Denied ME Luggage Tags

Kimrlav

Mouseketeer
I leave for my trip to Disney in approximately 20 days and have not received magical express luggage tags. I did need to change the dates of the trip due to a family illness and did receive luggage tags for that trip - however - that trip was in November, so I disposed of the tags.

Today, I called Disney and the cast member stated that "we have already sent your tags." I explained that the trip was originally scheduled for November and that I disposed of the tags because it had the date of previous reservation. The cast member stated "well, we already sent tags to you and we cannot send another set to you." Now, I know that this is a courtesy service for guests and I can simply retrieve my luggage from bag claim and bring with me, but just feel like this was a bit rude. Like many people, I travel to Disney at least once per year for a vacation and given the price to stay at an onsite resort -- Disney should be willing to send another set of tags for this upcoming trip, especially because that I explained why I "accidentally" disposed of the original tags.

Does anyone have a good experience of giving the claim check for their luggage at the ME counter and receiving their luggage?

Thanks for any information or thoughts.

Call DME directly. I don't have the number on hand, but you can Google it.

Never call the general Disney number if you can avoid it.

I leave for my trip to Disney in approximately 20 days and have not received magical express luggage tags. I did need to change the dates of the trip due to a family illness and did receive luggage tags for that trip - however - that trip was in November, so I disposed of the tags.

Today, I called Disney and the cast member stated that "we have already sent your tags." I explained that the trip was originally scheduled for November and that I disposed of the tags because it had the date of previous reservation. The cast member stated "well, we already sent tags to you and we cannot send another set to you." Now, I know that this is a courtesy service for guests and I can simply retrieve my luggage from bag claim and bring with me, but just feel like this was a bit rude. Like many people, I travel to Disney at least once per year for a vacation and given the price to stay at an onsite resort -- Disney should be willing to send another set of tags for this upcoming trip, especially because that I explained why I "accidentally" disposed of the original tags.

Does anyone have a good experience of giving the claim check for their luggage at the ME counter and receiving their luggage?

Thanks for any information or thoughts.
That’s a strange claim by the cast member, since you can call DME to request additional luggage tags if you have more than one bag per person. I did this for our upcoming trip. I would call the DME direct number: 1-866-599-0951 to request additional tags. They usually come within a week or less. You will need your reservation number.

Either use the provided link, above, or call DME directly. Do that today...you should have your new tags prior to travel. Then, shoot off an email to Disney Guest Services....I don't have the email handy but someone here should. You were given completely incorrect info!!! I'm beginning to think that many of us here should be working for Disney. Then, guests would get correct info when they call.

I'm beginning to think that many of us here should be working for Disney. Then, guests would get correct info when they call.
No thanks - I know how little those the customer service people make.

It just goes to show, you get what you pay for.

I agree with all of the others that you should call DME directly, and they should be able to resolve this for you. That said, we have given ME our claim receipts before, as we have had extra bags over the 1 tag pp that was sent, and have had no issues receiving our luggage going that route.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful and accurate information about getting ME luggage tags.

I filled out the form and called DME directly at the number given in the post. I received excellent service from a professional and courteous representative that understood my problem with the changes in the reservation dates. Luggage tags are being sent to me for the trip and should arrive within 8-10 days. I will be able to skip luggage claim at the airport.

I am keeping the web address and telephone number for Magical Express in a safe place -- it could prove very helpful on future trips.

Thanks again!

I received excellent service from a professional and courteous representative that understood my problem with the changes in the reservation dates.

In my experience, the folks at DME provide some of the best customer service in all of Disney.

Of course DME is a separate company, is a Disney contractor and their people have a limited realm of knowledge to deal with, but they definitely skew the overall Disney customer service experience in the positive direction.

For years now, any DME issue/question I have is quickly resolved with a single phone call (with no significant hold time).

Steve

As to the other half of your question, about giving ME your claim checks, yes, we have done that and it works great.
It's even in the ME instructions, either when you book or in your confirmation, I forget which, that this is an option.
So, just in case your tags don't arrive for some reason, don't have any worries about giving them your tags. They will grab your bags and they will arrive just like those with yellow tags.
Matter of fact, one trip we had a mix, some with yellow tags, some without. Those without yellow tags arrived about an hour before the ones with.

There might have been a miscommunication. They might have sent you a new set of yellow tags over and above the November tags and the phone CM was referring to that.

It is bad advice to suggest, er, insinuate, that you should have saved and simply used the November tags as-is for your December trip. Unpredictable things might happen to bags coming into Orlando (Int'l Airport) with tags that don't make sense with "today."

(You can draw a line through incorrect info and write in corrected info but a phone CM would need to stress that if s/he mentions that.)

In my experience, the folks at DME provide some of the best customer service in all of Disney.

Of course DME is a separate company, is a Disney contractor and their people have a limited realm of knowledge to deal with, but they definitely skew the overall Disney customer service experience in the positive direction.

For years now, any DME issue/question I have is quickly resolved with a single phone call (with no significant hold time).

Steve
Not to mention that for those of us that don't live in the US it's also free to call DME. I think they have some of the best customer service anywhere and I work in the same capacity as them at a very high profile company as well.

There might have been a miscommunication. They might have sent you a new set of yellow tags over and above the November tags and the phone CM was referring to that.

It is bad advice to suggest, er, insinuate, that you should have saved and simply used the November tags as-is for your December trip. Unpredictable things might happen to bags coming into Orlando (Int'l Airport) with tags that don't make sense with "today."

(You can draw a line through incorrect info and write in corrected info but a phone CM would need to stress that if s/he mentions that.)
I may be missing something here, but I don't think anyone here suggested using old tags and crossing out the old info, and writing in the new info.
Even if Disney had sent 4 sets of tags, it shouldn't matter...maybe they got lost in the mail, maybe someone stole them out of the mailbox, who knows. The info should have been taken down and a new set sent out...period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter