Deluxe vs. FW Cabins

DISNEYMOMx5

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed in a deluxe (AKL/YC) & FW Cabin that could make a comparison for me? We own DVC & have a substantial # of pts we need to use up. Trying to decide if we would be happy splitting stay between Cabin & a deluxe, or if we should just stay fewer nights & do the whole vacation in a deluxe. Any input would be greatly appreciated! :D

Would it not be best to use your DVC points at one of the resorts - OKW/VWL/BCV etc?

Thanks
Jason

We have stayed at Poly, BC, AKL and FW cabins. They're all great in there own way. We stayed in the cabins several times when our four kids were younger. Being able to put them to bed in the bedroom (which sleeps four) and close the door and stay up was wonderful, having that extra room just to spread out was nice. Also, the kitchen was great for a quick breakfast. It saved time and money because little ones don't tend to eat what you pay for at a restaurant breakfast. FW has a laid back feeling and is pretty spread out, which isn't necessarily bad. It is like being in a cabin out in the woods (with air, full kitchen, and maid service!)

Two of our kids are at college now, so we are a family of four and are staying at the deluxe hotels. They are great because things aren't as spread out as at the campground and with teenagers, our days move at a faster pace. We've traded the kitchen for fast food breakfasts on the run and we all go to bed at pretty much the same the same time. I definately feel more pampered at the deluxes.

If you have younger children and more than two, I would highly recommend the cabins.

thanks for the replies.

Jaysue--They definitely would, but I had transferred these pts out to use on a cruise, & we got cold feet about going with all the war turmoil & for some other reasons involving the kids. Bad move on our part--If we do a cruise someday, I think we've definitely learned to just pay cash so we don't end up in this type of situation.

Our big concern with the cabins is that we like the feeling of being surrounded by "Disney" the whole time we're there. Also, we are only doing water parks a couple of days as we were just in the parks over Christmas, and I'm not sure we will like the quiet everybody keeps talking about. On the other hand, we have been spoiled by having a kitchen in the villa that we usually stay in. Decisions, decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter