December 2023 Planning Thread

Disneyland locals are like fair weather golfers. A lot think if not idea weather they stay away as its easily assessable for them. Traveler's on the other had have no choice like us.
We are driving in, about 6 hours away. So no choice there but to take it in stride. This is the first time we are going during the holidays. Keeping my expectations low.

How do I pack for December? We are coming from Toronto on Saturday and while the temps aren’t too bad, it is still winter there and I’m always cold anyways. Will I be fine in sweatshirts or will I regret packing so many??

Also wondering if EE and rope drop are a must. I mean I’m on vacation and would love to sleep in but it’s also Christmas season 😬

How do I pack for December? We are coming from Toronto on Saturday and while the temps aren’t too bad, it is still winter there and I’m always cold anyways. Will I be fine in sweatshirts or will I regret packing so many??
How many days will you be here?

Bring layers. Short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, a jacket that you can wear over your sweatshirt, a hat or beanie. If you like Grizzly, bring an extra pair of shoes (we usually change into light weight shorts and flip flops before the ride). Are you planning on buying any merchandise (spirit jerseys, sweatshirts, etc.) at the park? If so, you can cut back on some of what you would normally bring.

We will be there for nine days, five days in the parks. Thank you! That helps a lot. I guess I will need to pack a few more T-shirts for layers!

We will be there for nine days, five days in the parks. Thank you! That helps a lot. I guess I will need to pack a few more T-shirts for layers!
I apologize if I missed it. What are you planning on doing for the four days that you are not in the parks?

We just finished 4 days, including rain yesterday. It's never felt this warm, especially with rain. I'm not sure if it's the humidity or what. Usually we're too cold to stay in rain, but we were fine yesterday with wet jeans/feet and a poncho. My kids were just wearing long sleeved shirts and the disposable ponchos. The lines lowered, but everything was going down, it was hard to keep track. I had so many MEPs in my app.

I apologize if I missed it. What are you planning on doing for the four days that you are not in the parks?
We aren’t sure yet. We used to come twice a year but haven’t since covid so have a few ideas of things we might want to do. Probably a hotel/DTD day for sure, outlets at orange, possibly Huntington. Would love to do Aquarium of the Pacific but don’t have a car this time so probably won’t. Any suggestions as we haven’t made any firm plans yet?? One of the days will be our departure (around dinner time. We are taking the red eye home).

We would have probably only stayed for seven days but stretched it out (since we will be there for Christmas anyways) to include my birthday (29th) and New Years. We thought about leaving the 30th but thought we are already there so why not.

We aren’t sure yet. We used to come twice a year but haven’t since covid so have a few ideas of things we might want to do. Probably a hotel/DTD day for sure, outlets at orange, possibly Huntington. Would love to do Aquarium of the Pacific but don’t have a car this time so probably won’t. Any suggestions as we haven’t made any firm plans yet?? One of the days will be our departure (around dinner time. We are taking the red eye home).

We would have probably only stayed for seven days but stretched it out (since we will be there for Christmas anyways) to include my birthday (29th) and New Years. We thought about leaving the 30th but thought we are already there so why not.
Knott's Berry Farm would be something fun to do on a non Disney day. It's only about 20 minutes away and very uberable (lol I don't think that's a word, but it's close enough for ride share/taxi).

You could always catch a hockey game if the Ducks are in town!

Ok so I’ve been in the week between Christmas and NY before, in the days before reservations.

You used to stay in the park when you got in because sometimes they closed.

The days we are going are out of reservations for all ticket levels. With reservations in place, will we be able to leave the park and re-enter with no issues since we have a ticket and reservation for that day? Is there still a chance they would have to close the gates?

Trying to plan for meals, naps etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter