• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debt Ceiling Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple math suggests that $700,000 for 2,000 agents is about $350 per agent annually - which isn't exactly "stockpiling".
Conversely - $700,000 for the mythical 87,000 agents would make it $8 of ammo per agent - so unless they are going to Barney Fife it with one bullet in the gun - not sure what they are going to do with that "stockpile" ...

Considering, the IRS requires bi-annual proficiency training in (non-consecutive) quarters - not to mention new hire training programs - this is a pretty small amount for the existing agent pool of 2,000.
And the agents are aliens. Just saying before an article is posted about the aliens living among us.

The IRS Special Agents have been armed for decades. They fall under the Department of Homeland Security. They receive many months of training from Homeland Security. They go on arrests usually in conjunction with SBI, FBI, and other local law enforcement agencies. The number of Special Agents is quite a small portion of the agency as a whole. They look for money laundering, wire fraud - things that terrorists and drug cartels do to hide their money - which is why they are under homeland security. It can be a dangerous job. They uncover many involved in scamming the elderly or vulnerable who are trying to hide their money. 50% of the current IRS workforce is already or will be retirement age within 5 years. They had the most agents in the 80s under Regan & Bush. Since then they are down about 40K employees, while the country has increased in population by nearly 100million people.

The IRS Special Agents have been armed for decades. They fall under the Department of Homeland Security. They receive many months of training from Homeland Security. They go on arrests usually in conjunction with SBI, FBI, and other local law enforcement agencies. The number of Special Agents is quite a small portion of the agency as a whole. They look for money laundering, wire fraud - things that terrorists and drug cartels do to hide their money - which is why they are under homeland security. It can be a dangerous job. They uncover many involved in scamming the elderly or vulnerable who are trying to hide their money. 50% of the current IRS workforce is already or will be retirement age within 5 years. They had the most agents in the 80s under Regan & Bush. Since then they are down about 40K employees, while the country has increased in population by nearly 100million people.
EDIT: Nah, I shouldn't mock like that. Never mind the aliens thing!

These are the kinds of crimes the IRS special agents are investigating and prosecuting.

"According to the allegations in the indictment, the defendants allegedly participated in a conspiracy to distribute more than 400 grams of fentanyl, more than 50 grams of methamphetamine (actual), 500 grams of a mixture of a substance containing methamphetamine, and a kilogram of heroin.

IRS-CI, the FBI, and ICE-ERO conducted the investigation in this case. The prosecution is being handled by Assistant United States Attorneys Cyrus Chung and Alexander Duncan."

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/federal-grand-jury-indicts-24-defendants-on-drug-trafficking-charges

Another.

"Columbus, OH — The final defendant charged in narcotics and money laundering conspiracies pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court today. Seven defendants are responsible for conspiring to traffic thousands of oxycodone pills and more than three kilograms of methamphetamine into Ohio from Florida and California, and for conspiring to launder more than $2.5 million in drug proceeds.

In total, the group obtained and distributed between 5,656 and 100,000 30-milligram oxycodone pills, which were then sold for between $20 and $30 per pill."

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/crim...state-narcotics-money-laundering-conspiracies

Largest international operation against darknet trafficking of fentanyl and opioids results in record arrests and seizures​

“Collaboration with our law enforcement partners is key to combatting fentanyl and opioid trafficking,” said Chief Jim Lee of the IRS Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI). “Under the JCODE umbrella, law enforcement agencies across the globe have joined forces to take down criminals who use the darknet to buy and sell narcotics. Our team at IRS-CI plays an integral role in these investigations by following the money trail, whether it’s in fiat currency or digital assets on the blockchain.”

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/crim...pioids-results-in-record-arrests-and-seizures

Seriously, armed IRS agents are not going after Average Joe American that forgot to report his 1099-INT, had his return flagged by an automated computer check program, received an automated notice of underpayment, wrote his extra check, and was done with it.

Newly unsealed indictments include RICO conspiracy, murder, and drug trafficking offenses​

Two indictments were unsealed today in the District of Minnesota charging 30 members and associates of two Minneapolis-based street gangs – the Highs and the Bloods – with racketeering (RICO) conspiracy involving alleged murder, attempted murder, robbery, obstruction of justice, and drug trafficking. Additional charges include the use of a firearm to commit murder and drug trafficking. In addition to these indictments, separate charging documents have been brought against an additional 15 Highs or Bloods members on drug and gun charges.

IRS Criminal Investigation, the ATF, FBI, Minneapolis Police Department, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, and Minnesota Department of Corrections are investigating the cases, with assistance from the U.S. Marshals Service, DEA, Homeland Security Investigations, and the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office. The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office, Dakota County Sheriff’s Office, St. Paul Police Department, and numerous other law enforcement agencies contributed to this investigation through reports or evidence control.

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/crim...rs-and-associates-indicted-on-federal-charges

I’m a product of private education and I do ok.
I'm a product of public education and I do OK, too. There are plenty of people from each system, or from a mix of the two, that are going just fine. Most people do OK.

But I really do worry about the folks that don't fit into "most" there.

I’m a product of private education and I do ok.
Yeah. I’m a product of public schools sooo there’s that! 😂 I’m all in for the private education we are able to provide. A way safer and more diverse environment. The kids literally are in with kids around the world. Blessed to have that opportunity.

This has been a threat and a problem for decades, and no one's fixed the perpetual problem yet. History tells us the politicians will end up with some sort of compromise to raise and extend, claim some sort of political victory, and kick the problem down the line for another few months to avoid fixing the actual problem. We haven't avoided planning because of this issue in the past, and won't now.
Just FYI the White House does have a debt reduction plan....

It will never pass because it goes after the people who own most of Washington leaders.

I doubt that this affects anyone here either, but likely half of our members would fight against it cause "identity politics".
1684896113175.jpeg

That plan doesn't even count the estimated annual $500 Billion Plus in tax non-filing, underreporting, and underpaying. Maybe if IRS was appropriately staffed, it could help collect some of that. But hey, the side that likes to say it's on the side of law enforcement doesn't actually want law enforcement to be able to do its job. I wonder why that is.

Just FYI the White House does have a debt reduction plan....

It will never pass because it goes after the people who own most of Washington leaders.

I doubt that this affects anyone here either, but likely half of our members would fight against it cause "identity politics".
View attachment 762612
Sounds a lot better than cutting Medicaid and SNAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter