Decent viewing spot outside of MK for Dec 30th NYE fireworks

nicko

Mouseketeer
In spite of Southwest Airlines best effort, we are arriving in Orlando tonight. I was hoping to catch the MK “pre NYE” fireworks on Dec 30th. I have a MK park reservation but we will be just too tired to fight the theme park crowds (thanks again Southwest).

I was hoping we could get a decent view from the Contemporary. Thoughts? Any better ideas? We won’t be checking into a Disney hotel until Jan 1st.

Sitting on the beach at The Poly is a wonderful place to view the fireworks.
The Contemporary would be a good spot too.
You can't go wrong either way.
It's just a shame that the days of freely going to a resort to walk around are not allowed anymore. Do you have a reservation at The Contemporary to get in? If not, you can park at the DTD parking garage and get on a bus to The Contemporary or The Poly.

I don’t have a reservation at the Contemporary but I planned to park at the TTC lot and take the monorail to the contemporary. I’ve heard that the Poly beach is restricted to those staying at the Poly. Has that policy changed? Or maybe that Poly policy is only for the 31st?

I don’t have a reservation at the Contemporary but I planned to park at the TTC lot and take the monorail to the contemporary. I’ve heard that the Poly beach is restricted to those staying at the Poly. Has that policy changed? Or maybe that Poly policy is only for the 31st?
I would consider watching from the TTC ferry dock. It's almost a straight-on view of the castle, whereas the CR view is off to the side. Also, from the TTC you can see the fireworks shot off from the islands in the lagoon - not sure the CR view allows that. The music and narration are piped in, so all you miss are the castle projections, and those aren't very visible from the CR either. Then when the fireworks are over, you can return to your car and exit the TTC and Disney property before the hordes of MK guests get across the lagoon.

I like the view from the area in front of Gasparilla's at the Grand Floridian. They pipe in the music and you can even enjoy something to eat while watching the show. :) I don't like the view from the Contemporary because it is a sideways view rather than straight on.

Thanks everyone. We decided to try the TTC spot. I think it might be better than the Contemporary given the straight on view of the castle. In case anyone is wondering, we wandered over to the Poly and this year there was no restriction on who can come on the beach. Maybe that will change tomorrow. In any case, we opted for the TTC because the escape is quicker.

Just wanted to make sure you know the NYE MK fireworks are being shown 4 times in total. We watched the 6:30pm one today and honestly the crowds were not that scary. Way better than last year on NYEE. We took the monorail over from Epcot and got into the park around 6:15pm. Ended up with this view from Main St.

641588E4-6507-4A49-9CCB-45AC1A77068B.jpeg

We decided not to stay for the 11:50pm ones tonight but when we left, the park wasn’t terribly busy either. I wonder if the fact there’s 4 showings is spreading out the crowds.

There is another 6:30pm tomorrow if you do decide to go into the park. Good luck.

01501378-BF15-4D88-BB7E-3329569A0BAC.png

Did MK on the 30th from 5:30p to 12:10a. It was a crazy light crowd. Lighter than 12/26 even in 35 degree weather. We watched the 6:30 fireworks from behind the castle, literally just walking up and stepping into a big empty space behind the tape. For the 11:50 show, we were halfway down main street. Again, just strolled up. Expected to need to hold a spot for two hours.
I bought Genie+ and stacked and moved reservations every 2 hours all day.
Reserved JC, PP, HM, Winnie, Buzz, and Speedway. Walked onto Small World, Carousel, Tikki, People mover, carousel of progress and philharmagic. Had folks who didn’t roller coaster, so didn’t bother with them. Ate at Jungle Navi. Got a ton done and two firework shows.

Do not expect to have that much luck at Epcot tomorrow!

We just finished watching at the TTC ferry dock. It was excellent. Very few people and I’m riding the parking lot tram at 12:08 AM.
Thank you for reporting your experience! I'm glad turned out well for y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter