Delta airfares

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Are Delta airfares going up? I purchases my sons tick and mine a few months ago at what I thought was a high price of $250 from Providence to Orlando. Last night on the Delta site I thought I saw they have gone up to $370 ish!! My MIL bought my husbands roundtrip tik because he is driving her down to her winter home at beginning of trip.

No, in general, Delta's fares are not going up. In fact, they've had a fantastic deal running this week from Milwaukee to Orlando. Just a little over $100 roundtrip.

If you are now finding that the same itinerary cost $370 that previously cost $250, that means those flights are filling up. If it's for different dates, maybe you are pricing it too far in advance.

My husband and I bought our Delta tickets last night. We're gong to Orlando from Milwaukee in October. The tickets were only $116 round trip per person. Yippee!!

It obviously depends on where you are, because we bought tickets for $271.00 ( the most we have ever paid) and now the price is $315.50.:( I keep hoping for a price reduction voucher, but it's not looking good.

I bought our tickets in November for our trip this August. They were about $160 with tax non stop to LGA to MCO.

Ever since then the price has been going up. I check yesterday and the fights that we are on are now $268.

I check to see what seats we have since the plane is now a 767 and there weren't alot of seats left.

For November, we just bought Delta Non stop Hartford (Conn) to Tampa for $115 RT

This is the best I have ever seen for a non stop with good hours (Early morning leaveand return flight at 5pm)

Granted we have to fly to Tampa, but the rental car price dropped another $30 or so as well!

In checking out airfares I've found the rates from both Providence and Boston to Orlando are very high this year. Soutwest advertised a great companion sale for $60 but they put their regular fares up from $210 to $360. BIG DEAL!!

I bought at $219 per person, roundtrip from Indianapolis to Orlando for October, 2001. Those same tics are now $170; I just checked today. Usually, with Delta the earlier you buy your tics the better but not this time. For us, once Southwest announces their fares which is 5 months out then you watch for the other airlines to match or better their deal. That's why I bought when I did. I just heard ATA is having an incredible sale right now for our area. This may be what dropped Delta's prices. Seniors on ATA can even get a better deal. I would check out ATA right now.

Also, I never can get a price voucher from Delta when their fares go down. Will someone explain to me how to do this because I'm not having any luck. A phone number would be appreciated.

One more question, right now we are the only ones booked on the flight going to Orlando from Indy. This is getting me worried that they will cancel the flight and of course they will not let us know until it's too late. I don't want to be caught stranded. Does anyone have the experience out there to explain what happens in those instances. TIA

Don't be concerned at all that your family is the only one currently booked on the flight. Very few people book this far in advance for non-holiday periods. The people who post here are unusual in that regard.

If you are having difficulty with Delta in getting them to issue vouchers for the fare difference, I would recommend that you take your tickets (or eticket conf. numbers) to a Delta ticket office or the airport and get it done there. You shouldn't have any problem. Just be sure to do it before the fare goes back up.

Too bad I already booked with the only airline that's not going down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter