Decorating Question

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
Any suggestions on what I can put here in front of the outlet...it looks so bare.

thank you.

1668675789489.jpeg

A floor plant or maybe get some artwork that's very long so it extends down to just above the outlet.

If you want to go minimal and no maintenance, there are some very decorative night lights -- really great looking (LED so virtually zero energy consumed). We use them a lot (like the one in the photo attached) in situations like this. Completely changes the look and will still keep the other outlet free for your device there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.04.27 AM.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 3

Can you add another bar stool? From the pic, looks like plenty of room for another one.

I would either do a small 3 shelf stand or a nice wicker basket and toss a couple of pillows in there.

Agree with pretty basket...pillows , books or magazines. Or roll up a couple of pretty throws to put in basket.

I’m another vote for a floor plant, either real or fake (for me it would be fake),
There’s some really nice ones that look real until you look real close or touch it. I have a few and they were both pricey (like $40-$50), but that was ok with me because they last forever and are zero maintenance.

Nothing. Can't stand clutter and floor space being covered when it's not needed.
I wouldn't see clutter there especially with a tall but skinny floor plant. I see that space as is and feel it's cold and bare. I think the clutter would occur more on the counter top so if that's kept largely organized something down low will not make the rest of the space feel to closed in. Plus it adds some color in there and right now from the pic it's a lot of beige/brown (maybe even it's a shade of green perhaps a bit hard to tell on the island wall part) tones with the flooring color, wall color and island wall color.

One of these rolling carts would match your bar stool and put a punch of "color" there. Use the shelfs for you paper/mail station and anything else that might fill up on your bar (I can relate to that). A spot for a purse drop, extras for table if that is dining behind it, plants, bar cart etc. If you need space for entertaining or something roll it out.

1668892871534.png

I’d get a cute little accent chest like this, you could even put a little plant on top. Wayfair, homegoods and even hobby lobby are great places to find these little tables.A003190A-0B31-4C02-BC26-3AE902AAB92A.jpeg

What is that white bin between the plant and the artwork?

It looks like the electrical cord goes into that. Maybe an airfreshener or alexa device? Probably too dark in the corner to be successful with any type of live plant.

For the corner what about a set of shelves/dividers or something to hold office supplies since it seems like the counter is being used as a home office?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter