December 2023 Planning Thread

Does anyone happen to know how far the walk is from Kings Inn to the new Gardenwalk Starbucks? When I plug it into Google maps, it says it is a 10 minute walk, but the Gardenwalk looks to be right next to the Kings Inn, so I’m not sure what I am missing.

Does anyone happen to know how far the walk is from Kings Inn to the new Gardenwalk Starbucks? When I plug it into Google maps, it says it is a 10 minute walk, but the Gardenwalk looks to be right next to the Kings Inn, so I’m not sure what I am missing.
It is a short walk, but a half block away. Did you look at the Google Maps walking map? I'm not familiar with Kings Inn exits and entrances, but the map has you walking in a convoluted pattern.

It is a short walk, but a half block away. Did you look at the Google Maps walking map? I'm not familiar with Kings Inn exits and entrances, but the map has you walking in a convoluted pattern.

I did look at Google maps. That’s why I wasn’t sure how long it actually was because of the route it gave me.

I did look at Google maps. That’s why I wasn’t sure how long it actually was because of the route it gave me.
Yeah, I think you would just exit the hotel on Katella and walk up the center of Garden walk. I don't understand why Google maps has you looping around.

Yes! It's for twin 7 year old boys who have never been to DL before. They'll be 6 for the first two days and then 7 at the halfway mark. I feel like it will be really cool for them to be able to ride without an adult once they hit that 7 mark. That was a really big deal for my daughter.
For the record, the reservations for Goofys kitchen just started opening a few days ago for the Holiday meals :)

Booked my Goofy's Kitchen Holiday reservation! I just happened to check the website and it looks like they went live around 10 AM PDT. A little bit later in the morning than I would have wanted but I'll take it. Looks like there will be specialty foods and I'm hoping for the characters in holiday outfits.
It completely slipped my mind even though I was on earlier in the week getting reservations for our first day at Disney. We wanted Goofy's for Christmas Day but there is nothing there. We did get something for Christmas Eve but like at 830pm so not super idea.

I can't remember if there are specialty foods, but they are not dressed up in holiday outfits just their cooking outfits.

It completely slipped my mind even though I was on earlier in the week getting reservations for our first day at Disney. We wanted Goofy's for Christmas Day but there is nothing there. We did get something for Christmas Eve but like at 830pm so not super idea.

I can't remember if there are specialty foods, but they are not dressed up in holiday outfits just their cooking outfits.
They are doing something different this year for Christmas, the first year. I do believe it said they'd be in Christmas attire similar to the Halloween special meals. I can't remember where I read that though, so don't hold me to it, although im 99% sure!

I couldn’t figure out why hotels were so expensive the week I am going (Dec 5-9), and it looks like there is a huge pharmacy convention that week (20,000 people 😬).

Would it be better to try to switch my trip to the week after? I found a good deal on a hotel the week I am going, so I’m not worried about that. I’m more concerned about crowds.

Just booked our WOC Dessert Party! WHOO HOO! They only had the later show available, so we will be tired, LOL-- but man I am SO excited. Can't wait to see the Holiday dessert menu! 🎅

December 1 and 2, with adult kids both days I think. Staying at Courtyard Marriot. Dinner at Carthay first day, lunch at Café Orleans on Saturday. Nothing else really planned, just taking in the holiday splendor.

What happens if the parks reach capacity? My main concern is Park hopping. Is there a way to tell if the other park is closed before we leave the park that we are in?

First time visiting for the holidays and the pictures I see make me very nervous lol

What happens if the parks reach capacity? My main concern is Park hopping. Is there a way to tell if the other park is closed before we leave the park that we are in?

First time visiting for the holidays and the pictures I see make me very nervous lol
Capacity is very very rare and usually only on NYE, especially now that they do reservations. You should be fine.

I couldn’t figure out why hotels were so expensive the week I am going (Dec 5-9), and it looks like there is a huge pharmacy convention that week (20,000 people 😬).

Would it be better to try to switch my trip to the week after? I found a good deal on a hotel the week I am going, so I’m not worried about that. I’m more concerned about crowds.
Wouldn't the fact there is a large convention that week mean the parks could be less busy and a good time to go? Since, in theory, the hotels in the area are all booked up but they should be going to their convention instead of Disneyland, right?

The ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting (big pharmacy meeting referred to as "Midyear") is winding down by the 5th unless people are staying afterwards for vacation. 20K may be a bit high, but still a large meeting. The busiest days are the 3rd-5th. I know because I'll be there...We get a meeting rate and we're paying $364 plus tax ($426)/night at the GCH.
It will still be awesome even if a bit more crowded. I know the weekend, Dec 1-3, could be bonkers due to the CP at Disneyland on the 2nd and 3rd.

The ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting (big pharmacy meeting referred to as "Midyear") is winding down by the 5th unless people are staying afterwards for vacation. 20K may be a bit high, but still a large meeting. The busiest days are the 3rd-5th. I know because I'll be there...We get a meeting rate and we're paying $364 plus tax ($426)/night at the GCH.
It will still be awesome even if a bit more crowded. I know the weekend, Dec 1-3, could be bonkers due to the CP at Disneyland on the 2nd and 3rd.
If you’re part of the meeting, will you attend the meeting or go to Disneyland during the day on Dec 3-5?

Wouldn't the fact there is a large convention that week mean the parks could be less busy and a good time to go? Since, in theory, the hotels in the area are all booked up but they should be going to their convention instead of Disneyland, right?
and those that take their wife and kids along for the room being paid for by their company? Its not just the attendees traveling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter