Debating about going to Disney Springs

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at week at WDW in late May at the Beach Club. We go to WDW once about every 2 or 3 years. We haven't seen the new updated DS, but we rarely went when it was DD. If we go we would definitely eat at a quick-service. We've already planned out our table-service restaurants (not on the DP but don't want to budget for an additional table-service meal). And, we really aren't shoppers at all. Do you enjoy Disney Springs if you don't want to shop or dine at a table-service restaurant? We can't decide if we want to take time out of the parks and Stormalong Bay to go or not.

Disney Springs has a lot of shops that are fun to look through. The Polite Pig is a great quick service restaurant there. I think it's worth a visit since you haven't seen it since it became Disney Springs.

We are going the first time in years as well over Easter but only bc we have a Dino expert whose 6 so T. rex for dinner for us is a must do..
We are planning on arrival day after relaxing st the pool all day waiting for grocery delivery etc

We stayed at the Beach Club the first week of December and had a free morning. It was too cold to swim so we went to Disney Springs to do the Stitch scavenger hunt and see the Christmas Tree Trail. My kids were not impressed with either and I think we would have had more fun doing a round of putt putt (which you can easily walk to from BC). I was most frustrated with the bus situation. On the return trip (around 1 PM on a Wednesday) we waited at least 20 minutes for the bus to arrive and then stopped at CBR, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, YC and then BC. It took forever.

We stayed at the Beach Club the first week of December and had a free morning. It was too cold to swim so we went to Disney Springs to do the Stitch scavenger hunt and see the Christmas Tree Trail. My kids were not impressed with either and I think we would have had more fun doing a round of putt putt (which you can easily walk to from BC). I was most frustrated with the bus situation. On the return trip (around 1 PM on a Wednesday) we waited at least 20 minutes for the bus to arrive and then stopped at CBR, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, YC and then BC. It took forever.
The buses to and from DS are not great and the boats sometimes take their sweet time, also

I hate shopping, but I love to stop by DS for a few hours, especially in the evening. It's fun to walk around and there are plenty of great counter service places to choose from. If you can squeeze it in, do it.

DS is only an option if we have extra time and want to bypass the parks that day. Most of the shops are not for us. When we do go we only visit the Disney stores and maybe the Lego store just for the FREE birth control. Takes care of that baby itch every time! I do like to eat at Morimotos. The bus system always seems slow to DS.

We will be staying at week at WDW in late May at the Beach Club. We go to WDW once about every 2 or 3 years. We haven't seen the new updated DS, but we rarely went when it was DD. If we go we would definitely eat at a quick-service. We've already planned out our table-service restaurants (not on the DP but don't want to budget for an additional table-service meal). And, we really aren't shoppers at all. Do you enjoy Disney Springs if you don't want to shop or dine at a table-service restaurant? We can't decide if we want to take time out of the parks and Stormalong Bay to go or not.
other than eating at a quick service what else are you looking to do in DS?
Like others have mentioned their nighttime entertainment is varied, something for everyone all around.If you are planning on going before 7pm there aren't a lot of live entertainment options though.
My favorite qs is Earl of Sandwich, D-Luxe Burger is really good too just a bit pricier than EoS

Another one who does not like to shop, don't need to see stores. But, if not planning on going to a park, I do like the option of spontaneously finding some live entertainment, grabbing dessert (maybe Ghiradelli's hot fudge) and taking a slower stroll. But, I hate the new garages and complexity of driving or busing. We go when we stay at POR or SS so we can cruise over by boat.

It's not for us. I'd rather have a rest then go there. If you like shopping then it's okay. You can always find more to do at the parks. If the funds are there take a Disney tour for something different.

Disney Springs would be all right if you lived there and you had no reason to go to the parks.

Do you enjoy Disney Springs if you don't want to shop or dine at a table-service restaurant?

I definitely enjoy it...but I can't say I don't shop! :laughing:

We play it by ear, depending on how much time we have. On our last trip (a couple of years ago) we skipped it, but this time, we're planning on going on arrival night. We always have a good time, though my family still hasn't adjusted to the name change.

Another one who does not like to shop, don't need to see stores. But, if not planning on going to a park, I do like the option of spontaneously finding some live entertainment, grabbing dessert (maybe Ghiradelli's hot fudge) and taking a slower stroll. But, I hate the new garages and complexity of driving or busing. We go when we stay at POR or SS so we can cruise over by boat.
As a local and frequent visitor I LOVE the new garages, there's no complexity in driving, it's all very smooth and less hectic when finding a parking spot.

While we normally swing by every trip, it isn't a must do for us. I like the variety of table service restaurants and would definitely go if Jaleo was going to be open next week. We also often tell the kids that we won't buy everything they see in the parks but on the last night we will go to DS and they can pick stuff out then. That being said, I live in a large city and the majority of what is found at DS anymore I can find at home - so it isn't a MUST. It's more a fun if you have time.

We love DS. Especially now with the great parking garages and new roadways. So much easier navigating and parking than in years past.

They have a ton of fantastic quick service spots to eat and a ton of stores that are fun to browse even if you don't plan on buying anything.

We go a couple days every month and usually hit DS every time

DS is beautifully themed. While we rarely buy much, the stores are fun to browse as most are ones we don't have at home.
They have many good QS dining options. Agree with above suggestion for Polite Pig.
If you enjoy them, they have some really fun bars/lounges as well.

My wife and I go to DS every time we're there, mainly on the first day that we fly in. By the time we finally get to the resort, it's usually mid-afternoon. She's a shop-a-holic and I like to have a few drinks and check out whatever musical entertainment is going on at the Marketplace Stage, so it works out. If you haven't seen it since the expansion, it may be worth it just to take a walk through.

Visiting almost every year since 2001, we've seen it change from the days of Pleasure Island to what it is now. It's quite remarkable how much has been revamped. We were there last month and there is some construction going in the old DisneyQuest area, but it didn't really affect anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter