December 2023 Planning Thread

Fingers crossed Goofy's Kitchen opens soon and you can secure a reservation. It sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday!
Yes! It's for twin 7 year old boys who have never been to DL before. They'll be 6 for the first two days and then 7 at the halfway mark. I feel like it will be really cool for them to be able to ride without an adult once they hit that 7 mark. That was a really big deal for my daughter.

Yes! It's for twin 7 year old boys who have never been to DL before. They'll be 6 for the first two days and then 7 at the halfway mark. I feel like it will be really cool for them to be able to ride without an adult once they hit that 7 mark. That was a really big deal for my daughter.
Party of 7 here for my 40th! Fingers crossed we all score!

This would make my daughter's trip if Indy is open.

Now if they'd just open up Goofy's Kitchen reservations. This is the one freaking meal that is important to us, we have a party of 10 with a birthday on our actual date we want to get. Plus it's their first trip and I talked it up way too much. Me and my big old Disney mouth may bite me in the butt if I have to tell them I couldn't get the reservation.
We are waiting for Goofys too! Come on already December!

We are visiting December 23 to Jan 1. We are expecting crazy crowd levels. If we want to park hop will Disney announce somewhere when parks are at capacity so we either don’t leave only to get denied entry or not leave the park we are in because we might not get back in?

That feeling when the calendar finally creeps past your vacation days and nothing else is on the refurbish list.

Now to snap my fingers and magically make it November 10th so we can start gossiping over winter events.
As Tom Petty said…”The waiting is the hardest part”….C’mon Christmas!

Booked my Goofy's Kitchen Holiday reservation! I just happened to check the website and it looks like they went live around 10 AM PDT. A little bit later in the morning than I would have wanted but I'll take it. Looks like there will be specialty foods and I'm hoping for the characters in holiday outfits.

Booked my Goofy's Kitchen Holiday reservation! I just happened to check the website and it looks like they went live around 10 AM PDT. A little bit later in the morning than I would have wanted but I'll take it. Looks like there will be specialty foods and I'm hoping for the characters in holiday outfits.
Where do you see this? On it app it only talks about thanksgiving and Halloween.

My dining alert didn't work for Goofy's Kitchen so I'm very glad I saw this.

Kind of disappointed in the alert but super glad I got the time I wanted for our large group.

I had to check with the people we are going with about Goofy's Kitchen being higher in price for the holiday meal. For their family it added about $80 plus gratuity and tax due to the menu change. Hopefully it's worth it. I'll feel pretty bad if they don't think it's worth it.

My husband and I are traveling early December from the east coast. We have 4 day ph and staying at Paradise Pier. We have stayed there years ago with our kids. i have only been once at Christmas and my dh has never been. I am very excited

Last edited:
I see some special items with the Goofy’s holiday pricing but will some of the regular items still be there (omelettes, waffles, etc)?

Does anyone know from previous years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter