug:

And come around more often! I think you gals would fit in here just fine! So where are the wedding pics?

Jeez you guys!!! I am now here all teary-eyed!

One of my last memories of my last trip to WDW was giving Scott a big hug parting ways at the resort as we went back to our room to finish packing to go home. **sigh**

I keep a copy of the Superman special cover at my desk at work and so I get to to have a moment to think of Rob each day when I sit down at my desk.

:thumbsup2 :hug:

I miss calling Rob "Theatre people". And I miss him calling me "Stage mom". I wish he was still here to guide me (and DS) through these decisions about monologues and auditions and the other things he has been through that are so new to us. :sad1:

I was at Gay Days in 2003 when Scott met Rob. I got to see the start of the beautiful relationship they had together. As my Dear Rob I thought I would post the picture...When Scott met Rob...Gay Days Beach Ball 2003.

view.sfly

Can't get the pict the download here. HELP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter