• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December rain vs. Spring/Summer rain???

DrTomorrow

Your Disney friend from the Future!<br><font color
Greetings!

Just a quick question: we've spent many a hot & humid summer day at WDW, so we know the "Sunny -> Quick & Furious Rain -> Sunny" cycle. But what does rain mean in December? Is it still the "one burst for the day", or more of the long, grey, misty on-and-off-all-day type?

Thanks!

Well, yesterday, it rained all day. A light misty rain with a brisk wind. Today, it is a bit overcast. It should clear as the day goes on.

You won't see as many strong thunderstorms at this time of year. When it rains, it tends to be more of a gloomy rain that lasts for awhile.

Thanks!

Hmmmmm..... Rainy Gloom vs. Disney Pixie Dust - should be quite a battle!

Why can't they just build a dome over Disney so it's bright and sunny all the time! :smooth: We leave tomorrow and this rain in the forecast is stressing me out!

I am glad when we get a gloomy day here. It's a chance to relax and read a good book or watch a movie. We don't get too many of them.

safetymom said:
I am glad when we get a gloomy day here. It's a chance to relax and read a good book or watch a movie. We don't get too many of them.
Living here in Arizona, I know how you feel. I just read that we haven't gotten rain in Metro Phoenix in seven weeks!

We are headed to the World same time as you DrT.... Chicago currently 11 degrees and has 5-10 inches of snow, so I suppose 70 and gloomy and drizzley is better than that, but I hope for a heat wave with record breaking temps (mid-upper 80s)

Is that asking too much??? :rotfl2:

We leave this Sunday and I saw a few days of "showers" in the forecast. Didn't care for it at first, but then I remembered that Orlando weather is pretty tough to forecast. Predictions seems to change almost daily, so we'll just prepare for anything. Like an earlier OP said, it can't be any worse than the freezing temps and snow we have in the midwest right now.

I find the forecasters here on Orlando are much more accurate than when I lived up North.

when it rains in the wintertime it does seem to be a light misty rain with a gray gloomy day, basically it's when a cold front passes, but after it passes the weather is usually summed up in one word PERFECT!!! Highs in the 60's-low 70's, lows in the 40's or 50's without a cloud in the sky.In the summer the average day is 40% chance of thunderstorms high 92 low 79, 40% means your normal afternoon showers, an uglier day will say 60-70% chance of storms.

It still seems to be fairly short unless a cold front is coming through then it will rain all day. Also, when it is cooler outside, the rain does not feel all that pleasant and it takes longer to warm up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter