December Wedding Question

phillyflygrl10

Earning My Ears
I think that I heard somewhere on the board that there are extra charges for being married in between Christmas and New Years. With at least three teachers in the wedding, this would have been an ideal time for us. Does anyone know what the extra charges are?? Thank you!

When I checked on this last year, the minimums were only higher on specific days (i.e. NYE, New Year's Day, Christmas Day, etc.). So, during the week, you should be ok.

The reason why we decided to wait until the beginning of January was because the room rates are SOO much higher during Christmas (like $200/night difference at the GF). You will be in the Christmas peak season (i.e. highest rates for the entire year). Also, the crowds on Christmas week are supposed to be extremely bad -- they often have to close down one or more parks due to capacity.

You might want to go ahead and check though. I received this information in Sept of '06, which was before they switched over to the new minimum seasons, and also before they changed the pricing structure on the rooms.

HTH!

We are getting married on Dec. 29th. With alot of people in the military attending it was the only time we could do it too, because everybody has leave at the same time.
We didn't find that the prices were that much higher. We are getting married on a Sat. so our min is 20,000 - All other days are less. The only prices that we found to be higher were the rooms. But it still didn't seem that bad.
For example: my parents didn't book through our room block. They are staying 6 nights at Pop Century with park hopper& dinning, their pkg was a little over 1900. They booked a trip in May with the same pkg and it was over a little over 1700.
All the other expenses, like floral, entertainment (including DJ), transportation etc. all the same prices that they normally charge.
I know that some of the prices for 2008 have changed, but if you call Disney I'm sure that they can help you get a general idea about pricing.

It is a very busy time of year there though. We went a couple of years ago for xmas. It was a little crazy but we really had a great time.

My wedding is December 31, 2007:cool1: The cost min is 25,000.00 sounds like a lot but easy to spend quick.:scared1:

Cant wait:cheer2:

I am having some of the same concerns with having a Dec. wedding (high prices, crowds) but I keep telling myself that for us it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to go during this time. We've never been there during Christmas. Most of my friends that are teachers are willing to pay the high prices because they won't have to take time off from school. Thank you everyone!!!

DH and I are both teachers and we were married on Dec 21 of last year. We arrived on the 17th (we did have to take 1 day off ;) ) and the room rates were lower because of this. had we arrived on the 18th, it would have been more.

You can still get married at Christmas time, without have to pay the extra fees. You may want to check into that.

Good Luck and Congratulations!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter