December 2020 Right of First Refusal Report (ROFR)

FYI - We are aware of the link issues... If you click it it will still take you there.

I've concluded WALL-E broke my profile...

FYI - We are aware of the link issues... If you click it it will still take you there.

I've concluded WALL-E broke my profile...
Thanks for this post. I was about to reopen the report with a resolution that said it was fixed!

Thanks! I am so surprised that the averages are not higher than previous years. It certainly seems that way!

Thanks! I am so surprised that the averages are not higher than previous years. It certainly seems that way!
I 100% agree... it's felt like they've been buying back everything, but as Nick mentioned in the article, it may have felt that way because they were making up for buybacks that didn't occur during the early part of the shutdown.

Great report. I can see why they’d buy back SSR and OKW to make direct seem more affordable. But to raise direct pricing on other resorts and still have some that are still not sold out seems to be in poor taste considering the state of the economy.

Is this report of overall sales for their company or tracking all resales? I understand the price chart for taken is just for their company I just wasn't sure about the overall sales and taken numbers.

Is this report of overall sales for their company or tracking all resales? I understand the price chart for taken is just for their company I just wasn't sure about the overall sales and taken numbers.
It’s only their company, from what I can tell. If it was from all companies they would have to exchange information. Unless they all decided to enter the info into one data set. It would take a lot of time to gather it all. Nick does a great job posting this every month. It gives resale buyers a general idea what contract might get taken back.

It’s only their company, from what I can tell. If it was from all companies they would have to exchange information. Unless they all decided to enter the info into one data set. It would take a lot of time to gather it all. Nick does a great job posting this every month. It gives resale buyers a general idea what contract might get taken back.
Thanks, I have looked at this report numerous months and always took it as just their company but some of the wording made me think I may be mistaken about the overall numbers of DVC contracts taken as opposed to the price per point numbers which clearly are just for their company.

Interesting that there apparently was a ROFR taken at Poly. I thought Disney didn’t ROFR Poly. It must have been a really low price, but it doesn’t appear to show it in the report.

Interesting that there apparently was a ROFR taken at Poly. I thought Disney didn’t ROFR Poly. It must have been a really low price, but it doesn’t appear to show it in the report.
I had two rofred from poly in the last 3 weeks.

Just when people start to think they have found the pattern or know what Disney will do, they change It up.

I had two rofred from poly in the last 3 weeks.
I think we're going to see Disney being extremely aggressive at FROR. Thinking there will be lots of loaded contracts being dumped due to COVID, and it's a great opportunity for Disney to: 1) buy cheap, 2) take banked points out of the system, 3) start closing that gap of resale vs direct.

I think we're going to see Disney being extremely aggressive at FROR. Thinking there will be lots of loaded contracts being dumped due to COVID, and it's a great opportunity for Disney to: 1) buy cheap, 2) take banked points out of the system, 3) start closing that gap of resale vs direct.
Not sure where you are seeing contracts being dumped from covid. The price has stayed basically stable.

Not sure where you are seeing contracts being dumped from covid. The price has stayed basically stable.
Oh sorry...didn't mean "dumped" as in "low prices"...meant "dumped" as in "getting rid of debt or needing the cash". Probably should have used "selling" instead.

When we did the tours last week of all the dvc grand villas at WDW one of the guides told us they have a lot of contracts that have been surrendered back to Disney and they had points available for sale at all of the “sold out” resorts.

When we did the tours last week of all the dvc grand villas at WDW one of the guides told us they have a lot of contracts that have been surrendered back to Disney and they had points available for sale at all of the “sold out” resorts.
That makes sense. Lots of people losing their jobs right now. Wonder if Disney is using the cash of postponing Reflections to go all in ROFR...unique opportunity for them to deplete the resale market inventory (between surrendered contracts and ROFR)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter