Delete Thread

Bummer The Wave buffet was so disappointing, i had been thinking of trying it sometime!

(I took this picture with portrait mode and I think he looks like a bourbon model in it :lovestruc He's too handsome).

Love it when people get all gush-y over their significant others, it's adorable!

24pOJKvl.jpg

So pretty! (You, not the steak :laughing:)

That's a beautiful sunset!

What a beautiful picture of the sunset you captured!

So, we ate at Yachtsman's during our anniversary, and I have Shula's for our anniversary. We thought Yachtsman's was awesome, ESPECIALLY that amazing bread and the garlic. I know you said you favor Shula's more, but how do you feel like they compare as far as food quality?

Ah Raeven! Your pictures at Yachtsman are making me so hungry!!! I have never had a bad meal there or bad service. I guess that's why we keep going back...:smooth:

I also told Josh now I had garlic and onion breath which is everyone's dream for a nice date night :rotfl:

tenor-4-gif.339205

Haha but that's the best part of the meal!!

Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Orecchiette Pasta, smoked gouda, sweet peppers, spinach

vGVyykhl.jpg

I didn't really remember the description I had read online leading up to this having sweet peppers and spinach in it. It was still good, but there were a lot of different flavors in it, and I'm not sure they all worked together as well as they should.

This looks new! I have not had this version before. Must be seasonal.

Gorgeous picture!

(Not a great picture, but you can see how 100% of his attention is on the steaks :rotfl:)
Such focus! :rotfl:
The regular basket was a mix of sour dough rolls and the Yachtsman's famed onion pull apart rolls:

Served with salted butter and garlic:
I want to go here mainly for these rolls and the garlic... even though I don't like onions much. But I feel like I have to try the rolls!

I got Bernaise sauce, and the beef fat potatoes since I've heard @kastoney rave about them.
Also why I want to try the beef fat potatoes... :scratchin:
Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Orecchiette Pasta, smoked gouda, sweet peppers, spinach

I didn't really remember the description I had read online leading up to this having sweet peppers and spinach in it.
I don't remember seeing peppers anytime I've looked at this menu (which has been most trips). I like some things in my mac and cheese, but usually not peppers...
I tried some of the potatoes gratin, and it was really delicious and cheesy, much better than the one I had the night before, and I would've eaten more if I had the room, but I didn't even finish all my food. :rotfl2:
Mmmmmm...

I love your sunset pictures! They came out great!

Haha but that's the best part of the meal!!

:thumbsup2

This looks new! I have not had this version before. Must be seasonal.

I didn't think I had seen it previously when I saw it in one of your DTRs, I think it must be.

Gorgeous picture!

Thank you!

Such focus! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I want to go here mainly for these rolls and the garlic... even though I don't like onions much. But I feel like I have to try the rolls!

These were good! And I'm not a huge fan of onion either although I have been enjoying it in/on things more often in the last year or 2.

I don't remember seeing peppers anytime I've looked at this menu (which has been most trips). I like some things in my mac and cheese, but usually not peppers...

It depends I think. I remember that one at F&W was delicious and I think it had peppers in it. (But those might've been spicy these were sweet). Anyway I didn't feel like it went together well in that mac and cheese though.

I love your sunset pictures! They came out great!

Thank you, I was really happy with the colors in them!

Mike and I went to Yachtsman's years ago and I think it's time we went back, your dinner looked so good…and those rolls :love:

Gorgeous sunset photo of you and Josh :-)

(Also notice my handy editing skills. The blurry part of the picture is actually a lady I edited out of the picture :laughing: I didn't use any fancy software though so it didn't come out completely right. I thought she'd appreciate that I took her out because she was shoving french fries in her mouth and glaring angrily at the camera :rotfl:).
That's really funny.

After our meet and greet we left the park for a special snack over at the Boardwalk...

Ample Hills :hyper:
This is my favorite ice cream on property. Whenever we are staying over at an Epcot resort we have to make a stop.

It was really good although I preferred the dark chocolate to the ooey gooey butter cake. Next time I'll probably stick to one flavor, and ask if they have any smaller sizes though.
They do serve a huge portion of ice cream, it's hard to finish. It looks delicious though. And I had no clue there were bees nests under those tables that is terrifying and I will not be googling it.

I've been wanting to go to Sci-Fi for years now since I went with my friend back in like 2008. I have it scheduled for two upcoming trips, but we always seem to end cancelling it before we get to it so we'll see if we make it this time.

Haha, now I want to see the unedited picture with the angry lady shoving fries in her face!

We haven’t been to Sci-Fi since our first trip, and I wasn’t feeling that great the day we were there so I didn’t eat much... maybe I should add it to my list for one of our upcoming trips...

I also need to actually try Ample Hills! I had a cone of...bubble gum ice cream I think? But it was just for a photo shoot and it was taken away from me before I could eat more than a few bites (to be fair, I was in my wedding dress and everyone was worried it would drop on me...).

That’s disappointing that cookie cone was stale, it sounds really good!

I drug Zack out of Epcot EMH back in January to go to Ample Hills :rotfl: I really like the ooey gooey butter cake! Too bad the cookie cone wasn't very good. I've stuck with waffle cones each time. I keep wanting to ask for the flight of flavors, but I don't remember seeing it out... plus I want a waffle cone... plus I don't want to share :rotfl:

I wish I never knew about that bee's nest. I did not find that photo but I"m ok with that.

I have one question about this restaurant are you back in time at a space themed drive in, or are you back in time and in space? I thought it was the second one, but I could be wrong.

fS52l07.gif
Hmm, I guess I always thought it was just a sci-fi themed drive-in...but I've never actually been!

Pretty good as Magical Star cocktails always are. I don't have a lot to say about this because it's one of those Disney cocktails thats on almost every menu.
We have them here too!

We walked into the Boardwalk to get some air conditioning, and if you've seen the picture of the giant bee's nest on the Boardwalk under one of those red tables you'd know the immense relief I feel that we made that decision.

giphy-3-gif.340875

(Google it, it's terrifying!)
Oh I know - just WOW!

SciFi! Woo!! One of my top ten favorites since my very first trip. It has nothing to do with the food and everything to do with how awesome it is in there. (although food wise, i'm still incredibly disappointed they took off the salmon blt, b/c I would eat that thing for every meal.

(Also notice my handy editing skills. The blurry part of the picture is actually a lady I edited out of the picture :laughing: I didn't use any fancy software though so it didn't come out completely right. I thought she'd appreciate that I took her out because she was shoving french fries in her mouth and glaring angrily at the camera :rotfl:).

she's the one who needs the cocktail. You've got fries in your face lady, quit being grouchy about cameras! #PeopleOfDisney

Magical Star Cocktail
X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multicolored Glow Cube

uS5OW5Xl.jpg

this drink will always put a smile on my face b/c it's what the server at HBD gave Matt when he couldn't decide what he wanted...and then the guy at the table next to us ended up with one too. It's a pretty good drink!!

(I'm glad Josh is sleeping right now because he snickers every time I say the name :rotfl:).

Well. I'd never thought about the name before, but now I'm not sure I can hear/say it without laughing a little too :rotfl: It's slightly more subtle than Hooters and Twin Peaks though, LOL

I decided to get the ooey gooey butter cake

this is what I had... The actual pieces of ooey gooey butter cake in the basket by the register was really good though.

I have this problem where I read about ice cream or dessert and I build it up in my mind like it's going to be earth shattering, but then it's just...ice cream. After our visit there I was disappointed (but also we'd all been fighting about what to do for dinner and ended up there when I really wanted regular food, so I was not in the best mood) and said I never needed to go again. But now that a lot of time has passed, I feel like I would enjoy it for what it is - ice cream. Because ice cream is good, and why the heck did I have to be so grumpy about it??

Thank goodness matt is home with dinner now, because this made me so hungry, LOL!

I laughed at you taking the angry fry-eater out of your photo! I'm sure it's for the best.

And I think that's soo disappointing that the cookie cone wasn't really any good, because that seems like the perfect vehicle for eating ice cream. :(

I have one question about this restaurant are you back in time at a space themed drive in, or are you back in time and in space? I thought it was the second one, but I could be wrong.
I have seriously never contemplated this. I just assumed it was the first one, but who knows now :confused3

Also notice my handy editing skills. The blurry part of the picture is actually a lady I edited out of the picture :laughing: I didn't use any fancy software though so it didn't come out completely right. I thought she'd appreciate that I took her out because she was shoving french fries in her mouth and glaring angrily at the camera
Those are some serious skills there. Though is is bad that I now want to see the original photo and the shoving french fries lady

I felt like the burger was pretty good, but just a tad overcooked which I didn't think it should be for $18. The fries were good though, and the theming in there can't be beat.
Sorry it was overcooked. We've always enjoyed our burgers here largely because its one of the few places we've found where you can have it cooked to order.

(I'm glad Josh is sleeping right now because he snickers every time I say the name :rotfl:).
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: How have I and my ample hills never thought of this :P

I decided to get the ooey gooey butter cake, and the dark chocolate on a chocolate chip cookie cone. I didn't ask for any particular size, and they didn't ask me, but I will say there were maybe like 4-5 scoops in this which seemed like way too much for one person.[/QUOTE
Wow, that is a lot of ice cream. We've never done the ample hills :rotfl: but I'm sure we will be there a few times next month since we are staying right there. I travel to work often to St. Louis which is the home of ooey gooey butter cake so I am dying to try this as it is a personal fav.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter