DEBATE: Benchmarking the Disney Magic

As a parent of 2 small children, dd (5) and ds (16 months), they are where my magic lies. I guess I could think up some particulars that Disney does, but to look into my dd's face, can actually bring tears to my eyes. She just lights up. We just got back for the "world" on the 29th. It was a magical experience. Dd knows that the characters are just people who dress up ( that darn kindergarten, she learns too much...) but for the first time, she saw Tinkerbell start the fireworks at MK and she truly believed that that was Tink. She was waving and saying hi Tink. That is magic. We weren't sure how our ds would, since this was his first trip. Can I just say that he is as hooked as we are. He loved the characters. To see him squeal in excitement to get down to walk to a character (he started walking and standing on his own, when we were in the airport to leave for Disney, should of known that there would be magic..) To see Mickey, Goofy and many more characters sit down on the floor and just play with him. That is magic and priceless. I am a DVCer and Disney has already taken a lot of money from me and the costs of everything else in "the world" is outrageous, but I don't care. I will spend that money every year because it is like a drug to dh and I, to see our children's faces, money doesn't matter. I guess to me that Disney has this special magic that you just can't put your finger on, because if you could, then every amusement park would be doing the same thing. It truly must be pixy dust...;)

Actually, that Quote Does relate to Walt's Back Yard Railroad. (I think) Or At least the Story is told in the Book the Walt Disney Railroad Story. It may have been in relation to the Disneyland and Santa Fe railroad construction, but I don't think so. I believe it was the Carolwood and Pacific.

I could go on and on about all the things I find magical about WDW but it all boils down to one simple point..

When I walk through those gates I LITERALLY feel like I have LEFT the planet I live on and entered an entirely different world.. I feel younger - happier - healthier - and honored - to be able to spend time in such a magical place.. No where else has EVER evoked those same feelings in me..

All I can say is that It Works For Me. Since my 1st trip to WDW in May, 1972.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter