December 1st?

Jaina

Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long, VMK story.
The parks open at 10 am Nov 28, 29, and 30, then Dec 1 it opens at 8 am. Then the next day (Friday) opening is 9 am. Is something weird going on Thursday the 1st?

I would almost be inclined say the anaomoly is with the Friday hours. Based on WDW info's archived calendar, they opened at 8 am on Thu-Sun in early December last year.

That's our first day as well, so I'm very curious. We'll be there 8am ready to hit up Fantasyland with our three littles!

Okay, so WHY, opening at 8 am, are they not showing Paint the Night that night? I am dying! The only days it's not showing during those several weeks are the only 4 days we're going to be there! It's not right, I tell you...

Okay, so WHY, opening at 8 am, are they not showing Paint the Night that night? I am dying! The only days it's not showing during those several weeks are the only 4 days we're going to be there! It's not right, I tell you...

Ouch. That would be hard to swallow.

Hmmm...I hadn't noticed but now I'm curious. We will be there too. Following along for clarification.

Following as well... We're flying in Dec 1 and weren't planning to head to the parks right off, but considering it. I'm not familiar with how it works when they film the parade. But could one parade time listed mean it's THE one? Just wildly speculating haha

Following as well... We're flying in Dec 1 and weren't planning to head to the parks right off, but considering it. I'm not familiar with how it works when they film the parade. But could one parade time listed mean it's THE one? Just wildly speculating haha
There is only one parade time the whole 4 days we're there - 4:15.

The following week, Thursday the 8th and Friday the 9th has the same hours. 8am on Thursday and 9 am on Friday. Weird.

So, my husband made me e-mail guest services and express my frustration with the Paint the Night schedule being posted so late, and asking about the weird opening time Thursday vs. Friday. This morning they called and chatted with me (saying they were sorry about the late schedule postings, and professing to post things as soon as they know) and said the reason it opens early on Thursdays for a couple weeks but later on Friday is because it closes earlier Thursday night and is open much later Friday. So they're just adding an extra hour to the beginning because they know it's a busy time of year? Yet no extra entertainment offerings... She did tell me about rope drop strategy and how to make the most of our days by getting there first thing and doing all the rides that are most important to us. :P So, mystery solved. Unexciting answer, but at least there's not an event driving up extra crowds.

So, my husband made me e-mail guest services and express my frustration with the Paint the Night schedule being posted so late, and asking about the weird opening time Thursday vs. Friday. This morning they called and chatted with me (saying they were sorry about the late schedule postings, and professing to post things as soon as they know) and said the reason it opens early on Thursdays for a couple weeks but later on Friday is because it closes earlier Thursday night and is open much later Friday. So they're just adding an extra hour to the beginning because they know it's a busy time of year? Yet no extra entertainment offerings... She did tell me about rope drop strategy and how to make the most of our days by getting there first thing and doing all the rides that are most important to us. :P So, mystery solved. Unexciting answer, but at least there's not an event driving up extra crowds.

Their reasoning doesn't explain why they're opening earlier on the 8th. Still open until midnight that day

Their reasoning doesn't explain why they're opening earlier on the 8th. Still open until midnight that day
Ha. Didn't ask about the next week, since we won't be there. I figured it was more of a "sorry you're sad, we care about your experience, but obviously can't change anything just for you" call. :)

I'm not familiar with how it works when they film the parade. But could one parade time listed mean it's THE one? Just wildly speculating haha
They do not list the times for the Parade when it is being filmed because it is not just a we are going to record this parade. It is stop, start, stop, re-start for sections they want to film. It could be hours of them filming a couple minutes of finished film. Rumors are saying they are recording Nov 5th & 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter