December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

Wow! I can believe that the cruise is so close. I booked it almost 2 years ago and now it is right around the corner.

Still haven't gotten my cruise docs.

Nicki

Is it just me or are we all just getting a little crazy here at the end?
I agree with Shari- Pixie dust and prayers for all of you (I feel really petty now- I can't design a magnet when everyone else is having real issues?!)

I hope everyone gets their documents. I have never used disney transportation like we are this time. We are not leaving from the Poly though. We are going back to the airport and getting our friend off and leaving from there. I dont know what time we are leaving from there. I am going to make sure we have everything straight before we leave. I dont want to be scurrying around the morning of. I dont know if it will make yall feel any better but back in June when we went on our cruise (carnival) with our friends we didnt have any documents. When we got to the airport and was getting on their bus for transportation to the port they looked up our reservation and gave us luggage tags. I didnt know to be nervous at that point but the color of your tags told what deck you were on with carnival. It all worked out. I dont know how disney does it. Hopefully they could at least have it straight before the trip.

Also, William got our heat going at 10:30. It was the ignitor(?). We have an old house that was turned into three apts. We are living in what was two of the apts. William stole the part that was not working off the third unit which was not needed. Confusing but we were toasty by 11:00. I Love Love Love my man. Hes the greatest.

Hi everyone! When we hadn't received our cruise docs by Wednesday, I called our TA to let her know since we leave this Monday, 12/4 (Mike has graciously agreed to do all my laundry today as I'm off for a haircut, tanning, and finally a pedicure -- tough day for me!). Anyway, I digress .... my TA said that Disney ships the docs directly to their guests. Ours didn't go through my TA. She called Disney and got a tracking number. I wonder why Disney ships to some TAs and not to others?

Morning everyone! Hope the morning is starting out well for everyone. I'm running late already - have tons of errands to do before I work tonight.

Ok - I have comeup with a dilema on the cruise meet at 3pm - any chance we can go back to the original thought of meeting at/after the sail away celebration? I saw a recent Navigator that shows a ship tour that starts at 2pm and runs for 2 hours that I would love to do. Any thoughts from anyone else??

Tomorrow will bring TONS of laundry so that I can get my clothes together for the cruise....YEAH 1 week from tomorrow and we're on the ship! I can't believe we are finally in the single digit countdown.

Did we ever get a master list together as to who is staying where? If so, can it be pm'd to me please?

Prayers, :grouphug: and pixiedust: to everyone who needs it.
Hope you have a good morning.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
It is 9:00 here and we just got home to NO HEAT!!!!! It is only 30 degrees which sounds like a heat wave compared to yalls weather. I am typing with one finger (while my wonderful husband tries to figure out whats going on) all bundled up under the covers. We had new HVAC put in last year. We may be at a hotel soon. I am freeeeeeeeezing!

Been there, been without heat for several days with below zero weather. Had to order a part for the furnace.

A fireplace is good, as are tarps and duct tape to create a small room.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: I sure hope that helps Kristen and Neal with docs, Nanc with tags and dog food, Ian and Shawn with some good weather and Andrea with door decor (is that right?) Rina - I know you needed some but cant remember why, lets say for the party.

If I don't get the docs, no problem. They won't keep us off of the ship pirate:

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
I bought magnets. Memphis related of course. Not creative enough to make them. It sounds like some people made theirs which will be cool and I cant wait to see them.

I haven't done ours yet. I'm getting worried :surfweb:

Here's my wreath. I thought I'd take a picture before I packed it.

100_0771.jpg

SILLYANDI said:
Here's my wreath. I thought I'd take a picture before I packed it.

100_0771.jpg

:worship:
Wow! You are really, really talented! That is beautiful!!!!!!!

Update in luggage tags drama:
I made my own - they are the bomb. They are laminated hanging tags but the same color and theme as yours. I am hoping that they will at least alert the kids at DME to grab our bags for us. Joe and I will scurry to the DME desk right after we get off the plane and not worry about what happens after that.
Our DCL docs did indeed go to Nanci not me. She forwarded them to AKL and they should be there nlt Monday.

Joe and I are finishing up our last day of duties. It was SO nice to finally be done at work yesterday. This week has been super busy.
Last night when I was driving home I heard the "y'all ready for this?" song that they play at the beginning of sporting events. I don't usually listen to that station and certainly not that kind of music but man, did it fit or what???? I was seriously wound up by the time I got home. Joe was walking the house with the dog sitter and they both thought I was nuts because I was so bouncy.

We are off to see the Mouse tomorrow. I won't check the boards until we get home so if you all change anything - I will still be at the big swanky suite at 3 - leave me a note on the fish or something.

Blessings and best wishes to you all for good travel weather. We'll see you on board!!!
Nanc & Joe

Got my docs today!:cool1: No DME tags, but I will live!

I got the kids exchange stuff done today, but no magnets yet...getting worried that they won't be done.

Tomorrow is packing day! We are watching the Huskers play in the Big 12 championship and just watched USC get beat - so it is a good night so far, lol!

hi all, here are my updates,

ok for the meet, we will need another time other then 3, i forgot the kids will be at the pools, at that time.

Ok, so many of you were doing bags, i felt bad cuz i only got the kids 1 thing each so i went to michaels and brought another thing so each child will have two, then i got some personal stuff for my girls.

I could not find magnets for the fridge for the adults, i have a total of 8 families participating for the adult token exchange, so i have a little something, you cannot stick it on the fridge but you can look at it and think of us in illinois, i hope you like them.

I am so tired, i have two last papers to turn in then the 2nd masters degree is done, and the doctorate begins in march-help me please.

ok so my mom got her hair done today, and i also cashed in my bucket of change we had only 180.00 in change, normally we have about 250.00 each. But we have been dipping into it here and there.

Ok, that is it i am soooooooooooooooo tired.

mishoe01 said:
Morning everyone! Hope the morning is starting out well for everyone. I'm running late already - have tons of errands to do before I work tonight.

Ok - I have comeup with a dilema on the cruise meet at 3pm - any chance we can go back to the original thought of meeting at/after the sail away celebration? I saw a recent Navigator that shows a ship tour that starts at 2pm and runs for 2 hours that I would love to do. Any thoughts from anyone else??

I'm open to anything, but to be honest I'm not sure we can make it at 3pm either. I have afeeling the kids are not gonna want to be dragged out of the pool or whatever we are doing at that time. It might just be me there.

BabyBird said:
Update in luggage tags drama:
I made my own - they are the bomb. They are laminated hanging tags but the same color and theme as yours. I am hoping that they will at least alert the kids at DME to grab our bags for us. Joe and I will scurry to the DME desk right after we get off the plane and not worry about what happens after that.
Our DCL docs did indeed go to Nanci not me. She forwarded them to AKL and they should be there nlt Monday.

Joe and I are finishing up our last day of duties. It was SO nice to finally be done at work yesterday. This week has been super busy.
Last night when I was driving home I heard the "y'all ready for this?" song that they play at the beginning of sporting events. I don't usually listen to that station and certainly not that kind of music but man, did it fit or what???? I was seriously wound up by the time I got home. Joe was walking the house with the dog sitter and they both thought I was nuts because I was so bouncy.

We are off to see the Mouse tomorrow. I won't check the boards until we get home so if you all change anything - I will still be at the big swanky suite at 3 - leave me a note on the fish or something.

Blessings and best wishes to you all for good travel weather. We'll see you on board!!!
Nanc & Joe

Nanc- Happy travelling, hope everything goes smoothly and is uneventful. Stay Safe and we look forward to meeting up with you (I'll be sure to leave you fish mail if anything chances between now and when I leave on the 6th). Where are you staying? Maybe I can just call and leave a message for you at your hotel?

SILLYANDI said:
I'm open to anything, but to be honest I'm not sure we can make it at 3pm either. I have afeeling the kids are not gonna want to be dragged out of the pool or whatever we are doing at that time. It might just be me there.

you know what, i had not thought about that, i know my girls will not want to leave the pool either, at that time, so then yes, we will need to change the time, what time is the drill, when the kids will need to get out of the pool.

ktpool said:
Got my docs today!:cool1: No DME tags, but I will live!

I got the kids exchange stuff done today, but no magnets yet...getting worried that they won't be done.

Tomorrow is packing day! We are watching the Huskers play in the Big 12 championship and just watched USC get beat - so it is a good night so far, lol!

Yeah! Glad something is finally going right! Did you get your room request granted for Poly? I was afraid to be too specific when I asked for a room. I only asked that it not be too far from transportation.

My neighbor was crying in the driveway when I left for work because of the SC game! We finished decorating the house and I am 3/4 done with packing tomorrow will be the big day for us too.

HappyLawyer said:
you know what, i had not thought about that, i know my girls will not want to leave the pool either, at that time, so then yes, we will need to change the time, what time is the drill, when the kids will need to get out of the pool.

The drill is at 4PM and is supposed to last about 15 minutes. The sailaway party starts immediately after that. Maybe the sailaway party would be a better idea? Then you wouldn't have to worry about tidying up or anything too.

SILLYANDI said:
The drill is at 4PM and is supposed to last about 15 minutes. The sailaway party starts immediately after that. Maybe the sailaway party would be a better idea? Then you wouldn't have to worry about tidying up or anything too.

or we could meet up right after the sail away party for 10-15 mins or so, i am reall thinking about giving out the gifts to the kids then, i am already tired with the thought of delivering them.-lol

SILLYANDI said:
Yeah! Glad something is finally going right! Did you get your room request granted for Poly? I was afraid to be too specific when I asked for a room. I only asked that it not be too far from transportation.

My neighbor was crying in the driveway when I left for work because of the SC game! We finished decorating the house and I am 3/4 done with packing tomorrow will be the big day for us too.

Andrea,
I have not called yet! I am afraid to. My mom has a special request, she has to have bedding not washed in detergent (I know, yuck!), but only sanitized in hot water. She breaks out in huge hives otherwise! So I would think that they will assign our rooms and we will have to stick with them, right? So I should be as specific as I can. TOO MUCH PRESSURE>>>>>>>>GOING TO EXPLODE:crazy: :crazy:

I did get some really cute dog tags (the metal ones) from Wal-Mart today and had them engraved with each kid's name, parent and cell phone. I figured we can tie them to their shoelaces or put them on a necklace. Hopefully we won't need them, but I am nervous about keeping track of 6 kids under the age of 10.

I am also kind of afraid to check all of our reservations. There was another thread that said you should just show up with your reservation number and play dumb if there is any mistakes. I think that is good advice.

:-))

ktpool said:
Andrea,
I have not called yet! I am afraid to. My mom has a special request, she has to have bedding not washed in detergent (I know, yuck!), but only sanitized in hot water. She breaks out in huge hives otherwise! So I would think that they will assign our rooms and we will have to stick with them, right? So I should be as specific as I can. TOO MUCH PRESSURE>>>>>>>>GOING TO EXPLODE:crazy: :crazy:

I did get some really cute dog tags (the metal ones) from Wal-Mart today and had them engraved with each kid's name, parent and cell phone. I figured we can tie them to their shoelaces or put them on a necklace. Hopefully we won't need them, but I am nervous about keeping track of 6 kids under the age of 10.

I am also kind of afraid to check all of our reservations. There was another thread that said you should just show up with your reservation number and play dumb if there is any mistakes. I think that is good advice.

:-))
We think alike. I was really afraid to be specific with the room too, but the Cm was very friendly so I fit it into the conversation that I have a gaggle of kids and we really don't like walking-a room close to transportation would really make my day :thumbsup2

I'm gonna stop at Wal Mart on the way home tonight and get dog tags-great idea!
I like the reservation idea too-I don't have time to call and confirm-and I want my look of disappointment at the door to be genuine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter