Deck 7 vs Deck 9 Fantasy

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
We have sailed her twice, both times on deck 7 port (I think...side that faces terminal at CC). Upcoming we want to try starboard side. Trying to decide if we should try a new deck too...9 is available. We will be aft either way. Connecting room either way. We like deck 7. Any pros to deck 9? I think it is $150 more or so but no big deal.

We liked deck 9 and were only able to get 8 starboard for our next trip. I'd rather have had 9, but it does cost more; especially more than deck 7. I liked that it was easier to get an elevator going down from deck 9 mid. Also, you could just walk up a couple of floors to deck 11. It was convenient.

We have stayed deck 7 portside aft, and deck 9 starboard side aft. I would choose deck 9 aft again simply because it was so much shorter up to Cabanas, the adult pool decks etc. Now being aft, you have to walk a ways to the adult only sections, but we learned to go up the midship stairs and it drops you right by the ice cream station and then it is a short jaunt to the Cove etc. As far as port vs starboard, it only seemed to matter one way...meaning our veranda was in the direct sunshine one way. LOL In May, that makes it unusable, but in Feb when we cruised, it was tolerable.

The side that faces the terminal at PC is starboard. The side that faces the dock at CC is port.

We loved 7 because we almost ALWAYS used the stairs. (Edited to say ALWAYS not never after I went back and reread what I wrote.) Clubs were 2 decks and most activities were 3-4. While 9 would certainly be closer to the pools, we would always be using the elevators after any inside activity. For us, 7 was perfect.

Last edited:

Our favorite is 9. We have been on 7 on dream the first time and it was fine but we take the stairs as a rule- more calories out means more we can indulge at dinner etc. we like the convenience of being able to run up or down to pool area and beverage station quickly throughout the day and is insulated from the pool chair and walking noise you hear on 10 on pirate night.

we do the stairs a lot too, so I was thinking that deck 7 is best for that as it is more central.

Both rooms are on the same side of the ship, starboard.

Maybe I will just stick with the deck 7 that I have. Only pro to 9 seems to be closer to deck 11, but then again further from the lower decks for shopping, dinner, kids club etc. So I guess it is a wash.

We have sailed her twice, both times on deck 7 port (I think...side that faces terminal at CC). Upcoming we want to try starboard side. Trying to decide if we should try a new deck too...9 is available. We will be aft either way. Connecting room either way. We like deck 7. Any pros to deck 9? I think it is $150 more or so but no big deal.
Deck nine is easily walking distance to eleven. For 150 dollars, I would do it. If you ask me, and if are staying non concierge (in which in your case you are) deck 9 is by far the best deck due to the distance to the pools and outdoor decks. Deck 10 has a lot of noise problems and deck 9 has little to no noise. Choose deck 9, you won't regret it.

I will add that when we stayed on deck 9 it seemed much quieter than on deck 7. We had numerous kids running up and down the hallway at all times on deck 7 and loud adults talking ALL the way down the hall. Now this could be due to a number of factors; time of year sailed (Feb vs May), age range of kids on board, I was simply more cranky on the Feb sailing because I was turning 50. :rotfl2:

We didn't like 9 on Pirate night... even with the verandah closed, we could still hear the music. We love 7 or 8 as we too take the stairs alot.

Just changed our merrytime cruise to a HOTHS and have gone up from deck 5 aft to deck 7 mid (still starboard) so hoping we've made a good decision :)

I've stayed on both Deck 7 and Deck 9 and they seemed about the same to me. I'd save the money as I don't feel there is any real advantage to 9 over 7. Also as others said, if you're the type to use the stairs a lot, 7 is great because it's in the middle, so no deck is really hideously far away.

We love the starboard view at CC and have stayed on Deck 7 (Navigator's Verandah) with this view. We found this deck really quiet and moving up or down to other decks was no problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter