December 2008 Code Watch

Wendy, as far as I know you'll need the number now. At least my TA (not AAA) needed it to be able to book for me. You'll need to show the card at check in if asked, allthough some have posted they weren't asked.

If I call and try to book with a AAA discount, do I have to have a number now, or at check in? I am thinking about getting a membership if it will save me money, but how long will it take to get membership stuff, etc? Can I just call and book it anyway, and just make sure I have a card or whatever at checkin?

I had to give my number to Disney when I made my reservation.

You do have to give your number at the time you make the ressie, but I have never been asked to show it at check-in, not to say it won't happen next time.

Suzanne

My family and I are heading to Disney 12\4 through 12\13 2008. We are staying at WL in a woodsview BB room. Would love courtyard, but trying to save a little money. :thumbsup2

So, the rooms for WL in Dec. 2008 finally opened up. I called AAA to see if they had anything with a good rate. Talked to a TA, gave her all my information and she went off to check. She called back and said that I got everything I wanted at a great price. I verified 3 times that the reservation included a bunk bed room and 10 day hopper passes - yes, yes, yes. I'm thinking woo hoo! :banana:

So I'm a bit of a control freak and I hate trusting anyone to those things I could do on my own and I waited for the paperwork to show up. The paperwork got here and it said 9 days and the room type was woods view RQ bunkbeds. So I called. She said she would check on the room type because now she wasn't sure. I actually asked her 3 times when we made the original reservation with her so I was a little surprised to find out it was not a type-O. :confused: She then calls me back and says there are no bunkbed rooms available at all and she actually booked me a regualar woodsview room. I said that's not what you told me last week and she just said, "oh well". :confused3 I told her there are rooms available and went up to disney.com while she was on the phone with me. I told her I was looking at those rooms right now. She hung up with me and she called again and called me back to tell me there were just no bunkbed rooms with AAA discounts. I was annoyed!! :mad: I asked if there would be more rooms with AAA and she said unlikely. I asked her if I could apply a Disney Visa code through her if one should come out for that time frame and she said no. I think she is incorrect, but I couldn't see the use of going through her any longer so I just let it go. I cancelled my res. with her and now have one direct through Disney. Now my trip is back to the original cost and I'm hoping for a code down the line. I actually feel better doing it myself since I have had a very hard time finding a travel agent that pays attention to detail. I'm glad I re-checked everything. :rolleyes:

You must have booked through our AAA agent.:mad: I swear I need to just get a job there since I do all the work myself! I checked through our office last week for next Dec. 14-19 and got $225 quoted room only ressie, standard. HELLO, that's rack rate! Called Disney direct and was told what the discount would be for that time frame; the CM said that the AAA codes were out, the computer just doens't do the math on them until after Jan. 1. If we do indeed book WL, I'm with you and booking through Disney, room only unless a visa code comes out.

My dates are 12-26/1-04! I called Disney today to update my trip with the AAA discount. The CM told me there are no discounts for AAA or pin codes at all during this time. Is this true. Or should I call back and ask a different CM?

i want to plan another trip the 2nd week of december, but it looks like all stars music is all filled up. do you think that they will have any openings in the future?????

amanda

You must have booked through our AAA agent.:mad: I swear I need to just get a job there since I do all the work myself! I checked through our office last week for next Dec. 14-19 and got $225 quoted room only ressie, standard. HELLO, that's rack rate! Called Disney direct and was told what the discount would be for that time frame; the CM said that the AAA codes were out, the computer just doens't do the math on them until after Jan. 1. If we do indeed book WL, I'm with you and booking through Disney, room only unless a visa code comes out.

The AAA discounts are already available, I have them for 2 trips in 2008. You definitely need to contact another AAA agent or book it yourself. My agent has improved her ways since I booked my first trip with her 2 years ago and I also referred another Dis'er to her and she is helping her. I still check behind her to make sure she has everything right. Actually, I booked everything and then had the ressie given to AAA so everything just crossed over, exactly as I had made it. Good Luck!!

My dates are 12-26/1-04! I called Disney today to update my trip with the AAA discount. The CM told me there are no discounts for AAA or pin codes at all during this time. Is this true. Or should I call back and ask a different CM?

Right now there may not be, but I would keep calling until one became available.

i want to plan another trip the 2nd week of december, but it looks like all stars music is all filled up. do you think that they will have any openings in the future?????

amanda

Keep trying more blocks of rooms may open up all along and people cancel and open up those already booked rooms.

Suzanne princess:

My family and I are heading to Disney 12\4 through 12\13 2008. We are staying at WL in a woodsview BB room. Would love courtyard, but trying to save a little money. :thumbsup2

So, the rooms for WL in Dec. 2008 finally opened up. I called AAA to see if they had anything with a good rate. Talked to a TA, gave her all my information and she went off to check. She called back and said that I got everything I wanted at a great price. I verified 3 times that the reservation included a bunk bed room and 10 day hopper passes - yes, yes, yes. I'm thinking woo hoo! :banana:

So I'm a bit of a control freak and I hate trusting anyone to those things I could do on my own and I waited for the paperwork to show up. The paperwork got here and it said 9 days and the room type was woods view RQ bunkbeds. So I called. She said she would check on the room type because now she wasn't sure. I actually asked her 3 times when we made the original reservation with her so I was a little surprised to find out it was not a type-O. :confused: She then calls me back and says there are no bunkbed rooms available at all and she actually booked me a regualar woodsview room. I said that's not what you told me last week and she just said, "oh well". :confused3 I told her there are rooms available and went up to disney.com while she was on the phone with me. I told her I was looking at those rooms right now. She hung up with me and she called again and called me back to tell me there were just no bunkbed rooms with AAA discounts. I was annoyed!! :mad: I asked if there would be more rooms with AAA and she said unlikely. I asked her if I could apply a Disney Visa code through her if one should come out for that time frame and she said no. I think she is incorrect, but I couldn't see the use of going through her any longer so I just let it go. I cancelled my res. with her and now have one direct through Disney. Now my trip is back to the original cost and I'm hoping for a code down the line. I actually feel better doing it myself since I have had a very hard time finding a travel agent that pays attention to detail. I'm glad I re-checked everything. :rolleyes:

The AAA agent can apply the code Visa code if one comes out, but from past experience (2006 & 2007) the AAA rate has been better for that time of year, but you never know.

I didn't have that bad of an experience with my AAA agent, but she has learned alot in the last 2 years, mostly from me. :rotfl:

Suzanne princess:

My dates are 12-26/1-04 ...The CM told me there are no discounts for AAA or pin codes at all during this time.

May indeed be true, because part of your trip falls within 2009. I believe that the 2009 AAA room rate & availability wouldn't be expected to be released until sometime around August of 2008.

What you might want to try is a 'split' reservation, or simply adding days to your ressie later on. Check now for availability of AAA rate (& other discounts) for the dates of your planned trip that fall within Dec. 2008. Then add the 4 additional days (Jan. 2009) later, after the 2009 rates have been released.

Just a though.

Discounts are very rare over the holiday period. If anybody gets a code/discount for this time period they are very lucky.

May indeed be true, because part of your trip falls within 2009. I believe that the 2009 AAA room rate & availability wouldn't be expected to be released until sometime around August of 2008.

What you might want to try is a 'split' reservation, or simply adding days to your ressie later on. Check now for availability of AAA rate (& other discounts) for the dates of your planned trip that fall within Dec. 2008. Then add the 4 additional days (Jan. 2009) later, after the 2009 rates have been released.

Just a though.

Thanks thats good idea!! I already have a split resse. im staying at ASMU from the 26 untill the 1 and WL till we leave. Ill try to call and get the AAA for the 08 part!!

Well my friend and I finally went to book our Dec 2008 Disney trip at our local AAA agency and guess what. She said the system was down and wouldn't be up again till Monday. First she tried the computer, than she called...and that's what she told us. So we left? :confused3 :faint:

Well my friend and I finally went to book our Dec 2008 Disney trip at our local AAA agency and guess what. She said the system was down and wouldn't be up again till Monday. First she tried the computer, than she called...and that's what she told us. So we left? :confused3 :faint:

Well that is no good. Here's hoping that you get the resort/room that you want.

I requested quotes from a few travel agents on Tuesday and Wednesday. I received three emails late Wednesday and on Thursday stating that the Disney computers were down and probably wouldn't be up until today.

Well thanks, John's Mom and Lifelong Dreamer....you made me feel much better! :goodvibes We are going to try again this week...I will let you know how it goes! ;)

are the only codes for dec from aaa
are there any for the public... per say
or are the best ones with aaa
i went in may 2007
and would love to try for one in dec
and upgrade to a mod instead of value (bus service sucks)

are the only codes for dec from aaa
are there any for the public...

AAA, and PIN codes that some have received, are the only Dec. 2008 discounted rates I've seen thus far.

Public codes for December historically tend to make their appearance c. August of that year. So be watching closely for special offers/discounts--that are available to the general public--to start appearing towards the end of Summer, 2008. ;)

can i book for dec 2008 and then change res dates for 2009
when the rates come available?

I called AAA yesterday and recieved a quote for our December 6-13, 2008 trip to the Poly. They were able to beat any other quote I received by $400+. My travel agent I usually use, said she could only get me the AAA rate on room only reservations, no packages. AAA quoted me on the exact package that I wanted. I am going to reserve with them as they also look to see if there are other discounts that come along. It is worth the AAA membership, plus we use them for planning road trips all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter