Debarked 3-Night Merrytime on the Dream

erinburrsir

Earning My Ears
I was on the Nov 12 - 15 sailing on the Dream.

The wall is down and the Gingerbread house is complete! There is a very limited selection of Merrytime merchandise but they do have holiday themed tumblers, pins, clothing and the Loungefly bags at White Caps.

On a whim we checked once we got on board to see if there were Palo openings for Brunch for 2, and there was a waitlist already so we skipped it. We were in Boarding Group 3 to give you an idea how quickly it filled up.

I asked our servers (Jonathan and Nick who were AMAZING) what the numbers looked like, and our sailing had roughly 1680 aboard. He said 4-nights tend to be less guests than the 3 nights. Speaking of the MDR staff, they were happy to give us paper menus every night since my partner does not have a smart phone and gave me one as well. No issues there if you don't want to endlessly scroll the menus on your phone.

4 showtimes for Beauty and the Beast on the first and last night - 6pm and 8:30pm. If you want to go on the first night, I recommend getting there early for a good seat. We arrived at 5:30 and were seated in row 7, social distanced from other guests. A number of the activities like family game shows and karaoke were mostly repeats of the same activities/games on different days (even including Match your Mate which usually only gets one time slot on the first night in my experience!) so if you miss something the first night, chances are there will be a repeat on night 2 or 3.

For fireworks I recommend going straight to Deck 12 on the Dream early around 10:00pm and dance to Christmas music while the rest of the crowds file in closer to time around 10:15 - 10:30pm. The app says Deck 11 so it filled up much quicker, but the views on Deck 12 are better in my opinion and there's plenty of those blue circles to stand on with your party.

The trivia they had on board was Disney trivia (that my partner and I won!), Marvel trivia, 80s and 90s music trivia, movie quotes trivia and Pixar trivia. They had Pixar trivia twice, but I only went the first time and all the questions were Toy Story related, so just a heads up on that!

Castaway Cay had absolutely beautiful weather and any rainclouds all stayed at bay. It really did feel like we had our own little circle of sunshine with rain way off in the distance.

We docked in Nassau and stayed on the ship which a lot of families did, so if you're hoping to get an empty ship on the port day, it won't be as empty as usual. Our cruise director Ashley let us all know any children who wanted to disembark had to be booked with an adult on a Port Adventure so I think most of the families I saw skipped it to save the money. It wasn't too bad, we were able to find lounges, and the waittimes for the family pools seemed to go smoothly although we mostly stuck to the Quiet Cove which was a little packed around 11am. 45 minute wait for the Aquaduck seemed to be consistent so I recommend getting there early.

For Castaway Cay we did need to join a virtual queue on the app that you can join after 7:30am. We joined with a debarkation time of 8:55 - 9:10 (earliest was 8:30am) and it went very smoothly.

That's my report and advice as best as I can give! No change in guest service or food quality (if anything I felt the food in the MDRs was actually better than I remembered!). I traveled without kids so I can't answer anything related to the kids clubs or activities.

Last edited:
Did you visit the spa? If so, any word on when facials may return?
Was parasiling on CC operating?
Were there any small acts onboard in the lounges besides musicians?
Thank you!

Did you visit the spa? If so, any word on when facials may return?
Was parasiling on CC operating?
Were there any small acts onboard in the lounges besides musicians?
Thank you!

No, we didn't visit the spa this trip, and I didn't see any parasailing while we were on the island. Scuttle's Cove looked closed too when we walked by, but that's all I noticed. We just grabbed some lounge chairs on the family beach and napped most of the day. I heard Serenity Bay was packed though so I'm glad we skipped it - the family beaches were bare enough with the smaller amount of people on board. They did have rentals available though for intertubes, kayaking and water bikes!

And nope, the only acts I saw in the nightclubs were a pianist and a violist. No comedians or magicians or other variety acts I saw I'm afraid.

No, we didn't visit the spa this trip, and I didn't see any parasailing while we were on the island. Scuttle's Cove looked closed too when we walked by, but that's all I noticed. We just grabbed some lounge chairs on the family beach and napped most of the day. I heard Serenity Bay was packed though so I'm glad we skipped it - the family beaches were bare enough with the smaller amount of people on board. They did have rentals available though for intertubes, kayaking and water bikes!

And nope, the only acts I saw in the nightclubs were a pianist and a violist. No comedians or magicians or other variety acts I saw I'm afraid.
Bummer! But thank you for your reply :flower3:

I believe facials are back. I was on the Dream the cruise right before and they had the embarkation special, 50 minute massage and 20 minute facial.

Do you go to Palo after boarding, to ask about availability? Guest services? Many thanks.

I used the chat feature on the app to ask Guest Services upon boarding, and they were able to inform me about the waitlist. They recommended speaking directly with Palo through the app to be put on the waitlist, but we didn't want to go through the trouble.

We’re on this same itinerary this week!
Fireworks- I had heard 2 shows. Is it just one? On night 2?
Also, what is showing in the theater on the night there is no Beauty?
What movies?

We’re on this same itinerary this week!
Fireworks- I had heard 2 shows. Is it just one? On night 2?
Also, what is showing in the theater on the night there is no Beauty?
What movies?

I only saw the Merrytime Fireworks listed once on Night 2. There was also no pirate menu or bandanas given out that night, but I did see a lot of kids dress up in pirate costumes on Night 2.

Beauty and the Beast was the only Live show on board - no second Live show. They were playing Eternals back to back several times in the Walt Disney Theater throughout the day on our Nassau day.

Movies played were Jungle Cruise, Shang-Chi, and Eternals

Hope that helps!

Very helpful. Thanks.

I understand for HOTHS there was a Halloween theme movie on night 2, so I guess I was expecting similar for VMT.

Very helpful. Thanks.

I understand for HOTHS there was a Halloween theme movie on night 2, so I guess I was expecting similar for VMT.

The holiday themed movies I saw were all on funnel vision sometime in the evening. I know they had Jim Carey's Grinch playing Night 2 pretty late when we took a walk along the deck

But they did have Noelle playing a few times at the Buena Vista Theater! Forgot to mention that one

The holiday themed movies I saw were all on funnel vision sometime in the evening. I know they had Jim Carey's Grinch playing Night 2 pretty late when we took a walk along the deck
Oh that’s fun!
Reminds me of another question - is Aquaduck running at night? Friends told my kids about that pre-Covid and now they’re pumped. Shorter lines then?

Oh that’s fun!
Reminds me of another question - is Aquaduck running at night? Friends told my kids about that pre-Covid and now they’re pumped. Shorter lines then?

I didn't see it running when we were up there (which was long after the fireworks had ended), but the winds were pretty strong later on during Night 2, so it may have closed due to that.

Oh that’s fun!
It was running at night in October. We liked it a lot better than day! Lights are very fun. Line was not really shorter though, but we went after first seating dinner so that is a popular pool time.

Oh that’s fun!

I was also on this sailing and my kiddo was excited that it was running Sunday evening! When he went to go up the stairs the lifeguard stopped him and told him he had to have another person with him because of the high winds. He was totally bummed out :( Thankfully we saw two girls getting off at this time and I asked if one of them would ride with him. They were super sweet and each took a turn with him!

ETA: There was no line at the time he went up but I'm not sure what it looked like Friday or Saturday evening. We did ask on our first night how late it would be open each night and they said 10pm.

I was also on this sailing and my kiddo was excited that it was running Sunday evening! When he went to go up the stairs the lifeguard stopped him and told him he had to have another person with him because of the high winds. He was totally bummed out :( Thankfully we saw two girls getting off at this time and I asked if one of them would ride with him. They were super sweet and each took a turn with him!

ETA: There was no line at the time he went up but I'm not sure what it looked like Friday or Saturday evening. We did ask on our first night how late it would be open each night and they said 10pm.
Your post reminded me that was also true when we went in the evening--they were only allowing double-riders not single riders due to the wind. We're a family of 5 so odd numbered, so DH and I took turns riding with our youngest while our two older kids rode together. I suspect this is pretty common since the ship at night is often going close to top speed getting to the next port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter