Debating upon college program

imagineerhopefull

<font color=purple>I'm a <font color=darkcoral>Cle
:earsboy: I've been thinking about doing the college program for a semester/summer for a long time now, ever since my aunt was part of it 11 years ago when the intership was only for a summer. I have always enjoyed disney and would leike to one day work for them as an imagineer. I do have a few questions regarding thr programm though. First, how many credits do you receive for the program? Second, which semester do you believe is better to take part in the intership, the january-auguest programm or the may-december. My 3rd question is how did it effect the classes you were taking? how far behind did it put you? any information that anyone has to give would gladly be accepted. Thank you! :earsboy:

Credits:

It depends on your school. While I was there, I had to take courses through the Disney College Program, and based upon my grades in those classes, they assigned me an internship credit at my school ( University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee ).

Some schools make it easier to get credit, just by giving you credits for being there, some require you to write a journal, and some do not offer credit. Unfortunately, this can only be answered by your Campus Rep team, or your school advisor for the program.

Semester -

Depends - I think if you can stand to be away from family and friends, the Fall/Fall advantage program is a good term. I did it, and missed Christmas with everyone I knew - but at the same time I think that really pulled some of the friendships I had down there together, stronger bonds. For Christmas, all we had were our friends there, work, and the parks. Plus, all the parks are decorated - If you've ever been there during Christmas, you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll also be at WDW for New Years Eve, which was fun. I was at Pleasure Island working, and got to sneak out to see the fireworks at midnight with my family that came to visit. If you choose the fall advantage program, don't forget the 4'th of July!

Spring - I have a friend down there right now. The advantage to this program is that you only miss one major holiday ( easter ). So if your worried about the holidays...

They treat the cast well during the Christmas season though. You WILL be busy, but they also have the Cast Holiday Celebration - which this past Holiday Celebration included a extra park ticket good for yourself and up to 3 guests, 50% a full service meal, free popcorn/drink/picture & photopass picture certificates, special rates on hotel rooms for family.

-Troy

I also noticed when you go to the generic CP website, which is www.disneycollegeprogram.com (since there is a site specific for WDW), they have put up a new section (it's still under construction) that is going to be for imagineering internships throug the CP. But as there is no information for it yet, try for the regular cp, and then when the imagineering program comes around, you'll have already done an internship with Disney and have your foot that much more in the door. Hope this helps, and let us know if you decide anything! Good Luck!

:goodvibes Jen :goodvibes

credit depends on your school- myschool gave me no credit at all.

I went on the spring program and think that that's the better choice. The parks are a little slower when you get there so it's easier to acclimate to your job. parks close earlier too so you're not jumping into a crazy busy time like you are in the fall. the weather is also much nicer, it helps ease you into Orlando. and you only miss one major holiday.

I also didn't take classes, imho they seemed pretty generic and not worth the extra aggravation since I wouldn't be recieving any credit anyway!

make sure your school will accept it for your major. In talking to my advisor I could recieve credits but since I would be doing the CP senior year they wouldn't count, because they would be elective credits. I also would lose my scholarship by participating (time and age limits) so for me it wasn't worth it.

Thank you everyone for all the information that you have, it has all been very useful to me! Would love to hear more comments and suggestions that anyone has. ::MickeyMo

Unless you've done both the fall and spring college program then its hard to say which is best. I personally think that Fall program is better since you get to experience the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT and other special events for the holiday season.

Are Canadians allowed to participate in the CP? Also is there an age limit, I'm past mid twenties! :confused3

SnowyPrincesses:) said:
Are Canadians allowed to participate in the CP? Also is there an age limit, I'm past mid twenties! :confused3

Canadians can participate in the International program. Check out http://www.wdwip.com/

Its not the offical site, but i'm sure it has all the information you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter