Delux Resort that offers quick service

sheila14

DIS Veteran
I would like to stay at a delux resort for my 50th birthday. I might even do club level if Disney offers discounts for September. Either/or, I know for sure WL and AKL offers a quick service because I have stayed there before. Any information on delux resorts with quick service in their building will help me decide where to go. Thank you

I would like to stay at a deluxe resort for my 50th birthday. I might even do club level if Disney offers discounts for September. Either/or, I know for sure WL and AKL offers a quick service because I have stayed there before. Any information on deluxe resorts with quick service in their building will help me decide where to go. Thank you
The following resorts have good quick service dining, in my opinion:

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Polynesian Resort
Grand Floridian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

I don't love the Polynesian quick service, always seems like a total rip off.

I do like Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge or Gasparilla Grill at Grand Floridian.
We've only eaten at CR a couple times. Mara was ok. Haven't tried Beach Club, the burnt pizza smell is a turn off.

WL has geyser point and roaring fork , just an elevator away.
The Boardwalk Inn. Involves walking outside your wing, back into a building, down stairs, outside again and then to the Boardwalk bakery. Which did have a few good items. Yacht club involves trekking quite a bit to marketplace at Beachclub which was small.

I like the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary. It's one of my favorite resort qs.
The Boardwalk Bakery is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's good, other times I'm disappointed. In the past year or two the Boardwalk Pizza window has changed their pizza recipe pretty significantly, so now I actually like their pizza. They do a pretty decent gluten free pizza too.
The Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge is ok. Not as good as it used to be.
SSR has a pretty decent qs too. I like that they have different specials in the evening. And for whatever reason, they seem to have the best bacon at breakfast!

WL has geyser point and roaring fork , just an elevator away.
The Boardwalk Inn. Involves walking outside your wing, back into a building, down stairs, outside again and then to the Boardwalk bakery. Which did have a few good items. Yacht club involves trekking quite a bit to marketplace at Beachclub which was small.
I was a bit disappointed with the Yacht Club remodel of their QS. Now it's pretty much just a grab and go. :( It does have some decent options, but it's not the traditional QS like the other places have.

Big fan of Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Agree that Yacht Club is disappointing.

Geyser Point at WL is awesome- great views, comfy seating, and decent food

Captain Cook’s at the Poly has my favorite food- Thai Coconut Meatballs (and Tonga Toast for breakfast)

Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian is decent, I’ve not eaten at Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary but hear good things, and The Mara at AKL has some unique and sone standard items. Not impressed with Beach Club quick service.

Thank you all for the help I will make my decision upon this information and hope that Disney will offer a discount in September

I think the CR's quick service, The Contempo Cafe, is arguably the best QS restaurant of any of the deluxe resorts. Their menu is pretty diverse, the food we've had every time we've been there has been great, and you can't beat watching the monorail fly through the lobby while you eat there. Whatever you choose, have a magical vacation!pixiedust:

The Riviera QS is very good as well.

No one mentioned it yet but ALL deluxe resorts have a QS restaurant(you could maybe argue Boardwalk doesn't but their bakery acts as one, and there are "food stands" and a pizza window). So its more about which ones are the best.

My rankings.

1. Grand Floridian Gasparilla Grill
2. Riviera Primo Priatto
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge Mara
4. Wilderness Lodge Geiser Point
5. Tie Poly Captain Cookes / Contemporary Contemp Cafe

Ones that are pretty underwhelming. Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club.

Last edited:
Big fan of Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Agree that Yacht Club is disappointing.
Geyser Point is very good! I was really disappointed with how downhill Roaring Forks went. They used to have a lot more freshly made selections. And tasty. Now just blah. They’re grilled cheese wasnt grilled at all. Just bread they toasted. Cheese not melted.

The Riviera QS is very good as well.

No one mentioned it yet but ALL deluxe resorts have a QS restaurant(you could maybe argue Boardwalk doesn't but their bakery acts as one, and there are "food stands" and a pizza window). So its more about which ones are the best.

My rankings.

1. Grand Floridian Gasparilla Grill
2. Riviera Primo Priatto
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge Mara
4. Wilderness Lodge Geiser Point
5. Tie Poly Captain Cookes / Contemporary Contemp Cafe

Ones that are pretty underwhelming. Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club.
On your ranking list I've never tried #1, 2, 3 or 4, ha ha but I really do like Capt Cooks at the Poly and Contempo at Contemporary. I also agree on your underwhelming list as well.
I do want to point out though, not sure if it's important but I think? Cap't Cooks at the Poly is one of the few if not the only one to be open 24 hours/day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter