Deck 2?

ofiesty4u

<font color=33FF99>What man in the US hasn't been
We've never cruised before so we don't know anything about location... I noticed the other day that we're in a room on deck 2. Is this a good thing? What are the pros and cons in the different decks?

however can't tell you anything about the other locations since we have only cruised once! :D Our cabin was forward which I would have changed had I known ahead of time. We could feel a lot of motion being so far forward. Other than that, we were close to the elevators, and had no problem getting around. You will find once on board, the ship is set up so well, you could have a broom closet for a cabin and still have a great time!
I hope you have an incredible trip!:)

However, I have been down to deck one for the med center , been to decks 3-4 for entertainment and food and I can honestly say all decks are fine.. WAY better than HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
relax you will so enjoy your cruise it will be the most magical time of your life!

We have been on deck 2 for all of our cruises and in my opion the best place to be is mid ship.....very little motion and very convenient to most of the restaurants and shops.....Andy

Originally posted by xABearx
We have been on deck 2 for all of our cruises and in my opion the best place to be is mid ship.....very little motion and very convenient to most of the restaurants and shops.....Andy

I told my TA that I wanted a room in the middle to avoid too much motion, but didn't know anything about the decks. I'm beginning to get VERY excited!!
silly-woohoo.gif

I like to hear from people who've already been there!

love-flowersforyou3.gif

We have been on deck 2 for our 2 DCL cruises and were very happy....One night people on the higher decks were complaining because they could feel the motion of the ship... but not down on deck 2... things were nice and smooth..:teeth:

We cruised once on level 6 and once on level 2. We were about mid-ship/aft both times. I enjoyed both. Similar movement and noise levels. I have heard that some of level 2s are loud but we were under the galley and had NO noise. Level 2 is close to the restaurants and the gangways on port days. Level 6 was closer to the kids clubs and the pools. When we rebooked, we chose level 2.

Just returned from sept 3 day and loved deck 2.
Felt little motion, even though on our first night the boat was REALLY moving due to waves from Isabell.
DH also noticed the higher you went deck wise the hotter it got, deck 2 was nice and cool.
We were under the cadillac lounge, don't know if it was the lounge or the ship motion but did notice "creeking" in the ceiling the first night.
Would definitley want deck 2 again.

:wave2: Hi ofiesty4u! I see you live in Sayreville. I grew up there and my parents still live there!! One of my brothers and his family live there, too. I was just in Sayreville last week. It has changed a lot since when I was growing up (just to give you an idea, I graduated from high school in 1979). I'll be in Sayreville again soon.... my mom's dying, that's why I'll be back :(

Anyway...to keep this post on topic... Just wanted to say that DH and I cruised this summer on a Royal Caribbean ship, on their deck 4 which is really equal to Disney's deck 2. We were forward and did feel some motion but we rather enjoyed it....felt like we were being rocked to sleep at night and I have to say I've never slept better in my entire life than I did that week! Just like on our RCI cruise, you'll be just one deck below where a lot of the activities take place, such as the restaurants and lounges. I think you'll be fine there!! Until we upgraded to a cat 6 cabin, we had cabin #2026 booked for our Disney cruise next summer, and I was very happy at the prospect of that location :)

Originally posted by SeaSpray
:wave2: Hi ofiesty4u! I see you live in Sayreville. I grew up there and my parents still live there!! One of my brothers and his family live there, too. I was just in Sayreville last week. It has changed a lot since when I was growing up (just to give you an idea, I graduated from high school in 1979). I'll be in Sayreville again soon.... my mom's dying, that's why I'll be back :(

Anyway...to keep this post on topic... Just wanted to say that DH and I cruised this summer on a Royal Caribbean ship, on their deck 4 which is really equal to Disney's deck 2. We were forward and did feel some motion but we rather enjoyed it....felt like we were being rocked to sleep at night and I have to say I've never slept better in my entire life than I did that week! Just like on our RCI cruise, you'll be just one deck below where a lot of the activities take place, such as the restaurants and lounges. I think you'll be fine there!! Until we upgraded to a cat 6 cabin, we had cabin #2026 booked for our Disney cruise next summer, and I was very happy at the prospect of that location :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother... I'm going through a similar thing right now, my grandfather is in a hospital in NC, my family is all there now, they're just waiting... he's slowly fading...
:(

We LOVE Sayreville, it really is a nice little town... we lived in Staten Island before this (2 years ago) so I was just happy to get off that island...lol

I'm originally from NC, moved to Staten Island 6 years ago to be with my man, who was born and raised in Brooklyn... all I have to say about that is "the things you do for love". :teeth:

I'm glad to hear that deck 2 isn't as bad as I was picturing I was beginning to worry.

Take care... :wave:

Our first cruise was a 3 day Wonder and we were in the Walt Disney Suite. It was very nice but there was alot of noise from the deck above. :rolleyes: Our second cruise was on the Magic Eastern on deck 2. We had a great time - could walk up one flight to dinner and didn't have to wait for the elevators. We rebooked for deck 2 on our upcomming Magic Western. :teeth:

Hello,

We were on our first cruise this past March and we were on deck 2, room 2570, I believe. It was in the middle and not to far from the elevators. It was great being able to walk up a couple of fliglhts of stairs and be to decks 3, 4, and 5 where most of the shops, restaurants and entertainment were. Also did'nt have to use the elevators on excursion days as you depart from the ship on deck 1. It was a wonderful cruise, and husband and I celebrated our 25 wedding anniversary!! You are in for a real treat and a very special time. If we are able to go again in 2005, I will try and get in the same area if not the same cabin.

Mowanda

We were on Deck 2- near midship- in May and while I think our entire cruise had pretty smooth seas, it was a GREAT location for us. We never felt any motion (we were concerned with DH getting motion sickness) and it was quiet and peaceful the whole time. WE had a porthole room and it was great to look out the window and be not too far above the water gliding by underneath- very peaceful and relaxing. I can't wait until our next cruise!! Have fun on yours! You'll have a BLAST!

Originally posted by NikSwims
We were on Deck 2- near midship- in May and while I think our entire cruise had pretty smooth seas, it was a GREAT location for us. We never felt any motion (we were concerned with DH getting motion sickness) and it was quiet and peaceful the whole time. WE had a porthole room and it was great to look out the window and be not too far above the water gliding by underneath- very peaceful and relaxing. I can't wait until our next cruise!! Have fun on yours! You'll have a BLAST!

Thanks!! I hope we'll have a blast, I just got a little pixie dust from my TA, our hotel was upgraded from the CBR to the Dolphin!!

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter