• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debarkation Day Buffet Breakfast

tracee22

Earning My Ears
I've been on multiple Disney cruises and have always done the MDR breakfast on the last day. And it's been alright but I'm wondering on options for our upcoming cruise. I get that Cabanas (we are on the Dream) will be open with shorter hours and less selection on debarkation day. If I am carrying my own luggage off, do I have to take my luggage to Cabanas or can I pop back to my room to get my luggage? TIA!

They will give you a time that they want you out of your stateroom so you will probably have to take your luggage with you.

We were on the Magic last week, but I suspect the process is the same. We were told to leave our cabins completely by 8:00 AM. Those of us who had luggage had to take it with us.

Cabanas opens at 6:30, probably. You can verify the time with the CMs the day before. If you get up early you can absolutely eat and pop back to your room to get your stuff, as long as you are out of the room by 8:00. That’s what we do; we leave the “room occupied” sign on the door to let them know we haven’t left yet. MDR is a chaotic zoo on debarkation morning, slow service but also feels very rushed.

Cabanas opens at 6:30, probably. You can verify the time with the CMs the day before. If you get up early you can absolutely eat and pop back to your room to get your stuff, as long as you are out of the room by 8:00. That’s what we do; we leave the “room occupied” sign on the door to let them know we haven’t left yet. MDR is a chaotic zoo on debarkation morning, slow service but also feels very rushed.
This is what we have done. We've gotten up early and gone and been back in plenty of time to vacate the room by the desired time.

I prefer the buffet as the MDR breakfast just doesn't do it for me and I always feel rushed there. DH does like the MDR adn I have to admit we've done both on the same day. But if we do the MDR, we've brought our bags to not hold up the room host.

How late is Cabanas open on disembarkation day for breakfast on the Fantasy?

Last edited:

We've also done the go at 6:30 for breakfast at Cabanas - no Mickey waffles 😥 - and then headed back down to the room to grab our bags. Then it was off the ship.

we are also a Cabanas for disembarkation family. We get up early on the last morning anyway to watch the sunrise and to come into port so we grab breakfast once Cabanas opens and we still have time to grab our stuff from our room by 8am.

We've also done the go at 6:30 for breakfast at Cabanas - no Mickey waffles 😥 - and then headed back down to the room to grab our bags. Then it was off the ship.
What is at the debarkation buffet? We’ve done 1 cruise and did the sit down dining. For our second main dining was already full so we’re second seating but want to be off the ship earlier, so we were thinking buffet this time. I’ve seen that the last morning buffet is more limited but not specifics on what more limited means - apparently no Mickey waffles but is it it no hot foods at all?

Plenty of hot food: eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, also pastries. I think they had waffles on the Fantasy, but I don’t really remember. Only one side of the buffet was open, but it wasn’t crowded. It was quieter than the MDR and altogether more relaxing. Easy to eat quickly and be on your way.

we’re second seating but want to be off the ship earlier
If you ask your Head Server, chances are he/she will be able to move you to early breakfast in MDR the last morning. Chances are you may not actually have the same servers from dinner, however. Or you could.

What is at the debarkation buffet? We’ve done 1 cruise and did the sit down dining. For our second main dining was already full so we’re second seating but want to be off the ship earlier, so we were thinking buffet this time. I’ve seen that the last morning buffet is more limited but not specifics on what more limited means - apparently no Mickey waffles but is it it no hot foods at all?
Mickey waffles and hot foods on the fantasy for the last morning at cabanas. 6:30 to 8:00. It is always super crowded, but much quicker than waiting for the sit down breakfast. They do not advertise that cabanas is open - they want everyone at the sit down breakfast.

We pretty much always do cabanas on that final morning. If we are up early enough, we leave our bags and make sure that we are out of the room by 8. Only fair to your hard working room steward. But, part of the reason for cabanas on that last day is to squeeze a few more minutes of sleep and to not have to be up so early-especially if you have first seating dining, which means you are at breakfast at 6:45 am!!! Not the way I want to end my cruise. I always find that it is not as rushed, plenty to eat. I let my servers know the evening before that is our plan, so they can plan and we can all say goodbye.

We're trying to decide if we want to do Cabanas or MDR breakfast. We have late dining; plan to handle our own luggage (one carry on size suitcase and backpack for each person); in no hurry to get off the ship. I assume MDR would be better for us. But, the feedback I hear of being rushed and it being crazy is making me think about Cabanas.

We're trying to decide if we want to do Cabanas or MDR breakfast. We have late dining; plan to handle our own luggage (one carry on size suitcase and backpack for each person); in no hurry to get off the ship. I assume MDR would be better for us. But, the feedback I hear of being rushed and it being crazy is making me think about Cabanas.
I never felt the MDR breakfast was rushed. We've mostly done the MDR for breakfast, but did just walk off once (no breakfast) because it worked better for us.

From FL we always have a long drive home to VA so we Cabanas/Marcelline the last morning. In a few weeks we're on Magic out of N'awlins so maybe we'll do the MDR last day. I think our flight out is at noon-ish, so we'll have time

No made to order omelets in cabanas on debarkation day either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter