Decisions....decisions....

ash-n-brensmom

DIS Veteran
For some reason I am agonizing over this decision. (First world problems)
Coming down from Niagara Falls, Canada for Oct 18-25 as a solo traveler to celebrate going back to school at the age of 46, having a stellar first year, getting the highest overall grade in my program, "graduating" (one year program to begin with), and now starting my "real" program in social work. Whew.....basically just celebrating making the best decision of my life. lol

Ok, now the dilemma....
I have access to a TA group booking discount. I am deciding between POP and CSR. Both standard rooms, 5 day base ticket with a single water park add on, and QSDP. Price difference of $400 between the two.

They both have renovated rooms. I know POP like the back of my hand as I've been there a few times before, three years ago as a solo as the most recent. CSR is a new one and hadn't been on my radar in the past for family trips due to cost, but now it's just me. And I don't know what to do...lol. Like I said, first world problems.

Alright, folks....here's where you get to chime in....opinions, concerns, raves, personal preferences.....have at it!

If you know you already like Pop, I'd stick with it since it's cheaper. Then you can use what you saved for something else...like dessert parties, Halloween parties, or special souvenirs. Or use the extra money for something else to do with your new career!

Congratulations! It sounds like you've worked really hard and have a lot to look forward to!

If you know you already like Pop, I'd stick with it since it's cheaper. Then you can use what you saved for something else...like dessert parties, Halloween parties, or special souvenirs. Or use the extra money for something else to do with your new career!

Congratulations! It sounds like you've worked really hard and have a lot to look forward to!
Thanks! I have two more years of school ahead of me...that $400 won't last a minute..lol. And yes, I could use it towards souvenirs etc...
I will likely be going to MNSSHP on the 18th...and could use the money towards that. But I don't think spending the $400 on a resort upgrade would deter me from the party. Hmmmm....

Congratulations! Going back as a non-traditional student is a challenge and you really knocked it out of the park. It depends on how much time you plan on spending at the resort. The values worked for us when the family was younger and all we did at the resort was sleep. As we have gotten older we spend more time at the resort. We liked POP but I wouldn't want to spend the whole day there, but I could stay at POR all day.

Congratulations! Going back as a non-traditional student is a challenge and you really knocked it out of the park. It depends on how much time you plan on spending at the resort. The values worked for us when the family was younger and all we did at the resort was sleep. As we have gotten older we spend more time at the resort. We liked POP but I wouldn't want to spend the whole day there, but I could stay at POR all day.
Thank you!

I agree with your assessment about the resort time. And I do have quite a bit scheduled in here. Hmmmm.....lol

CSR is lovely, and I wish I'd booked it again for this trip; would have if I'd known I was going solo.
It's a bit out of the way, but IMO, that's part of the charm. Not overly 'Disneyfied', but again, that's partly why I think we like it. DH gets a little tired of having IP shoved down his throat :confused3

You've made a fresh start with life in general - think of this as another one. New skills, new job - new resort. It's newly renovated, so are you - celebrate together.

Congrats! Social work is such a versatile degree - I’ve done so much with my BSW!

If you want something a little bit more out of the ordinary for you, maybe now is the time to spring for CSR! If not now, when? Why not?

Pop as it's cheaper and has access to the new Skyliner. Line to Epcot might not be open yet but will be a nice experience likely to have access.

I can see you lounging beside the main pool at CSR and enjoying the many restaurants inside the main building. CSR has a grown up feel and a sophisticated vibe. Since you asked the question you must be seriously thinking of staying here. :)

CSR is new for you and will be worth the extra money in my opinion. You can have a lot more wandering around the lake, sitting and lounging at various restaurants, etc. And since it's a convention resort you will see many more single people (well, without their families) you can chat up if you choose.

CSR is lovely, and I wish I'd booked it again for this trip; would have if I'd known I was going solo.
It's a bit out of the way, but IMO, that's part of the charm. Not overly 'Disneyfied', but again, that's partly why I think we like it. DH gets a little tired of having IP shoved down his throat :confused3

You've made a fresh start with life in general - think of this as another one. New skills, new job - new resort. It's newly renovated, so are you - celebrate together.

I was always worried about the location, but it seems as if it's actually in the middle of it all and pretty short transportation times.
I also like how you think in regards to fresh starts, new life, new resort. Hmmm.....

Congrats OP... I say change it Up!!
Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Thank you! You guys are seriously steering me in this direction!!

Congrats! Social work is such a versatile degree - I’ve done so much with my BSW!

If you want something a little bit more out of the ordinary for you, maybe now is the time to spring for CSR! If not now, when? Why not?

I am looking forward to this new life and new challenges!! Thanks!
And again, this is also my thought "If not now, when?"

Pop as it's cheaper and has access to the new Skyliner. Line to Epcot might not be open yet but will be a nice experience likely to have access.

I agree, it's cheaper. And the new Skyliner is an interesting addition. Would I actually get on the thing is another question....lol. They don't have AC!! In Florida! Yikes!

I can see you lounging beside the main pool at CSR and enjoying the many restaurants inside the main building. CSR has a grown up feel and a sophisticated vibe. Since you asked the question you must be seriously thinking of staying here. :)

Definitely seriously thinking about this. It would be such a nice relaxing vacation from my busy life of school, work and two teenage daughters. Ha! The idea of lounging by the pool and enjoying the resort grounds has me thinking this is the way to go.

CSR is new for you and will be worth the extra money in my opinion. You can have a lot more wandering around the lake, sitting and lounging at various restaurants, etc. And since it's a convention resort you will see many more single people (well, without their families) you can chat up if you choose.

And here is another unique aspect of CSR: Other single adults, not looking quite out of place. Not that I'm worried about this, but if I could have a random chat with someone at the bar, I'd be ok with that.

Alright, one more look at my budget and I will make this final decision. Gotta get on it quick, don't want to miss out on any availability for this deal.
Thanks everyone!!!!

I have usually stayed at Value resorts just because I am rarely in the room but my last trip I stayed at POFQ and have to say I really enjoyed being in a moderate resort. The room was comfortable, slightly larger than the value ones. I will probably stay moderate from now on

I agree, it's cheaper. And the new Skyliner is an interesting addition. Would I actually get on the thing is another question....lol. They don't have AC!! In Florida! Yikes!

We will see if its an issue next summer but for October I doubt it would be an issue. Yes its hot but there is no way its that big of an oversight that they didn't test for the heat.

I've stayed at both, both with my son and both as a solo. If you can swing the money, I'd go for CSR. I prefer the moderates to the values as a solo because they have quiet pools and they have hot tubs at the big pools. I love to take a break in the day and soak in a hot tub with a refreshing adult beverage. The quiet pools tend be good for those early morning swims or just to relax with not as many people around. CSR is newly renovated with some new restaurants and lounges, which I'd love to try and I just like the look and feel of CSR. Pop tends to be a one night place for me, it's a little too busy and loud and in the public spaces for me and I do like to spend some time at the resorts and relax instead of all day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter