December 1, 2012 - Fantasy Eastern to San Juan!!!

Happy Sunday all. I had a most wonderful weekend. We traveled Detroit-way for a surprise retirement party that was awesome, spent time with some of our cruising friends and then went to the Henry Ford Museum this morning to see the Titanic exhibit. Very interesting - very. I am blown away how well some items survived being on the sea floor for so long - could see writing on postcards, there was a pair of eyeglasses that looked unscathed. They even had a gentlemen's suit that looked pretty good. Then we wandered around and looked at the rest of what was in the museum as well. Hard and this old back and knees but the 'high' from seeing good friends made it go away.

Now I need to unpack and get myself together for the week.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!

Happy Tuesday! One more thing marked off the checklist - I managed to snag a one bedroom at Kadani for the two nights before the cruise yesterday :banana: :banana:! Now to decide if I want to spend Friday at Epcot or just exploring the resort. LOVE those sorts of decisions!

Have a great week!

Happy Tuesday! One more thing marked off the checklist - I managed to snag a one bedroom at Kadani for the two nights before the cruise yesterday :banana: :banana:! Now to decide if I want to spend Friday at Epcot or just exploring the resort. LOVE those sorts of decisions!

Have a great week!

Hi!

We got a one bedroom savanna view at the jumbo house for before the cruise. I called yesterday to. I also wait listed for the club level there. We stayed at the
Club level last cruise was very nice.

It is all starting to come together. Now if southwest would come out with te air all would be good.

Have a good day

:surfweb:

Hi!

We got a one bedroom savanna view at the jumbo house for before the cruise. I called yesterday to. I also wait listed for the club level there. We stayed at the
Club level last cruise was very nice.

It is all starting to come together. Now if southwest would come out with te air all would be good.

Have a good day

We have never stayed at AK before so it will be interesting - we also have a savannah view. My preference would have been Wilderness Lodge but there was no availability. BW was open but not my fav by a long shot. BC had one night but not the other so that was knocked out as well since I had no desire to move. Now to decide what we are going to do on Friday...

We have never stayed at AK before so it will be interesting - we also have a savannah view. My preference would have been Wilderness Lodge but there was no availability. BW was open but not my fav by a long shot. BC had one night but not the other so that was knocked out as well since I had no desire to move. Now to decide what we are going to do on Friday...

We own at both AKV and VWL so we are staying at AKV Jambo for 3 nights before the cruise and VWL for 4 nights after the cruise. Of course, we also own at BW (for Food and Wine trips in October.) We own at VWL just to be sure we can always stay there in December as you have to book right at 11 months to get it. It is very popular in Dec due to the decorations.

Now that we have our niece with us I am planning on renting a car so we won't be on the Disney bus to the port. This was going to be the first cruise that I tried Disney transportation but we need a car with Haley coming with us. We have the Segway tour the morning of the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

You will love AKV, of course. I like the villas better at Kidani but I like the atmosphere better at Jambo. The savannas are good at both and only really make a difference if you have favorite animals that are only at one or the other. We love the red river hogs and our last stay at Kidani we had a villa that overlooked their morning route. About 7 am every day there was a red river hog parade past our villa- perfect! You'll love AKV if you like VWL. But the lobby is also so much better at Jambo than at Kidani, that's another reason we prefer Jambo when it is just DH and me traveling. With a large group, we book Kidani for the extra bathroom.

Suggestion for the group-

On at least one previous DCL cruise we were on, there was a group set up for the kids on the cruise to post and meet each other in advance. I think it was done on the DIS for that cruise but it could also be done in Facebook since I think most kids are on Facebook these days. My suggestion would be a private group on FB so that the kids could talk freely and parents not have to worry about them.

I've never set up a FB group before but would be happy to set this one up and approve DIS parents (who may want to watch their kids in the group) and kids traveling on this cruise with us.

The first member would be Haley, my (14 year 10 month at the time of the cruise) niece. I told her I was going to try to set something up so she could meet other kids before the cruise and she liked that idea.

Any interest in this idea, parents? Should it be a thread on the DIS or a Facebook group?

Still checking to see if anyone has kids on this cruise who would be interested in conversing with other kids before the cruise...

:woohoo::yay: now that sounds so good. 1st sight of the ship.:yay::woohoo:

Doesn't it though? :hyper:

This will be our 7th DCL cruise so the excitement of seeing the Magic and Wonder has worn off as we know the ships so well. This will be our first cruise on either the Dream or the Fantasy so I am excited just to see the ship! It will be fun to explore to discover all the new things and I"m looking forward to the new shows and the new restaurants, too!

We own at both AKV and VWL so we are staying at AKV Jambo for 3 nights before the cruise and VWL for 4 nights after the cruise. Of course, we also own at BW (for Food and Wine trips in October.) We own at VWL just to be sure we can always stay there in December as you have to book right at 11 months to get it. It is very popular in Dec due to the decorations.

Now that we have our niece with us I am planning on renting a car so we won't be on the Disney bus to the port. This was going to be the first cruise that I tried Disney transportation but we need a car with Haley coming with us. We have the Segway tour the morning of the cruise in Cape Canaveral.

You will love AKV, of course. I like the villas better at Kidani but I like the atmosphere better at Jambo. The savannas are good at both and only really make a difference if you have favorite animals that are only at one or the other. We love the red river hogs and our last stay at Kidani we had a villa that overlooked their morning route. About 7 am every day there was a red river hog parade past our villa- perfect! You'll love AKV if you like VWL. But the lobby is also so much better at Jambo than at Kidani, that's another reason we prefer Jambo when it is just DH and me traveling. With a large group, we book Kidani for the extra bathroom.

We own at OKW (since '93) and our add-on was for SSR. I decided before that I would like to try each of the resorts just to see what they were like. We stayed at WL when we went last October and I loved the location. As I said, been there, done that for BWV, that was just like a huge hotel (ummm are they not really anyway??) but it was nice being close to the Epcot action. We arrive around 6:00 (at MCO) on Thursday so if we opt to do the resort exploring, it would give us all day on Friday to just play - and I am sure there is enough to do and see for that. Could be she just made up her mind.

we dont own at akv but this will be our 2nd time there. here is a picture of what we saw from our savanna view. i love going on the balcony in the morning and watching the animals.

533442_3384468644686_1058587329_4513038_424318632_n.jpg

AK is my favourite Disney Resort. That said, I think this time we'll be spending the night at the Royal Pacific down the road.

Southwest airline schedules opens up dates thru 2 Jan 2013 on Monday 4 Jun 2012................

i am thinking they may open in May. on Air Tran (owned by southwest) they say may or june. so i have my fingers crosed thst it will br may. :)

We also snagged our room for the night before the cruise yesterday - we switched from a Value Studio at AKV over to a Lake View at BLT. This will be our first trip at BLT, and since A) we only plan on going to MK (for MVMCP) this trip, and B) BLT in general (size of rooms, decor) hasn't really appealed to us and has been rather offputting for longer trips, we decided that this was the best time to give it a shot - it's just 1 night! :) I'm pretty excited to be able to walk up to the MK turnstiles!

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 30 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to checking out the map on the terminal floor.

Happy Saturday, everyone! It is 30 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to checking out the map on the terminal floor.

Thanks for posting this every week! I so look forward to Saturdays and seeing it.:cool1: I can't wait to see the ship in person and not in pictures! And we get to see it all decorated for the holidays.:woohoo::woohoo:

Happy to do it. I have a whiteboard at work where I keep a countdown to my vacations.

To funny! I thought i was the only one thst did yptaht. :)I have one of those big desk calanders at work that I keep mine on. It gettes better and better looking!:woohoo::dance3:

Happy to do it. I have a whiteboard at work where I keep a countdown to my vacations.

To funny! I thought i was the only one thst did yptaht. :)I have one of those big desk calanders at work that I keep mine on. It gettes better and better looking!:woohoo::dance3:

I keep a calendar on my refrigerator and our countdowns are on it. Our Wonder trip and this are 10 weeks apart so it is pretty easy to keep track of.

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend! DH is off to Boy Scout camp getting ready for summer camp (he runs the trading post) so just the dogs and me.

Take care!

When we told our niece about this cruise a couple weeks ago, she counted the days on the calendar and came up with "more than 200, that's too long to wait." She is really so excited! And not use to the Disney time frame of booking cruises years in advance!

I set up countdowns on my computer at work and on my home laptop for all my vacations... I also put a photo of the Fantasy on my desktop at work so that the countdown is in the corner... needless to say... I spend a few minutes everyday staring at my screen!!! :surfweb:

M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter