Delayed Access to Site Due to Spike in Demand

That's so strange! Also, June 23rd, of 2021? What a random date!
That's the 7 month mark before the date I'm trying to book (or really setup a waitlist for). Except it's my home resort, so even that doesn't make sense!

Definitely no discount - we just want to get bill out of the way - a week or two - no difference.

I will check website in a few minutes. I don't want to transfer my Disney Rewards onto my Rewards card until I know I can see the dues statement.

I pay a good chunk with DGC's. I have a few contracts to pay off today (I didn't quite pay enough purposely) with gift cards. I have a 5% grocery next quarter on Chase so I can finish up with that if necessary.

I pay lots of things ahead or in full if it saves me $$. I've paid for the GC's already so better to use them right off. I definitely want to wait until the website is up and running correctly so those GC's don't get lost!

Happened to me just now, but didn’t take long. Was more upset that there was no
Chat.

I can get on the site, but when I try to search for a stay in January 2022, it tells me I'm outside of my booking window...

View attachment 631272

I also got that during a search on Tuesday I think after having tried to complete a booking and having it bomb. Closed and tried again and it worked. :rolleyes:

I feel like we, as owners who PAY for this service, should be allowed to withhold payment (or a portion of it) until this is fixed. If our administrative fees pay for a functioning website and working phone lines, then that is what should be delivered. I know that is an unrealistic expectation, but it really should not be that way.

I just called and the woman said it was working for a bit this morning but down again. She said they are anticipating it will be fixed this afternoon. It is truly amazing that a company this size has so many IT issues.

I've tried a few times to get into the site (put in a waiting room) and then to the dues section (which currently shows as blank) and then was prompted to give feedback on the site. Needless to say I filled up the 500 character box of what I would like to see changed about the site. They really have to work out these IT issues....the site feels held together with household glue and pixie dust.

Got through to the dues page. I owe less than expected for both my BWV and SSR contracts.

Edit: I can’t see the dues statements, but I can see the overview page.

There has to be other websites that have FAR MORE demand than Disney Vacation Club. It's so confusing to me why they're site is always down during busy times. Other things on earth also have high demand and I don't think I've ever encountered this. Trying to log on now and got put in the queue.

Got through to the dues page. I owe less than expected for both my BWV and SSR contracts.

Edit: I can’t see the dues statements, but I can see the overview page.
It took me a couple tries to view my statement. Once you can view the statement page you'll see there is a credit from 2021 property taxes. Mine was ~$80 for our mid-February prorated contract at SSR.

mail

Dear Member,

Your 2022 Annual Dues Statement and annual Privacy Notice are now available online. The due date to make your Annual Dues payment in full is January 15th. You can pay online or register for autopay by clicking here. View the Privacy Notice here. By setting up Dues autopay, you can enjoy the magic of Membership without the worry of missing a payment. All Members are eligible to register for automatic annual Dues payments with a credit card. To be eligible for monthly automatic Dues payments, a bank account in the United States is required.

If you are paying by check or use online BillPay through your bank, please make the payment payable to DVC Association Manager and mail to:

28397 Network Place
Chicago, IL 60673-1283

Please do not mail checks to 1390 Celebration. This office is now closed. Checks mailed to this address may be forwarded or returned by the US postal mail service and cause delays to processing your payment.

To avoid late fees and interest assessments, Annual Dues payments must be posted to your account by February 14th. Late fees and interest occur on February 15th, and each month thereafter on any past due balance.

If you are or were a debtor in bankruptcy, to the extent your original obligation has been discharged by or is subject to an automatic stay of bankruptcy, this notice is for informational and compliance purposes only. It is not an attempt to collect a debt, a demand for payment, or an attempt to impose personal liability for that debt against you.

Thank you for being a valued Disney Vacation Club Member. We look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Disney Vacation Club Member Accounting

So I was unable to get through with the link, seriously? After being booted out of chat six times I got this...

"I am sorry to hear that. At this time there is a challenge with this, Member Accounting might be able to assist by phone, would you like that number?"

I declined. "A challenge"? Own it DVC...your IT is terrible!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter