Delta reducing the ability to recline seats

I saw this myself and almost posted it as I know the Community Board likes a good airline story!

I love the idea personally. I think reclining seats are just trouble. There is no space to begin with and when the person in front of you reclines, any hope for even a somewhat comfortable flight is completely eliminated. On long, overseas flights the person reclining in front of me has limited by ability to use the tray when my meal/snack in served.

I hope the experiment works.

Completely selfish response but I would LOVE this on short flights. #1 I'm considerate #2 I only recline a tiny fraction when allowed. But so many times I get the full in your lap drop recliners in front of me, and if someone put a stop to that I wouldn't mind.

The only time I have reclined my seat is on red eye flights where pretty much everyone is trying to sleep. If this is just for short flights I would be happy with it.

I'm a visual person. I feel like I need to see the difference between 4 inches and 2 inches and then again 5 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 inches. I'd want to see not only the seat reclining for the passenger but also the affected space behind them.

New recline amount still probably seems adequate enough just wanted to see it visually.

Good. I had my knees bashed by the seat in front of me for much of my Dublin to Boston flight on Tuesday.

I love the idea personally. I think reclining seats are just trouble. There is no space to begin with and when the person in front of you reclines, any hope for even a somewhat comfortable flight is completely eliminated. On long, overseas flights the person reclining in front of me has limited by ability to use the tray when my meal/snack in served.

I hope the experiment works.

On my flights, at least, they made everyone put their seatbacks up during the meal service, so that was good.

I'm a visual person. I feel like I need to see the difference between 4 inches and 2 inches and then again 5 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 inches. I'd want to see not only the seat reclining for the passenger but also the affected space behind them.

New recline amount still probably seems adequate enough just wanted to see it visually.

It the difference between "Oh this person wants to relax a tiny bit and Oh I can smell their shampoo now."

Cutting back from 4 to 2 inches?? I guess I've never reclined my seat or were around people who did so. I'd would have thought the recline was about 1/2 inch.

I hope American Airlines follows suit. The guy in front of me reclined and I felt like his head was about in my lap. :p I don't recline after reading years ago here on the DIS how it bothered people, so this doesn't bother me.

I'm all for it. I found it funny a few years back. We were on Lufthansa for an overseas trip. Everyone was sleeping and it was time for them to serve breakfast. They turned on the lights and announced that all seats were to be put upright. They were handing out the meals and came to this guy who refused to move his seat. The flight attendant told him that it was not right for the person behind him and that he would not be served if he didn't move it. I was shocked but very happy she stood her ground.

I hear they're developing some new under the plane economy seating. Oxygen masks, $10 extra.

Great%20America%20008.JPG

I don't understand the need to have the seats recline at all. :confused3
Because sitting upright for long periods can be very uncomfortable for some people. It can aggravate some people's back and neck problems, as well.

I'm with the PP's who are wondering what recline ability there is even left to reduce. On most flights we've been on in recent years, the amount of recline already possible is tiny.

I agree with the above...
The recline in most aircraft right now is minimal.

I am not onboard with ANYTHING that is used to support the idea of reducing passenger space/pitch.
I am not going to tell anybody that it is a good thing that they can't relax and lean back, because "I" want more space.
And, I would not want anybody telling me that, either.

It IS a zero sum game.
The airlines should reverse their evil tortuous efforts to cram even more human beings into less passenger space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter