December 2015 Check-In Thread

I'm listening to
Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection: Disneyland [3 CD]
and

Music of Disney: Legacy in Song

both good finds on amazon 6 new disks some songs I had but both sets had songs I don't have.

I can say I am excited and its my bday so getting bunchs of wishes for a good bday too.

lvdis, I'm so sorry!! That's a tough spot to be in. I can't give advice as I don't know the circumstances, but I would lean toward going on your vacation unless it is (a) a parent/relative that needs you there or (b) there is a strong possibility of them not making it. Either way, you may find yourself wishing you'd make the other choice and I don't envy you. Big hugs, though!! :hug:

I am SO EXCITED!!!! Countdown has begun. One week from now I will be in Disneyland with my sister!!!!

I'm so excited! We booked our hotel and bought our hoppers yesterday while the kids were in school. We're going Dec 31, Jan 1, 3. Jan 2 we're headed to San Diego for the day to visit DD1's best friend. She just moved away this past summer, so DD1 will be very excited to visit her. We're staying at the Hyatt Place. We like to stay onsite, but really couldn't justify the price for our fave DLH.

We haven't been since last year. I was kinda bummed, since we've been every year since DD2 was born (2009). I though that we were going to miss this year, but I kept bombarding DH with images of the Star Wars stuff going on. He finally relented since he and the girls are big SW fans. We're both not eager to deal with the crowds, however. Since we're familiar with the parks, I think we'll just hit our favorites and make sure we watch parades and shows. There are a lot of stuff we can bypass.

The kids won't find out til Christmas as this will be our gift to them. It's hard not to plan with them, so I'll have to come here often to avoid spoiling it at home, lol.

We are heading down Dec 27 through 30! First time staying at Carousel Inn. Extended family trip including our family of 4, brother and sister in law and 2 nieces. All adults. First time for brother in law, and sis in law hasn't been since the 80's. Made ADR at BTRBBQ since it's going away. I know it will be crazy, but Christmas is so special there.

I just don't know what to do. Someone I am very close to is very sick and in the hospital. We are supposed to leave for DLR in 6 days. I'm so scared and confused about what the right thing to do is. The trip has been planned for almost 9 months.
I think we are going to go ahead and go. He was transferred to a hospital 2 hours from here so I wouldn't be able to see him every day anyway. I will be able to check in on him the day we leave and the day we return since we are flying out of that city. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I'm going to go and enjoy my happy place for a few days since I know he would want me to do that. Now I better get busy and start packing!

I am excited to try one of the holiday desserts. I can't decide between the candy cane beignets or the funnel cake...

Hug to you, lvdis, and prayers for you and your family.

Happy Belated Birthday JadeDarkstar!

I am also super excited for tomorrow and getting to meet the above mentioned JadeDarkStar on Saturday for Candlelight along with possibly Bret.

Happy trips to all!

9 days to go! I've been planning it forever and now it's so close. Dec 11-17, staying the first two nights at DLH and 4 nights at the GC. I'm a WDW CM and I've only been once to DL for a day a looong time ago

Just got home from the eye doc - the fella has been cleared for flight. Today, I am thankful for rapidly dissolving gas bubbles and a retina that healed in good time.

Let the frantic packing freakout begin!!

We will be on property Saturday, in the parks starting Sunday for a few days. If you see a big yellow backpack that says "Saundo" on it, that's us! :)

Just got home from the eye doc - the fella has been cleared for flight. Today, I am thankful for rapidly dissolving gas bubbles and a retina that healed in good time.

Let the frantic packing freakout begin!!

We will be on property Saturday, in the parks starting Sunday for a few days. If you see a big yellow backpack that says "Saundo" on it, that's us! :)
That's great news! I'll have to watch for your backpack. We will be in the parks starting Sunday as well! So excited, but so not ready yet!

:)

Might be Saundo himself standing around with it. He isn't able to ride much as he is still healing. I will try not to take too much glee in multiple trips on it's a small world...

We'll be at Fantasmic Sunday night (probably the early show given our BB ADR time.)

by the way because i'm watching a show with selfie sticks i want to say. If i see any one with them I will say "You know those are banned from Disney Land right? I'd put it away before a cm takes it from you. LOL DH laughed I thought id share with all my disers.

7.5 sleeps to go! In just 7 days, I'll be sleeping early in preparation for my 3am wake up! 3:00am wake up, leave by 4am to be at the airport by 5:30am for a 7:00am flight. Hoping I will be able to sleep on the flight so I'll be ready for a full day of DL!

I'm basically packed. Bought a new coat, as it now says there's a 30% chance of rain next Thursday. Even with that chance of rain, it's looking like temps should be around 70º, which sounds like Heaven as I'm scraping ice off my car each morning at home!

7.5 sleeps to go! In just 7 days, I'll be sleeping early in preparation for my 3am wake up! 3:00am wake up, leave by 4am to be at the airport by 5:30am for a 7:00am flight. Hoping I will be able to sleep on the flight so I'll be ready for a full day of DL!

I'm basically packed. Bought a new coat, as it now says there's a 30% chance of rain next Thursday. Even with that chance of rain, it's looking like temps should be around 70º, which sounds like Heaven as I'm scraping ice off my car each morning at home!
I'm still hoping that rain cloud goes away for us!!

We are leaving Tuesday!! I'm nervous about the trip in regards to dealing with DS1- not sure how it'll go or how he will do with his first flight, shuttle and then dealing with a bunch of full park days- but so excited other then that!! Still so much to do last minute and still need to pack... I did start some to pack piles, made a to pack list and got out the suitcases- yay!!!

How have the crowds been at night? I've seen they aren't terrible in the morning, just wondering if it's worth it to come back at night to close out the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter