Delayed 2021 Reopening

Me, my sister and our 6 kids between us often visit at the end of August. We book it last minute and get really good deals. However we do drive there which is a big saving.
@bex7583 we always drive too, can I ask where you source your good August deals? Is it that you have an AP and then get good last minute hotel deals or do you do the whole thing thru Disney? We used to have APs when we didnt live at the very end of the very end of Cornwall!!

@bex7583 we always drive too, can I ask where you source your good August deals? Is it that you have an AP and then get good last minute hotel deals or do you do the whole thing thru Disney? We used to have APs when we didnt live at the very end of the very end of Cornwall!!

No we don't have annual passes we book the tickets online via a cash back site there is usually only a few £ difference in ticket price. One year we arrived late after midnight so lost all the pre booking discount off the ticket price so ended up having to pay gate price 🤢 so now we absolutely remember to book tickets first!

Yes we just book last minute hotel deals. One night we were leaving MK at 11pm and still hadn't booked that nights accommodation! There has never been a shortage of accommodation when we search , even availability for onsite hotels showing.

We have a new sign (again!)
750834c2-b9ef-48cf-a359-bfce9aa7efa8-news-20f15d52-0f71-4f88-8147-98a71de9b96f-c36e347c-ae99-4bb5-91df-46d998d4161d-Medaillon-scaled.jpg

They have released a list of the selfiespots for the reopening. The words 'new' come from website Pixiedust.be, but I think Colonel Hathi's spot and Cowboy Cookout were already used last year during the reopening. Met Minnie in both spots, in her Jungle Jive outfit and Cowgirl Minnie.

For the selfiespots they will not use Lineberty, as they did last year for Arendelle & Frosted (Kristof/Sven/Anna/Elsa & Olaf)
Spiderman at the Marvel hotel will only be available for people staying at the hotel and can book a spot via the app. This is interesting, makes me wonder if they will do away with Lineberty and have it included in the app.

I am there at least 18 and 19 June. And I might be there the 17th... there are still tickets for AP holders. There are tickets for basically any date, so they must have released more tickets, increasing % guests allowed in. Or the AP holders initially really hoarded the tickets.

Besides the last one with Disney and Pixar, no idea what is that, they are all known character spots. They promised that we could meet 60 characters, with below limited list of spots we can guarantee that characters will be switching off or couples.
At Town Square Donald & Daisy or Donald & Daisy rotating. I personally hope for couples.
They said something about princesses in Fantasyland, I do not see that below, but normally princesses can pop up at Plaza Gardens spot. Last year the princesses were with their prince at the Wishing Well, which is removed now. This is good as it was a terrible spot to take selfies.
Good to see Animagique back on the list, I hope they will do Cinderella & Fairy Godmother and the carriage again. I missed those last year.
And I also miss the one at Bella Notte where we met Pinocchio or Gepetto last year.

Disneyland Park
  • Selfie Spot with Disney Characters in Liberty Arcade
  • Town Square Selfie Spot
  • A funny selfie spot (near Ribbons and Bows Hat Shop)
  • Selfieplek met Disney-characters near Casey’s Corner
  • Sweet selfie spot (nabij Plaza Gardens Restaurant) NEW
  • Adventurous selfie spot (near Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost) NEW
  • Far West legend selfie spot (near Cowboy Cookout Barbecue) NEW
  • Selfieplek met Mickey and the gang
  • Dark Side Selfie Spot
  • Star Wars Legends selfiespot (at Videopolis) NEW
Walt Disney Studios
  • Magical Selfie Moments at the Animagique Theater
  • Kingdom of Arendelle Enchanted Moments at Animation Celebration
  • Frosted selfiespot at Animation Celebration
  • Heroic Experience in Studio Theater
  • Disney and Pixar NEW

You make an interesting suggestion about Magic Bands. I hadn't considered those due to the high amount of single day visitors and AP holders and the low amount of FP rides, but the language issue is something it could help with. When they do too little in French, the French audience complains (THe hub show for Frozen 2 in Jan 2020 got backlash from the French), if they do too much in French, the rest of the visitor complains.

I dont think they will be able to do that in the next 5-10 years, because it is DLP, not because technology is an issue.

Yep and we know the French are slow, at implementation. I mean avengers campus! But if Alton towers could add that system in cheaply and quickly for its 'your day' video service. (It failed, but was a 3rd party) Then I hope they could do something similar with rise of the resistance and frozen. Having a system that looks at a vehicle, workout 6 English people 1 french would mean it would make the obvious choice. (I think Indian, spanish and German too). Actually could you imagine if the boarding was discreetly done with different languages.

Is this problem part of not being open yet, or is it common to have a delay in the processing of a payment?

Today, I paid my remaining balance for our upcoming trip later this month. The Disney website gave me a green checkmark, and my credit card acknowledged the payment. However, when I check my reservation on the website, it still says it's not been paid in full.
I'll wait until tomorrow before calling, since I'm in Europe (not France) with an American cellphone... I'm trying not to have to call.

Perhaps related. When I check my account on the website, it states that my trip starts June 27 (not correct), while when I click on that specific reservation, it has the correct date of June 28. The Disney app on my phone also gives the correct date.

Does anyone else who has booked for the upcoming months come across strange things like this?

Is this problem part of not being open yet, or is it common to have a delay in the processing of a payment?

Today, I paid my remaining balance for our upcoming trip later this month. The Disney website gave me a green checkmark, and my credit card acknowledged the payment. However, when I check my reservation on the website, it still says it's not been paid in full.
I'll wait until tomorrow before calling, since I'm in Europe (not France) with an American cellphone... I'm trying not to have to call.

Perhaps related. When I check my account on the website, it states that my trip starts June 27 (not correct), while when I click on that specific reservation, it has the correct date of June 28. The Disney app on my phone also gives the correct date.

Does anyone else who has booked for the upcoming months come across strange things like this?
I do not have this problem, but today I tried to check in online via the app for my visit. That I couldn't do, but there was some sort of messsage about incorrect details.

Translated it says:
Is there a problem with your booking?
Do not worry if some elements of your booking are incorrect or missing (like the amount of rooms or people). Your reservation hasn't been changed and everything is confirmed! To see the full details of your booking, you have to use the reservation numbers of each room separately.

Translated it says:
Is there a problem with your booking?
Do not worry if some elements of your booking are incorrect or missing (like the amount of rooms or people). Your reservation hasn't been changed and everything is confirmed! To see the full details of your booking, you have to use the reservation numbers of each room separately.

That's somewhat reassuring 😁

I have a similar issue regarding the stay dates. We are booked from 2 August to 5 August, which shows correctly in the app and in my .pdf confirmation, but the information on the website says 1 August to 4 August. I emailed to ask about the discrepancy and haven't received any response. The app also shows the cost of my stay and my remaining balance (not due until July) in Euro even though we are booked and paying in US dollars (which is shown correctly on the website).

Update: the payment has been processed, took less then 24 hours to show up. The dates on my first page is still one day off. Mel2014, please let us know if you hear back from Disney regarding that.

I've decided to continue booking everything next week. I held off as long as I could just in case France changed tiers for the Netherlands. I hoped I could skip the test and hop on an earlier flight, but it seems.. ain't gonna happen. So I'll arrive at DLP in the evening on the 17th, and have two almost full days on 18 and 19.

So happy to go back, I need a break!

I've decided to continue booking everything next week. So I'll arrive at DLP in the evening on the 17th, and have two almost full days on 18 and 19.

Have a great time and please come back here to share how your visit was!

Also, if you can, please share where you get tested near DLP to get back to the Netherlands.

Last edited:
They have increased capacity already, or more tickets reserved by AP holders got cancelled. Almost all weekends in July and August are available for AP holders again.

Disneyland Paris reopened today for AP holders :D
I have been monitoring several social media accounts of people in the park and this is the summary. Spoilers ahead ;-)

Mainly these 4 Twitter accounts, I will post some pictures at the bottom, but for all, have a look at these accounts:
ED92Magic, DLPReport, CharactersPBlog, InsideDlpCastle

General
  • New sign when entering + music
  • The AP holders now have 3 gates on the left to enter the park via the private entrance
  • Swing into Spring décor from 2016 is back
  • Extra décor at lamp posts etc. new posters in the Studios
  • Filmstrip in the Studios repainted.
  • Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast has reopened, new led lights, better projections etc.
  • Route 66 has opened! It’s the Tram Tour with a Cars overlay. It looks more interesting now, but I don’t think it ever will be a favourite (of mine)
  • There are charging stations against payment
Refurbishments
  • In general, lots of refurbishment done on roofs, streets, facades have been painted and the entire park looks fresh.
  • Sleeping Beauty artwork at the back of the castle for the refurbishment. The castle itself is covered as well, except the top tower.
  • The Chapperal Theater is now named the Frontierland Theater and all the theming is done. They have added a water wheel.
  • The Barbershop has been reopened! I haven’t seen it in use in all the 12 years I am a regular visitor!
  • Studio D is done and ready for guests as of 1st of July in the Studios
Covid measures (different from last Summer)
  • Most rides have plexiglass dividers (not Ratatouille)
  • Phantom Manor has dividers in the stretch room
  • Terraces are socially distanced, also in the Lucky Nugget plenty of space between tables.
Characters
They did deliver with loads of character sightings!
  • Mickey/Minnie/Pluto/Goofy/Chip/Dale to welcome you at the train station at opening, Minnie & Mickey at park closing
  • Daisy at the Gazebo, Donald at the beginning of Main Street on your left, Goofy on your right.
  • Pooh at the end of Main Street, left opposite Caseys. Tigger, switching off with Eyeore, right opposite Plaza Gardens.
  • Cinderella & Prince at the Auberge courtyard, in front of the carriage
  • Rabbit opposite Small World? (Not sure about the location)
  • Mickey, Goofy & Pluto together in the Fantasyland Theater
  • Mickey switching off with Daisy or Donald next to Nautilus in their Stars on Parade costumes
  • Chewbacca, Rey & Stormtroopers at Videopolis
  • Captain Hook switches off with Captain Jack Sparrow next to Pirates of the Caribbean, above the restaurant.
  • Chip & Dale switch off with Clarice next to Colonel Hathis restaurant (the little nook between Adventureland and Frontierland). All three in Jungle Jive outfits
  • Jack Skellington next to Phantom Manor
  • Cowboy Goofy switching off with Cowgirl Minnie next to the Cowboy Cookout

• Buzz Lightyear to welcome you on the stage left of Tower of Terror, switching off with Max & Goofy
  • Buzz/Woody/Jessie switching off at the Disney and Pixar place between Crush and Toy Storyland
  • Kristoff & Sven and Anna & Elsa in the Art of Animation building
  • Olaf also in the Art of Animation building, but on the other side.
  • Magic shot with Kevin from Up! – No other Magic Shots reported yet.
‘Parades’

• Princess float from the Princess & Pirates Festival is in use, with Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana and Belle.
  • Mickey/Minnie/Pluto in the tricycles.
  • Stitch in the Stich car from Stars & Cars
  • Cheshire Cat train with characters from Alice in Wonderland (Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Hatter & Alice)

• Cruella, Aladdin, Remi in their cars from Stars & Cars in the Studios
  • Incredibles on their hoover boards (not the right word, but what is?) In the Studios
Food

• New ice cream at the Hyperion, an Olaf and Lightsaber ice cream.
  • Another Olaf ice cream, I think this was at the Fantasia ice cream bar
  • Mickey & Minnie shortbread cookies (to be determined where)
  • New desserts at Plaza Gardens
Characters in unique costumes
E37fovmXIAwaJcZ

New Desserts at Plaza Gardens

E37NxJuUcAoZSnh

Art at the back of the Castle to cover up for the refurbishment
E37DF-RVcAAPEXy

Some updates:
- Rabbit is next to L'Arbre Magique.
- Red Queen is in the same spot as last year behind the Tea Cups
- Snow & Prince are moved away from the wishing well. They moved right next to the towers to Bella Notte, the character door on the left.
- Boba Fett is switching off with Rey & Chewbacca
- Minnie is also in the mix in the Fantasyland Theater
- Rafiki is on the way to Indiana Jones
Both Rafiki and Donald on Main Street have some decor where they can stay behind.

The wishing well is accessible, but not the rest of the path right from castle stage to the castle.

The Mickey & Minnie Shortbread can be bought opposite Big Thunder Mountain

France has announced an early ending to certain measures, like the curfew and the mask mandate outside. As per the 20th. Masks might still be required in queues etc. but we have to wait what DLP will say

What I saw today on social media :

- Pinocchio/Gepetto at Bella Notte
- Magic shot with Star Wars characters near Star Tours
- Today it's getting hot at DLP, and Mickey is wearing his Stars on Parade outfit, but without the warm coat and hat.
- The Panoramagique Balloon is open in Disney Village
- Sulley at his regular spot in the Studios
- Marvel characters in the Studios theater

Several highlighted the several things that got refurbished, like the gazebo on Main Street, the fountain at Small World, the fountain at Ratatouille.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter