Decenber 31 Disney Wedding...help....

jordan

Earning My Ears
HAS ANYONE HAD A WEDDING AT DW ON DEC 31????? ANY ONE HAVING THIS YEAR ON THE 31ST OF DEC?
HAS ANYONE HAD A AFTER PARTY IN THE WHITEHALL ROOM AT GF????
OUR PLAN WP 7PM AND PARTY AT WHITEHALL GF AT 830 TO 130 (PARTY THE NEW YEAR IN)

WE ARE HAVING WISHES (NOT REALLY SURE SINCE ITS A HOLIDAY) PRICE STARTS AT 50.000 I'M SURE IT WONT TAKE LONG TO SPEND THAT.
I HAVENT EVEN STARTED PLANNING 5 MONTHS AWAY MOST BRIDES EVERYTHING IS DONE BY NOW. GETTING STRESSED.......................
WERE DO I START??????????????????????:headache: :scared1:

I would first start by calling Disney, and make sure that the date isn't already taken. As for the rest of your questions, I can't really answer them. I would imagine that the minimum would be higher seeing it is a holiday, but not sure what it is. You have a decent amount of time to plan, as long as you don't have to worry about saving the money. They can plan these things in a very short time frame.

:goodvibes thanks for the reply. i do have a contract with dw for dec 31 at wp 7pm after party whitehall gf from 8:30 to 1:30 and i have the dress. thats as far as i have gotten. we have about 25people ...do i have a set down dinner or buffet???? wedding favors???? anyone seen whitehall at gf???? do i call and get the makeup and hair person or does wedding planner????? gift baskets for the room???? if so what???? rehearsal dinner??? where ??? what is a custom dance floor???can we bring our own bottles of champagne???

i want to have a wedding that df and i will never forget ..also no stress.

any help would be wonderful:flower3:

I'll try to help some...but I didn't have a custom wedding so I'm not sure I can answer all of your questions.

we have about 25people ...do i have a set down dinner or buffet????

With a custom wedding (and that minimum) I would suggest a sit down dinner, unless that limits your choices too much. You might also consider a dessert party of some kind.

wedding favors????

What kind of favors do you want? You can always do a donation to a favorite charity and just give everyone a little card telling them.

I did customized m&m's and they were really cute.

Do a search here for favors and I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas.

anyone seen whitehall at gf????

Sorry...I can't help with this one.

do i call and get the makeup and hair person or does wedding planner?????

You will have to make arrangements for your hair/make-up person, dress steaming, officiant and any other outside vendors you choose to use.

gift baskets for the room???? if so what????

If you have the budge for this, a lot of brides have done "welcome baskets/bags". Again, you can do a search here to find lots of ideas.

rehearsal dinner??? where ???

You can plan a rehearsal dinner. I'm not sure if it counts toward your minimum (someone else might know). Talk to your coordinator, I'm sure they can help you with that.

what is a custom dance floor???

Not sure about this but it might be that the location doesn't have a dance floor and if you want to dance, you will need to provide that. Again, talk to your planner.

can we bring our own bottles of champagne???

No. I'm pretty sure that Disney does not allow any food or beverages in from off-site. This has to do with health department regulations.

I hope that helps some.

:yay: thanks for your help. we really dont have a budget we just want to make it unforgetable for all.
(we are not young second wedding.. neither one of us had a first wedding i went to vegas he went to a chapel no tux or wedding dress so we want everthing we didnt have the first time)
do u think the dessert party would be better than a set down dinner or r u saying both???? i thought about dessert party for the rehearsal or the chip and dale cook out. (low key) we are having a confetti cannons at midnight(that s/b fun)
i was thing about colors...any one ever have midnight blue/silver and my weddding dress is cream. nothing in stone yet.princess:

Hi and welcome. A few suggestions. Think about the look (theme) you would like. I think blue and silver with ivory would be beautiful that time of year. Definately get the times and dates set in stone with Disney first. If you go to www.tazfoto.com he has lots of wedding location photos. Here is the link http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/wdw_locations.htm. If you want it to be memorable and you don't have a strickt budget the Cinderella Coach at night would be a gorgeous way to arrive. How about fireworks at the Wedding Pavillion after the ceremony? As far as favors there are lots of things you could do. Being New Years I think it might be nice to have eched glasses for the guests to take home. These are pretty reasonable through Arbas brothers. They have them all over Disney and they have a website. I used Ana with Beaute Speciale for my wedding a few weeks ago and she was amazing. Have you started a wishbook through disneyweddings.com? That might help you see what you can do.

Sorry for rambling. I personally think there is alot you can do and sometimes not having a huge amount of time is a benefit.

Here are pics of the Whitehall room and patio (you get both).

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/white_hall.htm

We looked at the Whitehall when we were there last December. It will be PERFECT for a party of 25.

For the champagne -- I'm really not sure about this. It seems like I read something that you could bring them in, but they charge a huge corkage fee (or something like that) so it would end up costing a lot anyway. I believe I might have seen it on the sample menus that they send (on the pages that talk about the bars). I didn't understand all the specifics of it though.

HTH!

He/she could answer alot of your questions! Are you going to be having a planning session?

1) I received a list of vendors including officiants, Hair/makeup, and tuxedo rental.

2) I would think that you would need to decide whether you are doing a plated (sit-down) or buffet dinner and then that person could help you choose a menu

3) as far as champagne - once you know approximately how many guests you are having your budget will probably include a charge for a "champagne toast". On my initial budget estimate this was listed at $6.25 per person.

Good luck! I think the planning is the fun part!

:banana: thank you everyone for the info..very helpful. i love the pics of whitehall it really looks purfect.:thumbsup2 :cool1:
feeling a little less stressed.

any organizing (sp?) tips ?????? so i dont forget or overlook something. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter