• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta No Change Fees

You could call and ask to apply for a refund now. 800-221-1212 is the number I called. The agent could not issue a refund so I asked to speak to a supervisor about applying for a refund. She was able to issue the refund immediately. I had the confirmation email in my inbox before the call ended.
thanks for the advice. 10 minutes on the phone, did not have to ask to speak to a supervisor and refund back to my credit card. :banana:.
I have a large credit balance on my Delta Gold Amex, no reason I couldn't use that card to book with another airline if I wanted, right?

As I understand it, if Delta cancels any leg of your trip, even if they move to you to a new flight, you are still entitled to a refund on the basis your original flight you paid for/booked was cancelled. Yes?

called early Friday, agent said 7-21 days for the credits to show up in muy credity card account due to high volume of refunds; was in my account today.

My Delta refund for the $200.00 service charge took about 4-weeks to show up as a credit on my Delta American Express credit card.

It took about a week of calling for me to get someone to respond for the service charge to be refunded since my modified ticket fell within the covered month. I made the change before they offered the no service charge offer.

I made another modification last week and they didn't even charge me the difference for the new modified flight even though there should have been a charge.

I don't know why.

When I was looking to modify my one-way flight, it was considerably more than the $80.00 from my second modification.

Actually my modified flight receipt showed the original cost of my roundtrip cost.

I also found out why I couldn't make the modification online.

Delta said I had to call because I used both cash and SkyMiles cash to pay for my original ticket instead of all cash through the credit card.

In case you are wondering why I made so many modifications, it is because I am in a high-risk category for COVID-19 and I didn't want to return to Atlanta since the State planned on opening several business's on Monday.

I hope things are better by the end of May.

We have flights booked for August. I was thinking of changing our flights to other dates in August. From what I read there would be no change fees? I also wanted to know if we end up having to cancel the changed flight because of coronavirus would we be charged a fee for canceling? Are they letting us waive change or cancellation fees once?

I was finally refunded this week for my flight I originally canceled myself, but then the day I was supposed to fly out the flight was completely canceled. So I was refunded to my credit card without having to ask, which is nice! Good luck to everyone else having issues!

I was finally refunded this week for my flight I originally canceled myself, but then the day I was supposed to fly out the flight was completely canceled. So I was refunded to my credit card without having to ask, which is nice! Good luck to everyone else having issues!
Thanks good to know

That's great! Did you originally get a travel voucher when you canceled yourself? We called last week to ask about getting a refund instead of the voucher since our flight has now been completely canceled. The rep said that since we weren't technically on the flight when Delta canceled, that they couldn't refund. I didn't know if it would be worth calling back to hopefully get a different answer.

I cancelled my flight after they changed my direct to a connecting flight. the arrival time wasn’t much off but I wasn’t about to spend 3 or more times as long to take the flight. I got the voucher but filled out the application for a refund. Idk if they will refund me or not but it is worth a shot. We never ever fly delta but it was only one direct to NYC that was the only reason we took delta.

That's great! Did you originally get a travel voucher when you canceled yourself? We called last week to ask about getting a refund instead of the voucher since our flight has now been completely canceled. The rep said that since we weren't technically on the flight when Delta canceled, that they couldn't refund. I didn't know if it would be worth calling back to hopefully get a different answer.
Yes! That's exactly what happened. They sent me a voucher for a future flight, but when I found out my flight was totally canceled by Delta the day it was scheduled to depart, I filled out the form online to request a refund. I never heard anything, but when I checked my credit card account it had been refunded to my card earlier this week. My flight was originally in March, so there was a significant amount of time that passed before I was refunded.

Yes! That's exactly what happened. They sent me a voucher for a future flight, but when I found out my flight was totally canceled by Delta the day it was scheduled to depart, I filled out the form online to request a refund. I never heard anything, but when I checked my credit card account it had been refunded to my card earlier this week. My flight was originally in March, so there was a significant amount of time that passed before I was refunded.
Thank you for the info! I'll fill out the online form and hope for the best!

So Delta changed our flight to arriving for layover an hour after connecting flight leaves. No other flights available. I filled out form for refund. Should I cancel it now, or leave it for them to see/cancel? (Flight is June 9th)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter