December weather at Disney?

packman01

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to the parks in December? We are thinking of camping at FW then. I'm not concerned about sleeping in cool weather - used to that, but am curious as to what a typical December day would be like at the parks? Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share? Would appreciate it much. Thanks!

I'll be arriving in December also and am interested in knowing...but I sure won't be camping!

From what I understand, this varies from year to year. We went in December of 2000 and it couldn't have been more perfect. However, we will plan for both warm & cool weather.

And the first two weeks of December are usually quite pleasant, but can really vary year from year. We don't get too much rain then, however once in awhile a front will stall or come through and we'll get all day rain.
Now the last two weeks of December is totally up in the air, we can go from 80 to 30 degrees in one day. I know we have had temps on Christmas day as low as mid 20's before.

Just be prepared with swim suits or heavy jackets. We always camp in December, but usually it's within the first two weeks. Every New Years Eve for the past years has been very cold. We have camped on New Years weekend and been swimming one day and sunning ourselves, then the next bundled up in jackets and gloves around the camp fire shivering.

Go to the weather.com and look at averages and records for December in Orlando.

I have camped at Ft. Wilderness the last two Decembers (early December). Last year it was rather chilly, had to wear sweatshirts and pants everyday and had to use my sleeping bag at night. I was also there during the big rain storm that caused some flooding problems at Ft. Wilderness. Fortunately, my site stayed high and dry and my waterproofing worked great! (Fortunately, Ft. Wilderness was empty enough that they were able to move the folks that were flooding.) I actually got to ride Kali because of the rain though. It was pouring that day and I was all decked out in my rainsuit and Tevas, so I didn't care how wet I got!! Rode it 6 times in a row!!

The year before, I was never out of shorts and was able to just use sheets and a blanket on my air mattress. It never rained a drop either,

Just like clkelly, we were there the last two Decembers and the description is accurate.

It was a little chilly last year but the year before I was in the pool most days.

Sorry to say you will have to pack for both warm and cool weather.:(

Thanks everyone who replied! REALLY appreciate your help!!!! Gives us a great heads up on how to plan for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter