Delayed Access to Site Due to Spike in Demand

So funny thing...

I went to the member site and tried to log in. Immediately, I was sent to the "you have been placed in the queue..." page. I backed out and went back to the home page (not logged in) and started "shopping around". I went to the page that told me information about how to add on...I browsed a little bit like I was interested in buying more points (NOT!) and then I tried to log in again....POOF! Magically I was able to log in without delay! I went right to my dashboard, saw my annual dues statement and printed it out without any glitches or problems whatsoever. Who knew? All I had to do was do a little window shopping and I was able to skip the line entirely!
Thank You! I was able to do this too. If you go onto the site and go to the section where you can request a dvd, it lets you sign in. I guess they are prioritizing traffic to people they think will spend money.

I am well aware of the problems and I think it’s ridiculous as well. I just think demanding someone’s job because you are inconvenienced is a bit much. I guarantee you, if that guy gets fired (and I doubt if it’s one guy), it will have zero effect. People keep buying points, people keep buying anything Disney sells, and people will keep complaining while handing over fistfuls of cash for the Disney “magic.” I’ve been a member for 20+ years and this Is how Disney operates. Expecting them to suddenly have their act together will lead to disappointment.

BTW, I had zero issues logging in and seeing my dues statement.
So you are ok with just accepting bad service and just saying well that is the way it is. If everyone keeps doing that nothing will ever get better. Yes it may have been just a inconvenience but if people just keep saying oh well nothing will ever improve. Disney has been going down a slippery slope for years because people just keep accepting stuff like this. If this was just a one time problem it would be different but the problems with disney IT has been a ongoing issue for a long time.

Just went to the site at 12:38am and still had to wait in the queue for 5 minutes. just ridiculous
The fact that Disney can’t build a website to handle max capacity baffles me. It happens on shopDisney too. They are already leveraging AWS as a company, so why they can’t or won’t build in additional elastic load capacity doesn’t make sense. People are trying to give Disney money and Disney is unable to take it fast enough.

I finally go through to put my credit card payment in. THen it kept rejecting my card. At first I thought I was my card but I’ve used it several times since for other things. This is my first year paying dues as a new owner, I can’t believe how difficult Disney makes it to just give them money.
Same.

I'm mildly annoyed about the queue, but I'm really annoyed that I waited in the queue to get on, then finally got on, then tried to pay them money, and they rejected my credit card (I had also used this same card for an online purchase 15 minutes before this with no issues).

So, I wasted 10 minutes for no reason. And I will either have to do it again or call Member Accounting. They should be crediting us for wasting our time.

I got the "waiting in queue" page this morning at 4:15 AM EST.

I never realized how busy the site would be at that time of day. LOL

So sad.

So funny thing...

I went to the member site and tried to log in. Immediately, I was sent to the "you have been placed in the queue..." page. I backed out and went back to the home page (not logged in) and started "shopping around". I went to the page that told me information about how to add on...I browsed a little bit like I was interested in buying more points (NOT!) and then I tried to log in again....POOF! Magically I was able to log in without delay! I went right to my dashboard, saw my annual dues statement and printed it out without any glitches or problems whatsoever. Who knew? All I had to do was do a little window shopping and I was able to skip the line entirely!
Today I was put into the queue again, so I tried your trick. It worked! That, IMO, is pathetic. DVC is obviously letting those that appear to be “shopping” to cut the line at the expense of other DVC members trying to get into the site those members PAY FOR.

This is bad. All I can think of is that they are trying to keep us off the site so that it’s free for the folks using the genie+ system. Sure, there are some ways around it right now, but pretty sure those loopholes will be closed. My love for Disney has been fading for years and it’s not getting any better. We need a better, stronger website. It was their idea to add all this extra stuff to the website and now I feel like it’s us paying the price by being limited to access. I’m pretty sure this queue will continue, especially when we are trying to book our hard to get rooms during the tougher times of the year.

So funny thing...

Today I was put into the queue again, so I tried your trick. It worked! That, IMO, is pathetic. DVC is obviously letting those that appear to be “shopping” to cut the line at the expense of other DVC members trying to get into the site those members PAY FOR.

I just tried the trick and it didn't work for me. Just went into the queue again. I'll try it again later though since I know it will happen again ugh.

Yeah, I’ve been stalking for reservations and the only way to get past that screen for me has been to pretend to shop. I’ve never gotten around the screen by just waiting but granted I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes before giving up and using the trick.

I just tried the trick and it didn't work for me. Just went into the queue again. I'll try it again later though since I know it will happen again ugh.
Browse like you’re going to shop without logging in. Then click on “My dashboard.” At that point it will let you log in without hitting the queue.

Try this...

1) DO NOT LOG IN...
2) Under "Explore Membership", go to the "Cost of Membership" tab
3) Scroll down to "Get Started"
4) You will see a tab to "Sign in"....log in from that option. I did it multiple times and EVERY time, I was immediately logged in without hitting the queue.

It's ridiculous that I have to take these steps, but hey, if it works for now, I will do it. I hope this helps.

Try this...

1) DO NOT LOG IN...
2) Under "Explore Membership", go to the "Cost of Membership" tab
3) Scroll down to "Get Started"
4) You will see a tab to "Sign in"....log in from that option. I did it multiple times and EVERY time, I was immediately logged in without hitting the queue.

It's ridiculous that I have to take these steps, but hey, if it works for now, I will do it. I hope this helps.

If I run into this problem I will definitely try this. So far, no issues.

Ok, was just a theory. It seems so random who’s getting it and who is not.
I wonder if it has anything to do with whatever page/link people are accessing the site from. I have it login to my dashboard and haven't had any problems logging in. I did get the queue when trying to get to the dues page at times. Today the dues page is finally showing up properly for me though I had been able to set up monthly payments even when it was kind of wonky.

Glad I hopped on here and saw the dues issues wasn't just me. Online it keeps saying that I am paying more than what's due, and even after deciding to just go thru with the payment anyway - it wont work!

So that was yesterday - today I call DVC membership. On hold for over an hour - get a quick 'hey how can I help you?' and immediately get disconnected!!!

🤬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter