December 2023 Planning Thread

Awesome!! I'm going the 7-11 and this will be my first time trying out the dessert party! My sis and I go every year at that time and w always try to find something new to do. I hope you and your friend have a fantastic time!

The WOC dessert party is seriously my favourite Disney event. You are going to love it!!

Got ours for our last day/evening so excited for it! Still bummed I couldn't get reservations for Goofy's character breakfast!

We're going for my 55th birthday Dec 7-10 and I am so happy we got LL reservations on my birthday as well as the WOC dessert party! I can't wait!! Hurry up December!
Those are almost my dates (7-11). I also got LLL and WOC dessert party! I'm going with my sister and have never done the party. Our birthdays are in Jan so we sort of celebrate Christmas and our birthdays together at DL 😁.

Those are almost my dates (7-11). I also got LLL and WOC dessert party! I'm going with my sister and have never done the party. Our birthdays are in Jan so we sort of celebrate Christmas and our birthdays together at DL 😁.
Nice! I have never done the dessert party so I am so excited!! What day are you doing it? We are doing it on my birthday Friday the 8th!

Nice! I have never done the dessert party so I am so excited!! What day are you doing it? We are doing it on my birthday Friday the 8th!
Never done it either but it got such rave reviews and I've never really even watched WOC, at least not up close. We're going the day after you, Sat the 9th at 8pm!

My daughter and I will be there December 11-14 and are staying at the Howard Johnson. She is now 25, it's our first adult mother/daughter trip, and she is paying for her half of the trip! Woo! I've gotten a big kick out of her doing a ton of research and pricing everything out and then reporting back to me on where she wants to spend her money. It's been so much fun planning this together and watching her become an excited little kid again about a Disneyland trip.

Based on everyone's enthusiastic comments about the WOC dessert party, I'm going to treat her to the party as a birthday present.

You might try Undercover Tourist first then, if you haven't already. Maybe they can update your tickets since you bought through them? Or refund the ticket price? I think they're the ones I've heard are really good about refunding tickets.
I believe UT will refund 95% of the ticket price (they did it for me recently) for 365 days. I would call and discuss with them.

I’m excited! We just booked tickets for the husband, myself, and our two teenagers for December 23. We’re only going to do Disneyland this time and are mostly wanting to focus on just taking in all the holiday decorations (and of course the seasonal Haunted Mansion). Even though my kids have been to both parks a lot (DH has an annual conference in Anaheim & we usually tag along), they’ve never gone at this time of year. We’ll be checking into the HoJo on the 22nd and drive back home (SF) on the 24th.

We’re only going to do Disneyland this time and are mostly wanting to focus on just taking in all the holiday decorations (and of course the seasonal Haunted Mansion).
The HM seasonal is soooo cute. I did not want to pay for Genie+ and by the time I waited and listened to loud music in line for over an hour, decided next time to pay for Genie+ even if just for that one ride lol. The ONLY advantage of the slow line was that the outside decor is worth walking thru slowly to appreciate ... ENJOY!

My daughter and I will be there December 11-14 and are staying at the Howard Johnson. She is now 25, it's our first adult mother/daughter trip, and she is paying for her half of the trip! Woo! I've gotten a big kick out of her doing a ton of research and pricing everything out and then reporting back to me on where she wants to spend her money. It's been so much fun planning this together and watching her become an excited little kid again about a Disneyland trip.

Based on everyone's enthusiastic comments about the WOC dessert party, I'm going to treat her to the party as a birthday present.
How fun!! And kudos to your daughter for paying her way--that's wonderful, and great for her to take over the task of pricing things :lovestruc. Looks like you set a good example!

I have a 23-year-old and I'm going to be meeting up with her this Dec (my trip is the 7-11). She lives nearby and gets in free :)

We're going 2-5. I upgraded our tickets from 3 day to 4 day last week, so got it in before the price increase. Yay! I have all our various reservations, WOC dessert party, Cafe Orleans, Naples, Splitsville and Ogas. We are staying at the DLH which will be a surprise since the kids think we're staying across the street like we normally do. I've never been to DL at Christmas and am so excited!

We're going 2-5. I upgraded our tickets from 3 day to 4 day last week, so got it in before the price increase. Yay! I have all our various reservations, WOC dessert party, Cafe Orleans, Naples, Splitsville and Ogas. We are staying at the DLH which will be a surprise since the kids think we're staying across the street like we normally do. I've never been to DL at Christmas and am so excited!
Oh, you're in for a treat! Christmas at DLR is incredible! It actually makes me tear up when I walk into DL and see it at night with the big Christmas tree and the castle lights...

I'm so excited to finally be going back to DL. I've attended the last two Evolution of Psychotherapy conferences in Anaheim, and the 2013 one was my first DL experience. I totally got bit with the Disney bug since then. This will be a solo trip... I'm flying in on Dec 9th, staying at Kings Inn until the 12th, and then transferring to the Hilton Anaheim as the conference begins that day, and runs until Sunday 18th. My plan is to do full days in the parks on the 10th and 11th, the morning of the 12th, and then once the conference is underway, head there for the evenings since at least in the past, DL has been open til midnight.

Lots of new stuff since I was last there in 2017 - Avengers Campus, Webslingers, Galaxy's Edge (though I've been to the WDW version, I'm excited for a better Oga's menu!), the rethemed Incredicoaster, SanFransokyo Square... And I'm planning some new Disneybounds to make my packing easier too. Aiming for options that can blend in with a group of therapists during the day, and work for characters at night!

I've also been booking my reservations though it's tricky with a party of 1. Got Trader Sams for the evening I arrive, a *very* late Blue Bayou for my first park day, and two Oga's visits for the second day. Tomorrow morning I'll be trying for Lamplight lounge. Then I think I'll just QS it the rest of the time.

I've heard of solo travelers reserving for a party of 2 and just telling them 1 when they check in.

I haven't had many issues reserving things for a party of 1, especially since the app got updated. But on the app pre-update, sometimes times would show up if I put in 2 that wouldn't if I put in 1. But, you don't even need to tell them when you check in. Make the reservation for 2 if you have to, and then go back in and modify the reservation to 1.

(But yeah, generally, it won't matter. A solo person will usually sit at a two-top in a restaurant. But, at Oga's you'll likely be stuck with 3 - 5 strangers, unless you're find with standing at the counter/bar.)

I've also been booking my reservations though it's tricky with a party of 1. Got Trader Sams for the evening I arrive, a *very* late Blue Bayou for my first park day, and two Oga's visits for the second day. Tomorrow morning I'll be trying for Lamplight lounge. Then I think I'll just QS it the rest of the time.
Sometimes I book for two and modify to one. That seems to help with some slots.

Where do I go to choose my fast passes etc on the app once I’m in the parks? Will they just pop up when I enter the park since I have genie plus.

Also, is there a way to search by restaurant for reservations. I’m only seeing the option where I input number of guests etc and it showed me every option.

I feel like a complete newbie here 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter