Dec 2021 -- we've booked and are totally nervous....

Best_Vacation_EVER!

DIS Veteran
So for Dec 2021 we've booked our next vacation..... By then many initial vaccinations should have occured. and we're hoping that the US is a little less scary by then --- but still have some major worriies since there is no sign anything is going to change... What are other Canadian's plans over the next year or so..

We are planning for a fall 2021 trip as well. Nothing booked but that's what is in our minds for relatively safe travelling again. My new grand-babies will be a year old by then and it will be a perfect time to go to Disney and Universal.

If we dip our toes into the US it will be into the northern border states near us for a tour by car. It will be a last minute decision for the fall of 2021 if things look safe to go.

I'm not looking realistically at Florida until late winter early spring 2022 but so much out of my control has to line up for that to work.

Your reservation is secure=good
Don't fret about it until next year! Everything concerning safe travel that far out IS OUT OF YOUR CONTROL.

But I get it, I didn't fret about my cancelled May2020 vacation until the beginning of March. Then that sinking feeling set in. Knowing what I know now, I personally would have kabashed the whole trip sooner.

Based on the news, I have hopes that the Cdn government will have a vaccine active in the general population by the fall of 2021. I hope it works out!

We have been thinking about booking something....especially since West Jet sent an offer for our companion voucher...than we can get an extra 2 vouchers if we book before Dec something. We have been thinking about it, but dh work is frowning upon any travel right now and for some time into the new year. And we just don't know when they will turn that around.

We would book a trip to Atlantic Canada with those vouchers too...but with their travel bubble in effect...the family wedding that will be in NFL is delayed in planning because of that as well.

We have these vouchers just burning a hole in our pockets...with no where to really go or can plan to go!!!! Go figure!!!!

VAX should be available to most Canadians by summer 2021, were holding our until we have our shots...just rolling the dice before that time.

We are booked for two weeks November 2021. I'm getting used to cancelling trips now, I hope we can go but if we can't then it will be February 2022. Should be there right now, cancelled, should be on a Disney Cruise Feb 2021, cancelled.

Received my first ever pin code a few weeks ago. But not much better than the advertised general release room discounts. However, still excited that I've landed in the pin code metrics basket and hopeful for much better offers to come. If Fall Free Dining or a similar promotion dropped in January, I'd probably book for a Fall trip provided the deposit remained fully refundable. Vaccines would need to be viable for WDW to reopen many of their restaurants for that offer. Really hope live shows esp FOLK (Festival of Lion King) return by then and vaccines make indoor dining less scary. Very much a wait, watch and hope situation for me and sure for many others.

Edited to add: I really miss planning my WDW vacation. Sigh.

We had Disney trip booked this past August and so had to cancel. Not sure when we will reschedule, but definitely want to go to the parks before our kids are too old (my older one is in grade 10). We've only been to WDW once and was so excited to return.

We will be cancelling our March cruise. We have end of Aug cruise booked. Fingers crossed. If numbers go down with the distribution of a vaccine, and the border opens, etc, then we would still consider going. Really hope things are better. We also have Dec 2021 cruise booked. This is a rebook of our March 2020 cruise, which then moved to Dec 2020, and now next year. Will have to see.

And...need to figure out when to hit the parks.

I’m going to Universal at the end of this month. I wouldn’t lie and say I’m not nervous. I’ll do all I can to stay safe. I’m glad Alaska is keeping middle seats blocked. In addition to mask I’ll have plastic face shield for flight. My friend I’m going with knows someone who works at Universal and says they are constantly sanitizing. And I got my travel insurance that includes Covid.

I have August 2021 WDW plans, but may have to cancel if we still have to quarantine. Going with my daughter and she can’t take 2 extra weeks off work. It seems like the vaccine will be out by then so maybe quarantine rules will change. I’m not booking flights until I know more.

We had Disney trip booked this past August and so had to cancel. Not sure when we will reschedule, but definitely want to go to the parks before our kids are too old (my older one is in grade 10). We've only been to WDW once and was so excited to return.

We will be cancelling our March cruise. We have end of Aug cruise booked. Fingers crossed. If numbers go down with the distribution of a vaccine, and the border opens, etc, then we would still consider going. Really hope things are better. We also have Dec 2021 cruise booked. This is a rebook of our March 2020 cruise, which then moved to Dec 2020, and now next year. Will have to see.

And...need to figure out when to hit the parks.

This is likely the main reason it bothered me so much that we had to cancel our March break trip to WDW this year. It was our last chance to go while both kids are “young”. My youngest is now in high school and I feel as they get older, they won’t be as into Disney. I know it won‘t be the same once my oldest goes off to university in a couple years.

Cancelled our Xmas trip to Aulani last week, but still booked for Aulani for a week in February and over March Break/Easter. Also have a stay booked at VGC for a Disneyland trip in May. I expect they will all be cancelled, and we will be lucky if we get to go anywhere by Xmas 2021.

We pushed our Sep 2020 trip out a year to Sep 2021. Just like this year we’ll evaluate as the date gets closer snd we’ll make the decision we feel is best for our family to either go or push it out again. Disney makes it VERY easy to change vacation bookings!

For now it’s fun to dream and plan. No way I’m going to spend a year ‘worrying’ about things I cannot control. Living life in our modified way and enjoying today, not worrying about a vacation that is months away at the earliest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter