Dec 28-Jan 1 Holiday Foodstravaganza

drenalin'junkie

Now Serving Customer #
Had a few people back out and ended up just 2 couples.We dine a lot together and really are adventurous.Sorry no PIX as the others were not excited about thier meals being displayed.

Jan 1.Breakfast was Dunkin Donuts at 5:30 leaving town heading to Orlando

Lunch,for what is was worth consisted of churros(yum)burgers from Cosmic Rays(eccch)and caramel corn and funnel cakes(yum) from Sleepy Hollow.
Dinner was at Tony's and was good,we sat outside and timed SpectroMagic to coincide with after dinner coffes.
Soup was good,as was the calamari and artichoke dip.
Entrees were prepared well,hot and tasty.Rotini,steak,seafood fra diavolo were all good.
Desserts were pistachio creme brule',gelato and tiramisu.All good but the tiramisu was little weak.Gelatos were rich.

Worth the $ considering the location and quality,will return.
Forgot to mention several friends who knew my chocoholism gave me really good chocolate for Christmas 3.5 pounds worth.We ate 1/2 a pound a day walking around or in lines

Day 2 Dec 29th

Breakfast was dark chocolate:cool1: pancakes I fixed in the room.

Lunch was Tangierine Cafe for shwarma and wrap platters and a full plate of baklava given by a resort guest picking up take-home lunch who could not carry it all.Food was excellent and thanks go out to our benefactor for the baklava as it was delicious.

Dinner was San Angel Inn.Food was mediorcre,service OK ,atmosphere great but tight.
We tried the cerviche(interesting take on it)and the sopa azteca and tortilla soup all good.
Entrees were less spectacular.
Desserts were similar to Publix take-out

Day 3

Breakfast was French Toast I fixed in the room.

Lunch was at Flame tree and we are never disappointed.

Dinner was out of MickeyVille at Landry's.The best chain seafood around in my opinion.We were filled to the eyes.

Day 4 Dec 31 D-Day

Dinner was waffles I fixed in the room(a pattern appearing?)

Lunch was @ Coral Reef.I am happy to report the lobster bisque is still wonderful making my top 10.Crab claws were smaller but yummy.Also tasted the chowder,good.The braised beef,tough.The shrimp cocktail looked good but I was waiting for dessert(lunch dessert???)
I had the chocolate wave(woohoo)the upside down cake and cheesecake were also awesome

Dinner was hands down my best culinary experience so far
We had a 5:45 at Victoria and Albert's

Courses tried were
1st course Amuse Bouche consisted of lobster in a crepe topped with caviar and peppery herb.2 of us had ordered a luxury item,white truffles which we shared with the other 2 on this.Superb

2nd course was Long Island duck with Tuscan Melon,grains of paradise and minus eight vinegar again with the truffles.
One of others had Fennel seared Colorado Buffalo Tenderloin with radishes and Satsuma tanderine vinaigrette.

3rd course was another luxury item for me.
Pan roasted foie gras and Fujiapple tart with Mostarda de cremona.Blissful
The others had either Quail with roasted tomato-fig jam and turnip kraut or
Minnesota Elk with potato gnocchi and veal sweetbreads.

4th course we all had the Maine diver scallop with salsify and cauliflower,saffron emulsion.Yummy

5th course was a duet of prime Angus beef and short ribs.The rib meat was stuffed into a potato to resemble osso buco.Fabuloso
The others had Kurobota pork tenderloin and belly with Florida corn and Cipollini onions or
Poulet Rouge with wild mushrooms(chantarelles)ragout and truffled egg(wife asked for and received the recipe)

6th course was the cheese.Comte Saint Antoine,Fourme de Ambert and Pierre Robert(a blue,a white like brie,a hard yellow like romano)with fig and nuts,tupelo honey.Extravagant

Day 4 part2

Dessserts sampled were Hawaiian Kona Chocolate souffle(Heaven)
Pyramid of Tanzanie dark chocolate mousse.
Poached pear with Cassis mouse and spiced cake.

After the trademark coffee was served we were given roses for the ladies and another small round of chocolate,gelees and cookies.

We had 3 servers in our dining room with only 10 guests,service was impeccable.

After dinner we changed and srolled back to Epcot for New Years fireworks and more baklava if you can believe it.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

THanx.

Day 5 Jan 1
Breakfast of waffles I fixed in the room

Late lunch at Mama Melrose(underserving of mixed reviews to me)
Apps were the awesome caprino cheese:thumbsup2 ,calamari(good)soup of the day was great with spicy sausage at the bottom.

Entrees were the 4 cheese flatbread,spaghetti fra diavolo and eggplant Napoleon.All were good.
Desserts were warm chocolate truffle cake:banana: (wheee)the tiramisu,the honey hazelnut ricotta cheesecake and gelatos.All were very nice and once again the location considered we thought very fair in price.

Sit down meals were covered where possible with DDE card which paid for itself in 2 meals.The only bust was San Angel,all the others we'd repeat if not for so many other nice places planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter