Deluxe Dining or Family Magic Tour

tink76

DIS Veteran
Hi!
As of right now we are on the regular dining plan plus we are paying OOP for Mickey's backyard BBQ and Ohana Breakfast. We also have a family Magic Tour scheduled. Between our OOP meals and the tour it is just about the same cost as upgrading to deluxe dining.
Which would you do? We are onlyy going for a quick trip (4 nights) and we plan to take it slow and jusy "enjoy Disney" We were there last year and plan to go back again in 2012.

It will be me, my mom and DD3.

I would choose keeping the special meals and family magic tour. With only a 4-day trip, you would lose so much time trying to cram in all the meals that comes with DxDP. Besides, food is just food....but family magic is something you can only get at Disney!:wizard:

Have a great trip!

Keep the Family Magic tour.:thumbsup2
I think the experience will be better than eating all the time.

Do Deluxe dining...that tour is more of a treasure hunt than a traditional tour, from what I've read. And I really don't consider Deluxe dining to be a waste of time like some, but rather a welcome break in our day.

Deluxe Dining. I find that eating at the finer restaurants a treat. To me eating at Disney is part of the Magic. Also with the Deluxe Dining Plan, some restaurants charge a meal as 2 credits instead of one. Those particular restaurants California grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, Brown Derby, etc have something extra that makes it worth the meal. The Deluxe Diner plan you get 3 sit downs and 2 snakes. You also get a mug. I like have a snack type breakfast (Pastry and coffee in the mug) than eat a sit down( the many places at epcot and some of the other parks)at lunch and a 2 credit meal at night. Seems like alot of food but its not really. Its just eating real good at one sit down restaurant. Also that leaves another snack. Try something when your watching the illuminations, Fireworks at the MK, or Fantasmic.

we really loved the family magic tour however with your only kid being 3
I'm not sure how much she would like it. We did it with some reeeeally pushy other kids 4 families one family had 2 kids that kept runing ahead screaming all the answers before the younger kids had a chance so I would do the dining now and the tour when she is 5 or 6ish
sorry about capital letter/punctuation issues my keyboard is wacky today.

Thanks for all the opinions. We decided to do the dining. We plan to take it easy this trip so I don't mind spending a little extra time eating. Thanks again! :)

Deluxe Dining. I find that eating at the finer restaurants a treat. To me eating at Disney is part of the Magic. Also with the Deluxe Dining Plan, some restaurants charge a meal as 2 credits instead of one. Those particular restaurants California grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, Brown Derby, etc have something extra that makes it worth the meal. The Deluxe Diner plan you get 3 sit downs and 2 snakes. You also get a mug. I like have a snack type breakfast (Pastry and coffee in the mug) than eat a sit down( the many places at epcot and some of the other parks)at lunch and a 2 credit meal at night. Seems like alot of food but its not really. Its just eating real good at one sit down restaurant. Also that leaves another snack. Try something when your watching the illuminations, Fireworks at the MK, or Fantasmic.

just got to comment off topic, I hope I would not get 2 snakes for being on dxdp.:rotfl::lmao:

I personally think that you made the right choice. We did the Family Magic Tour (there were 4 including DD4) and we all hated it. We felt like it was a complete waste of our time and money and were disappointed that we had looked so forward to it. The down time at the restaurant with your family will be well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter