Debarkation Breakfast

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!

What time is the debarkation MDR breakfast for second seating dining? And how long does breakfast usually last? (We are not in a rush.) Trying to plan car ride and car rental. I know Cabanas is open until 08:00. Cheers!

I believe it is 8:00 on the last day because you have to be out of your cabin by 8:00

It really doesn’t take long because the menu is simple.

The question is what ship your getting off of because the bigger ships take longer to get all the people off, get your luggage and go thru customs.

Car services are pretty good they wait I would tell them 8:30 - 9:00 . we used to use a car service and would call and tell them when off and what post we are by. They don’t stay in the drop off area until your there. Not sure how car rentals work.

It depends on which restaurant but generally it's 8:00 or 8:15. Usually two restaurants will be 8 and one will be 8:15 to stagger slightly. We usually take about 45-60 min.

Are you able to linger in Cabanas after the food stations close down? Or do they rush you out of there? We’d like to wait until the line to get off the ship dies down. No hurry to get anywhere.
On the Disney Magic, I waited in the Soul Cat Lounge.

Are you able to linger in Cabanas after the food stations close down? Or do they rush you out of there? We’d like to wait until the line to get off the ship dies down. No hurry to get anywhere.
There is never a line when I exit the ship but there is a line at customs. This is usually around 9:30.

Customs has been a right joke the last couple of times PC and PE have gone almost exclusively facial recognition and pre-clearance I thought? You walk off, and go through a scanner and off you go. The USCBP people were just standing their having a laugh and talking the last few times. It was Port employees running the scanners.

We would like a sit down breakfast and would like to stay onboard as long as possible (we live about 30 minutes from the port and will drive our own car). We are second seating dinner and thus second breakfast. Do we bring our luggage with us (won't have a lot), can we leave in room or in concierge lounge?

We would like a sit down breakfast and would like to stay onboard as long as possible (we live about 30 minutes from the port and will drive our own car). We are second seating dinner and thus second breakfast. Do we bring our luggage with us (won't have a lot), can we leave in room or in concierge lounge?
You'll have to bring your carry ons with you to breakfast. You'll see long lines of suitcases outside the restaurants

I don’t know for sure about the concierge lounge, but I know DCL would like everything out of your stateroom as soon as possible so the stateroom hosts can start cleaning for the next guests. I think they ask for everything out by around 8 am, so you will need to bring luggage to breakfast if you’re second seating.

Customs has been a right joke the last couple of times PC and PE have gone almost exclusively facial recognition and pre-clearance I thought?
Port Canaveral does not have facial recognition or at least it didn't two weeks ago when we disembarked.

I've been on 18 DCL cruises, and I have yet to make it to breakfast in the main dining room on disembarkation morning. We always eat in Cabanas/Marceline... :)

Customs has been a right joke the last couple of times PC and PE have gone almost exclusively facial recognition and pre-clearance I thought? You walk off, and go through a scanner and off you go. The USCBP people were just standing their having a laugh and talking the last few times. It was Port employees running the scanners.
I don't think PC has the facial recognition, unless they've added it just in the last few months.

Don't leave it in your room, as they'll want to start cleaning the room as soon as you vacate it. You can have it with you in the concierge lounge while you're there, though not sure if they'll let you keep it there when you're not there. You can also bring it with you to breakfast (though might have to leave it outside the restaurant).

I don't think PC has the facial recognition, unless they've added it just in the last few months.

Just doing some research and looks like it is not fully rolled out yet but it is there. Just not for every ship and entry. It is actually pretty crazy to walk through CBP and not even have to give them your passport or talk to them. Walk, stand, scan green light and out. It is being rolled out at airports too.

Just doing some research and looks like it is not fully rolled out yet but it is there. Just not for every ship and entry. It is actually pretty crazy to walk through CBP and not even have to give them your passport or talk to them. Walk, stand, scan green light and out. It is being rolled out at airports too.
We found that FR took longer when we walked off a Norwegian Cruse. You have to wait for the system to respond. At PC (DCL) it went much faster handing them the PP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter