December trip - convince me!

HFJohnson

DIS Veteran
We weren't planning on going back to DLP so soon after our trip in May but, well, you know how it is! I saw the great offer on Expedia for room-only at the Cheyenne and as it's fully refundable I booked two nights in early December. We'll be taking the Eurostar and will have to travel via Lille so I need to make a final decision soon as the indirect prices will be released any day now but I'm umming and ahhing about whether to go or not!

The pros and cons...

Pros
Christmas Season - we haven't been at Christmas time before and I'd love to go
Price - I reckon the whole trip will cost about £600ish including spending money and that will include annual passes that I can use again next year
I get to see Dreams again!

Cons
DH doesn't want to come so I'll be taking DD (8) + DS (5) on my own (not that this should be too much trouble)
Travelling via Lillle - not done this before. Is a 30 minute changeover on the return journey enough to get through passport control?
The cold weather
Although the price is good I feel guilty about spending money on another trip so soon!
I'll have to take the children out of school again :blush:. Only for a couple of days though.

So should I go? What would you do? (Although on this board I think I know what the answer will be ;) ) Deep down I do want to go but I just need a little bit more convincing!

Thanks!

Go For It! :banana:

DLRP is so lovely at christmas. You will love it. It can be a bit cold but the extra magic of christmas makes you not even think about the cold. :)

Thanks :thumbsup2 Not that I expected to get many "nah don't bother" responses here :lmao:

Still haven't decided 100% but it's looking more and more likely!

I'd be a bit wary of the 30 min change in Lille at anytime as if your train is late from DLP it is going to be very tight.

See what they plan if you miss the train so you are prepared for it :)

That's the only thing that would bother me and I'd try and get another train either earlier from DLP or later from Lille

Ha! Ha! As if we would say "Don't Go!"?!!! :rotfl2:

If you need any more convincing - check out some Christmas Trip Reports - that ought to be enough to make you cave! ;)

:santa:

I'd be a bit wary of the 30 min change in Lille at anytime as if your train is late from DLP it is going to be very tight.

See what they plan if you miss the train so you are prepared for it :)

That's the only thing that would bother me and I'd try and get another train either earlier from DLP or later from Lille

Yes, I'm a bit obsessive about being on time for stuff and I think that 30 minute change would make me a bit twitchy! There isn't a later train from Lille but there's an earlier TGV I might go for.

How much are AP's ?? we are going at Easter next year but trying to sneak a Xmas DLP trip next year too for just me and DD.

Can I exchange my easter park tickets for annual passes when I'm there?

Xmas at DLP is excellent, I took her in 2010 left hubby at home we had a fab time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter