**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH yeah, just booked a vacation at Wilderness Lodge starting Dec. 2! I was going to skip the dining plan, but had a pin on my account that gave me a nice discount, so went ahead and booked it. I've never done the dining plan, hope it works out for us.

Now for the long wait!

:banana:I am so exctied the the hours are posted, and that all of you are super planners like me! Let the spreadsheets flow!:cool1::dance3::cheer2:

Since we are at the 7 month mark, I changed my DVC reservation. Our dates are the same Dec 8 (my birthday) to Dec 15, staying at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village.

Tentatively we are planning the Candlelight Processional on Dec 10 and MVMCP on Dec 11. Anyone else?

:banana:I am so exctied the the hours are posted, and that all of you are super planners like me! Let the spreadsheets flow!:cool1::dance3::cheer2:

I tried the spreadsheet thing last trip. Doesn't work for me. I prefer the scattered post-it notes all over my desk. There is something soothing to the organized chaos. Here is my Candlelight Processional wishlist for places to have our combo meal. Here is the list of dates of possible MVMCP nights. Here is the list of the different prices for the different airlines. Etc...

Granted, only myself and an Egyptologist will be able to read them the closer we get to our vaca date. But it's my way.

Granted, only myself and an Egyptologist will be able to read them the closer we get to our vaca date. But it's my way.

No wonder you were able to keep the previous trip a surprise from your partner! :rotfl:

Could you please update us on the roll call... we are now at the BWV and waitlisted for BLT..... Dec 9-15 Thank you oh so much!!!:santa:

Also, if anyone is willing to share there spreadsheet format to help me with mine... I would appreciate it. :goodvibes

Could you please update us on the roll call... we are now at the BWV and waitlisted for BLT..... Dec 9-15 Thank you oh so much!!!:santa:

Also, if anyone is willing to share there spreadsheet format to help me with mine... I would appreciate it. :goodvibes

Which one? I got like 7 different ones. :rotfl:

Can you update me please? We are arriving on Dec 16th and staying at CSR. I told the phone CM today that I was done making changes. He laughed and said ma'am, you still have 7 months. :lmao:

Just to give everyone a heads up. I PM'd the moderator who has been starting most of the "MONTH 2012 Cancelled ADR" threads for the past, couple of years, asking if/when (s)he would start a thread for Dec 2012. I'll keep you updated.

I'm excited about the new calendar. Thanks for posting! Had to clear out my cookies before it would let me see it!

Mostly I'm grateful there are no morning EMH's in the parks we chose on the days we had planned on having a birthday lunch in a particular park, so my spreadsheet didn't change much at all.

I'm wondering if I'm being overly ambitious aiming for two parks per day with a nap in the middle (and if the kids are too tired after our 'day' park we'll send em back to BLT with Uncle ;)).

Dec 1 - After arriving the night before and staying at an airport hotel, take ME to check in at BLT, then head to Animal Kingdom. Whenever our room is ready, take a break and whoever is up for it can head over to Epcot (probably just some of the adults) to enjoy the World Pavilions side of things, eat a Counter Service meal there. If part of the party stays behind (or if we're all too tired), head up to watch fireworks from the TOTWL and eat in the room.

Dec 2 - Breakfast in the room, get a Pirates League (and potentially BBB) reservation for the 5, 6, and 7 year olds and head to the MK. After we've checked out the non-DL duplicates, back to BLT for a nap. Then over to DHS to check out Osborne lights for the evening, ride a few rides, maybe have dinner at Fairfax Faire. If there is a second Fantasmic! showing, watch it!

Dec 3 - Light breakfast in room, then Epcot. My best friend's 40th birthday lunch at Chefs de France. Check out the Future World side of Epcot before and after lunch. Head back to BLT for a nap, and if adults or kids are feeling up to it, to the MK for some EMH rides, if not watch the fireworks from TOTWL. Thinking about an evening Whispering Canyon reservation for appetizers and desserts perhaps.

Dec 4 - Light breakfast in room, then DHS. 36th b-day lunch for BF's brother, at Sci-Fi since he just wanted a good burger. Ride rides before and after. Dinner at T-Rex cafe this evening so the boys can enjoy the Dinos, then to bed early.

Dec 5 - Early Tusker House character breakfast to see if we can't take advantage of the AM EMH here. Not so sure about this day. This evening I'd like to book an IllumiNations cruise to top everything off while the kids have an in-room sitter or go to the Beach Club playhouse.

Dec 6 - Pack and head to the Disney Dream!

Is this too much? We're used to opening and closing the parks at DL, and I'd like to maximize the park time for the half of our party that only has 5 days. We won't be starting early, no rope drops with our jet lag rather a leisurely start to the day with naps in the late afternoon.

Sounds nice and leisurely to me! What is TOTWL? I don't know that acronym yet!

Thanks for inviting me over here! I can't wait to lose another evening on the boards reading through all these posts.

We are arriving Dec 8th. Our first three nights will be at Old Key West, then we move to Bay Lake for the rest of the trip.

I think the whole family is most excited for MVMCP. We've done MNSSHP the last two years and can't wait to see what they do for Christmas.

You can check out my first ever PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2926239.

Welcome to our newest Roll Call members!!! :cool1::cool1:

And to those who requested changes to your dates/resort, I think I am up to date with that as well.

I am so in planning mode now. You would think I was going next week. Sigh, if only. ;)

Booked for AOA little mermaid room december 9-13 hopefully will get another free dining pin i missed mine and have several hotel discounts but all exclude aoa :( Cant wait to book my dining!:cool1:

Sounds nice and leisurely to me! What is TOTWL? I don't know that acronym yet!
Top Of The World Lounge, which is a lounge on the top floor of the Bay Lake Tower for DVC members staying on points. Apparently its popular for watching fireworks since its easy to just pop down to your room and sleep afterwards.

We have changed to Nov. 27-Dec. 5 due to my DD's Christmas play for her dance company.....hopefully we get to see the MK Christmas tree before we go back home :confused3

anyone doing mickeys backyard bbq? Since I am doing the deluxe dining package I am thinking of trying it out it looks like fun! then off to sleigh rides:santa:

The TA Calender makes my head hurt. My original plan was dinner at Ohana our first night and then watch Wishes from the Poly Beach...but no Wishes that night. So then I though, our last dinner of our vacation...but no Wishes that night.

Sigh. Anyone have any good suggestions for our first night or even our last night?I wanted it to be special. First Night: Sunday December 2nd, Last Night: Sunday December 9th (we are staying into the evening Monday as well but we will need to catch an evening plane, so we can't book anything for dinner time). We were not planning on using park tickets that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter