• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debt Dumpers - 2019

i've never done this-how do you?
I have tried having them shipped, but I can never get exactly what I want (whether it be the brand, or the amount) so I started using Uber to pick things up myself. But I'm tired already when we get there, a shopping trip just makes it worse. Then I checked into personal shoppers - that works best for us. The one I used last year was great, they'll go anywhere and pick up anything (was $20 a trip last Dec., I paid more than that round trip Uber). You have their phone #, so you can text back and forth if needed, and you can set up the time you want them to drop off. We let them know what time we land, then when we've landed we let them know about what time we'll be arriving at the resort. They met us there and we went with them outside to unload. That was at Uni. Then we put in another order for DW (wanted stuff from Costco, too) and same drill - let them know when we would arrive at DW resort and what time we wanted the drop off. They met us in front and unloaded, went very smooth. Already let them know we'll be doing it again this year, getting my list together! Sooo much easier - and I like the fact I can communicate at a moments notice about products or drop off time. Don't have to worry about resort policies, either.

16 days until DL! Hubby still has no idea about the dessert party. Bought a couple of ART passes because the walking last time was brutal after full days in the park. Plus, if we want to nap, this makes it much easier.

Day three without power due to the winds. Probably won't have power back until Thursday, at best. I am grateful the power was off on Saturday night/Sunday morning. The winds were strong enough to rip off our shed roof. It's an easy fix and we will do that this coming Saturday before any rain is in the forecast.

Paying off the last of the vacation fiasco (with brother flaking) tomorrow. DH is already looking at how to use those dollars to spend: truck repair, carpet replacement, etc. We're talking it out, which is easy to do when the generator is humming away and we have one lamp lighting up the whole living room. :rotfl2:

We had Window World come last night and give a quote on replacing the two basement hopper windows. The current windows are terrible. Single pane, so super energy inefficient, and ugly. Plus we recently noticed that both are cracked. It was always planned that we would have these windows replaced as part of our basement project. The builder couldn't find any off the shelf windows to use, so we had to go with a custom window manufacturer. We were happy with the quote. I didn't want to waste time getting additional quotes because honestly, I am sick and tired of all these contractors. I just want things to be totally, totally done. They should be ready for install within the next month or two.

Last week, the countertop fabricator came back and took away the bathroom vanity countertop because we noticed that it was off center with the cabinet. They came back today and reinstalled the new countertop. It now looks perfect. This means that the builder can come back and do the very, very, very final things for the basement. I cannot express how happy I will be once they finish these final items and don't have to come back anymore.

I had an exciting night.

I went to pick up DD from daycare around 5:40pm. As I left my driveway, the car seemed to be driving strange and making a weird noise. I pulled over and got out to check the tires. Sure enough, the rear driver side tire was flat. I pulled back into the driveway and called the daycare to let them know what was going on. DH was out for a work dinner, so he wasn't going to be home anytime soon and even if I called him right then, he wouldn't make it home before the daycare closed. I started working on putting on the spare tire. My neighbors had been outside and seen/heard it all. My neighbor's son came over and offered to assist. Neither of us could get the lug nuts loosened. After freaking out a little, my neighbor offered to drive me to the daycare to pick up DD. It took a few minutes to get her car seat installed, but we made it to the daycare about 10 minutes before they closed. DD was a little unsure because it was a different car, but I held her hand on the way home and it was all fine. I am so thankful to my neighbor and need to figure out a nice gift to say thanks to her for the help. Any suggestions?

Once DD was home and eating dinner, I called AAA and renewed my membership. I had let it lapse a while ago because I got roadside assistance through my car's extended warranty, but that expired a few months ago and I forgot to renew AAA. Once my membership was active again, they called a tow company to come out and put the spare tire on my car. When they took the flat tire off, you could see a piece of metal in it.

I had already been planning to replace all 4 tires before the snow started, but was holding out a little to see if there was a promotion. Well, I guess this just moved that time table up. I ordered the tires last night via Discount Tire's website. Once they are in stock then I can set an appointment to have them installed. I am hoping that might be tomorrow.

31 days till Disney and I can't wait. This Friday is the first paycheck in my husbands change of pay period to every two weeks vs once a month. Redid our budget based on due dates rather than first of the month/middle of the month. Was a little stressful as I am used to having certain bills paid on the first of the month and they wouldn't be on the list so I would freak out only to realize the due date pushed it to a later check. Once we get it all figured out I think it will be good. Have two things to buy for my daughter and son in law in their Christmas stockings and then I'm done with them. We have a Christmas account we put money into- this year we didn't put it in always as scheduled so we are a little shorter than usual but we will make it work. In that account I always budget for Christmas baking as my friend and I spend a whole day making treats. This our grocery list for baking is coming in at about 1/2 of what I have put away for it. Using the extra money to have family pictures taken when my daughter and son in law are here for Thanksgiving. They got married last year but I don't like any of the pictures I am in so hopefully these turn out better!

I had an exciting night.

I went to pick up DD from daycare around 5:40pm. As I left my driveway, the car seemed to be driving strange and making a weird noise. I pulled over and got out to check the tires. Sure enough, the rear driver side tire was flat. I pulled back into the driveway and called the daycare to let them know what was going on. DH was out for a work dinner, so he wasn't going to be home anytime soon and even if I called him right then, he wouldn't make it home before the daycare closed. I started working on putting on the spare tire. My neighbors had been outside and seen/heard it all. My neighbor's son came over and offered to assist. Neither of us could get the lug nuts loosened. After freaking out a little, my neighbor offered to drive me to the daycare to pick up DD. It took a few minutes to get her car seat installed, but we made it to the daycare about 10 minutes before they closed. DD was a little unsure because it was a different car, but I held her hand on the way home and it was all fine. I am so thankful to my neighbor and need to figure out a nice gift to say thanks to her for the help. Any suggestions?

Once DD was home and eating dinner, I called AAA and renewed my membership. I had let it lapse a while ago because I got roadside assistance through my car's extended warranty, but that expired a few months ago and I forgot to renew AAA. Once my membership was active again, they called a tow company to come out and put the spare tire on my car. When they took the flat tire off, you could see a piece of metal in it.

I had already been planning to replace all 4 tires before the snow started, but was holding out a little to see if there was a promotion. Well, I guess this just moved that time table up. I ordered the tires last night via Discount Tire's website. Once they are in stock then I can set an appointment to have them installed. I am hoping that might be tomorrow.
That's stressful. I'd suggest maybe a small fall/autumn theme potted plant, or coffee set, or hickory farm box? My DH needs four new tires on his vehicle. He's browsing for a good deal, need deal they are awfully big tires. We squeaked by the safety inspection this year but won't pass next year, and anyway, winter is coming. (Sounds like Games of Thrones, but yes it is!)

I am so thankful to my neighbor and need to figure out a nice gift to say thanks to her for the help. Any suggestions?
A nice pot of fall chrysanthemums and/or a pie from a local bakery might be wonderful! It's amazing when someone like that pitches in.

Day four sans power. We used some emergency cash yesterday to buy an indoor propane heater. WELL worth the money. It got down to 45 last night and the heater kept the house at 72! On low! I can't tell you how relieved I am for when/if the power goes out in much colder temps now. If anyone is interested, it's a DeWalt DHX12B. We will be budgeting for another spare propane tank (we have one) and a couple of DeWalt rechargeable batteries. Y'all, this heater has not only a small fan, but a light AND 3 USB ports to charge phones!

Happy to be back at work. Charging the phone and phone chargers in case we don't get power back today (like they promised...)

A nice pot of fall chrysanthemums and/or a pie from a local bakery might be wonderful! It's amazing when someone like that pitches in.

For the most part, I do have really wonderful neighbors. There is a lot of pitching in to help each other out that goes on around here. DH often helps our other neighbor to clear snow on our elderly neighbor's driveway whenever it snows. We have borrowed out some lawn equipment before. The next-door neighbor called DH over last week to help with some heavy yard work that he couldn't do alone and that neighbor helped us adjust our sprinkler heads this past spring. It is really nice to help each other out when we can.

I had an exciting night.

Ha, I just bought 4 new tires from Discount Tire yesterday too. I live on a road with a construction landfill on it so I'm constantly picking up nails in my tires and have just gotten used to it over the years. I've had one tire that I've had to put air in every week for a couple weeks now so I knew I either had another nail or an old patch that was loose. I took it to discount tire and all four tires were in the low tread zone. The salesman told me the two I bought from them should have taken me to 50k miles but I was only at 30k on them, so he prorated half of the price of the tires back to me on a new set of four Pirellis. The price for all four put on was $330. I thought it was a pretty good price, but wasn't really sure until I got out to my car and looked at the receipt I had in the glovebox for when I bought the set of two tires and realized I paid $280 for them. So I guess I really did get a good deal!

Ha, I just bought 4 new tires from Discount Tire yesterday too. I live on a road with a construction landfill on it so I'm constantly picking up nails in my tires and have just gotten used to it over the years. I've had one tire that I've had to put air in every week for a couple weeks now so I knew I either had another nail or an old patch that was loose. I took it to discount tire and all four tires were in the low tread zone. The salesman told me the two I bought from them should have taken me to 50k miles but I was only at 30k on them, so he prorated half of the price of the tires back to me on a new set of four Pirellis. The price for all four put on was $330. I thought it was a pretty good price, but wasn't really sure until I got out to my car and looked at the receipt I had in the glovebox for when I bought the set of two tires and realized I paid $280 for them. So I guess I really did get a good deal!

That is a great deal. All 4 tires is costing me $837. But I did a lot of research and these tires should be good until I am ready to sell my car. I am sitting at discount tire as I type, waiting for my car to be finished.

Happy Halloween to all that like the holiday, and hope for a good evening for those with trick-or-treaters. We are expecting bad weather so not certain if Halloween will be a bust, depends on when the weather comes in.

Does it seem to anyone else Black Friday is starting earlier and earlier, well, the select sales and previews? I have a few things now on the Christmas list, but those are for Target. Will tires be on Black Friday anywhere, lol?! Several here have mentioned tires, we also need four tires.

Happy Halloween to all that like the holiday, and hope for a good evening for those with trick-or-treaters. We are expecting bad weather so not certain if Halloween will be a bust, depends on when the weather comes in.

Does it seem to anyone else Black Friday is starting earlier and earlier, well, the select sales and previews? I have a few things now on the Christmas list, but those are for Target. Will tires be on Black Friday anywhere, lol?! Several here have mentioned tires, we also need four tires.

Forecast for us is rain all day so I am not expecting tons of trick or treaters today, but we made up candy bags last night so we are ready nonetheless.

I was hoping to wait for a good promotion on my tires because the tire manufacturers usually run rebate offers but nothing for my specific tires had occurred over the past 2 months since I started watching. Just couldn’t wait any longer with the flat.

That is a great deal. All 4 tires is costing me $837. But I did a lot of research and these tires should be good until I am ready to sell my car. I am sitting at discount tire as I type, waiting for my car to be finished.

They are sooooo friendly in there. DH works in training/learning and development. I told him he needs to figure out what Discount Tire's training platform is for their employees because they rock haha.

They are sooooo friendly in there. DH works in training/learning and development. I told him he needs to figure out what Discount Tire's training platform is for their employees because they rock haha.

I got here at 7:40am. They open at 8am and I was already 3rd in line. They are always so busy that I am impressed with the customer service.
The bright side to needing new tires is that we are over 1/2 way to the minimum spend on DH’s Marriott Bonvoy business card now.

Excessive tire wear can be an indication of a worn suspension and you should have your shocks/struts checked. This also stresses steering components, causing premature wear.

Excessive tire wear can be an indication of a worn suspension and you should have your shocks/struts checked. This also stresses steering components, causing premature wear.

It's probably related to the fact that I've only ever had my tires rotated once on this car :rotfl2: I treat my cars like garbage yet they just keep running for me lol.

ETA: but I did get this car aligned once not too long ago and they didn't mention anything about their being suspension problems then.

Power went on around 5 p.m. yesterday, thank the Lord. Honestly. DH and I set a list in the order of what we need to do before the next power outage. PG&E, God bless you for the next 10 years of this...

However, if anyone is in the market for an indoor propane heater, I can wholeheartedly recommend the DeWalt!!! Not an expense we expected, but grateful for the emergency fund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter