Dell

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
People can become quite divided about the merits or faults in Apple products; what about Dell? I'm tempted to get a cheap end Dell PC for the purposes of games emulation, sporting Windows 11, an i5 processor, an OK amount of RAM, a small SSD and a small form factor (with all the trimmings like HDMI out, USB3, VGA, DVD-RAM and so on.)

My new Dell computer will be here Friday. It will replace my 16 year old Dell, whose hardware still functions perfectly, but will not support the latest software. Love Dell products.

I have owned both Dell & HP laptops and never had any issues. With any type of computer you need to consider how it will be used and what size screen works for you. I like laptops with the larger screen size and real keyboard since it is easier to use. I don't need a touchscreen for surfing the net, shopping or emails and those tend to cost more. A lot of the fancier features/memory/processors/etc. just drive up the cost for capabilities you might not need. When my color inkjet printer died a few years ago got a black&white laser printer which works great with either PC. I don't print a lot so that dry powder in a laser printer lasts a long time, has been very reliable and doesn't clog up like most liquid ink cartridges.

I gave up printing in color at home since if you don't do that frquently, the nozzles tend to clog and color replacement cartidges are pricey. Printing color pictures is easy/economical to do online through any local drug store or a number of other printing websites. Supposedly the printer can also operate wirelessly but have never gotten that to work and just get some cryptic error message when I try to connect. So now I just use the usb port with a printer cable when printing. Don't think that is the fault of the PC but am sure not calling any help desk for an hour of 'try this/try that' from someone who probably knows less about it then I do.................LOL.

I used to hate on dell as an enthusiast, but they serve their purpose..I do use many of their monitors. And spent years servicing their equipment at work (servers, desktops...~2000 machines) I was certified to do their warranty work and they won me over as business machines.

I had a Dell that lasted for over 15 years. I thought it was fine. When it died, I was gifted a second hand MacBook, which I am still using. I also acquired a second hand Lenovo. I would buy a Dell again, but I am also considering a new MacBook.

I like Dell computers. Other than Microsoft Surfaces it is the only brand I own and all we deploy at work. HP is perfectly fine too but Dell is more proactive with firmware updates and the new Dell Command utility is very user friendly. Any BIOS or driver level exploit is easy to patch now even for novice users.

I'm a huge fan of Dell and I've been buying its storage, servers, laptops and PCs forever for work.

We now buy the cheapest business grade laptops that we can get, but we're buying 10,000 laptops at a clip. I have one client that will only purchase Dell and MacBooks. I'm working on a Dell laptop now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter