• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Denise's Happy, Healthy,Healing Journal-Posts welcome

Hope everything is going well, Dee! How is that new baby-to-be & mommy doing?

Have a great week!

Hi Denise, hope things are well, I miss you!:goodvibes

I took my lime green Mickey ribbons to WDW and thought of you! I put one in my window at ASMU and had a disboard member comment on it. But I forgot her screen name but it was fun to see another disser face to face. Only have had that happen one other time.

Denise, definitely plan and take that trip! I am betting your job will be fine, you may have to take the vacation without pay. If not, well then you'll find a more understanding company. After all you were looking when you found this job and you can find one again. But I think they will be fine and tell you to go for it!

I think you are doing the right thing with the knee stuff. Sometimes doctors just amaze me. Keep us posted on that and the gyn. stuff.

So when is grandbaby due? I bet you are so excited.

Good to see you around here, I have had some troubles posting lately too, very frustrating!

Thanks for asking about Lauren and the baby. She is due in early Nov. and she is doing great! She had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and they opted not to know the sex. They want to do this the old-fashioned way and be surprised at the birth. We'll get to see them this weekend-we're going out there for DH's company picnic at Hershey Park. He and DS are also going to do some projects at her house.

Today is my day off and I've got lots of things to take care of like pesky phone calls, appts and household stuff. I think I'll make this a marathon "taking care of business day", and maybe next Wed. I'll just chill and enjoy the day. I am going to meet a friend for lunch so we can exchange some books (we both love to read), try to make a hair appt. for later, and maybe run to LLBean for a swim skirt. I'm tired already!

We planned a 3-day weekend get away in the Pocono Mts. in Pa. We're going to a resort where we stayed about 20 years ago. They've done alot of expansion and have also added a waterpark, so it should be fun. The mts. are a little over 2 hours away, so its a great weekend destination. We're also spending a weekend in Aug. at the Jersey shore. My aunt offered us her house and that's an offer we can't refuse and its just an hour's drive from here. I do love to travel!

I'll post about my weight/fitness next time, but its kind of the same old story.

Have a great day!

Denise,

That is great you have some nice weekend trips planned. I so envy that you live only an hour away from the beach! I think I asked you this once, but do you ever go to Rehoboth in DE? We went there two years ago, it was so fun. The closest beach to me is 1000 miles away!

Glad Lauren is feeling well, November will be here soon. What a fun holiday season you will have with that new grandbaby on board! I didn't find out the sex with my daughter, it was so fun to be surprised. Hardly anyone does that anymore.

Amy, Rehoboth Beach is approx. 2.5 hours from here. It's a nice beach town and not as busy as the Jersey shore. We stopped there on our way home from NC in May. Lauren went to college in Delaware, about 45 min. from Rehoboth. We are very lucky to be near the ocean-its good for the soul. I love going to the beach in the early morning or late afternoon with a good book and the sound of the gulls. I have many great memories of the beach as a child and teen, then as a young parent with little kids who loved the ocean and still do.

Our weekend in Hershey was both fun and painful. The park is very hilly and spread out. We went in Friday night on a preview ticket and did some rides. It wasn't overly crowded so we got to do quite a number of rides. On Sat. we went straight to the water area which was in the vicinity of the picnic pavilion where DH's company had a nice spread. They added a lazy river and wave pool this year, and did a beautiful job with that.

About the pain...I should know by now that I can't handle all the walking on 2 days in a row. The water area is way in the back and by the end of the day I just couldn't take it any longer. I am so sick of this knee pain! My appt. is next week, so hopefully I'll have an answer.

Food has been really crappy. I pulled out my WW stuff today-here I go again. I just need to be more accountable. I'm also worried that the ortho. doc. will want me to lose weight before any surgery. I am down 25 lbs. from my all-time high, but still way overweight for my 5'3" height.

Gotta run and get something accomplished on my day off. I have a list a mile long, so it will feel good to check off a few things.

Have a super-dooper day!

Denise, that is so cool you know about Rehoboth! See here in Colorado, most people go to either beaches in Mexico, California or sometimes Florida. But when I say we went to Rehoboth, they just draw this blank and think a beach in Delaware? But we loved it. Dan's family lives in DC and they treated us to a two day trip there two years ago. I lived in Maine for a year and it reminded me a bit of the Old Orchard Beach area there. I love the beach, always have. No idea how I ended up a landlubber! Maybe retirement will see some changes with that, I hope so. Heck, even a nice lake would be a welcome change! Of course me being me, one of the things I remember the most was this incredilbe pizza place right next to our hotel! I think it was called Pizza Grotto. I always remember the food.:rolleyes1

Don't worry about your food, you'll get back on track. Your weekend sounds fun, but I can see how all that walking would hurt the knees. I hope you get some answers soon.

Have a super weekend!

I'm back from the land of the lost again. I check the Dis-boards every day but just don't take the time to post.

I'll try to cover some of the things that have been happening lately...

On the medical front-Pap was clear...CT Scan scheduled for the end of Aug.as a follow up to the cancer. Labs were good from my primary. I actually consider myself fairly healthy even though I went thru the cancer treatment. I rarely get a cold or headache and I've learned to avoid foods that give me digestive problems so I do feel healthy on a day to day basis. But then there's the knee issue. I did see the new surgeon and was told that my knee is horrific by his phys. asst. (like I didn't know that) So, surgery is scheduled on Oct. 1 for my left knee. (Total replacement). I always feel like my weight has been a serious contributing factor to the arthritis, but the doc. assured me that there were other factors also like 2 falls-1 on the ice and the other when I slipped down the stairs. Heredity is an issue too. He actually assured me that I am at the lower end of the weight scale when it comes to replacement surgery.Who knew?

So now I am involved with planning all the preliminary stuff prior to the surgery. Dental clearance (to avoid infection), pre-surgery physical therapy to learn how to use a walker. Joint replacement seminar. Pre-admittance day at the hospital for cardiac clearance, anesthesia consulting, blood donation, lab work and who knows what else-they told me to plan to be there all day. I'm having the surgery at Jefferson Hospital in Phila with the Rothman Group which has a great reputation in the area, so I feel that I'm in good hands.

Well, that's enough of that for now. Needless to say I am stress eating. I did get ,back to WW online cause I figure I can do that while at home. I can immerse myself in me for 6 weeks. I also might take an on-line medical terminology course cause I'm nervous about my job. We got a letter the other day regarding how bad business is so the handwriting may be on the wall for cut-backs, especially when I tell them that I'm having the surgery.

Even with all that is going on, I feel good about my decision to have the surgery. If I can keep all my appts. in order, I'll be good to go. Thankfully we're going to the shore for the weekend. I plan to chill on the beach with a good book and some Jimmy Buffett music, eat some seafood and have a couple of tropical drinks. What could be better except for a trip to WDW? Just think, the next time I go, I'll be able to walk without pain. I can't wait!!!

I miss hearing from you guys, so I'll have to be a better Disser.

Have a fantastic Friday!!!!

Denise, I am so glad you have that surgery scheduled. I am betting once that is over and you are recovered, you'll be amazed at how much better you feel. And what the doctor said proves that often we are too hard on ourselves about our weight. For sure weight plays a big factor in our health, but it is possible to be healthy and still have a few pounds to lose, and also to have health problems that have nothing to do with our weight!

Enjoy your weekend at the beach, that sounds perfect! What a nice way to relax and unwind, can I go too???

When is your grandbaby set to arrive? My niece is set to have her baby in the next couple of weeks, to me it went fast, but I bet she disagrees!

So glad your pap was normal, I can imagine how much of a relief that is. And you are healthy. You had a major kink in the system awhile back, but I'd say you are doing pretty darn good now. :hug:

congrats on the wonderful news from the GYN!! It truly is the best news!!

Glad you are getting the knee done. Won't be fun, but you will be glad when it is over. DBIL had both done and is sorry he didn't sooner.

Have a great week and a fantastic time at the beach!! I, like Amy, am envious!!

Hi Denis, hope things are going well. Thanks for stopping by my journal and giving me some very good tips on job hunting! I really appreciate it. :hug:

Hi guys...
I'm a new member of this forum and I I am happy having you all. We can build friendship in here. And this topic is a good one since I started to know you through reading your journals. I'm excited to know our different interests, personal observations, imagination and to connect new information with things we already know.

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. - inspirational quote by: Earl Nightingale, 1921-1989, American Motivational Author and Radio Broadcaster

Hey Denise, hope things are going well with you. Any trips to the shore planned? This landlubber has to live the good life through you!

How's your daughter and when's that grandbaby due??:goodvibes

Thanks for poppin' in, Amy, Julie and Nancy. So much has been happening and I don't take the time for things that I enjoy (like the Dis).

Lauren and the baby are doing well after a scare that she had a few weeks ago. She was hospitalized for 5 days so she could be observed, and as it turned out she was released with some restrictions. She isn't able to travel for any long distances, so her baby shower that was planned for NJ had to be done in Pa. at a restaurant in her neighborhood. So, I've traveled out there several times in the past month, but I'm happy to do that so that I could spend time with her and help her around the house and with some baby things. The shower was really nice, and we were touched that so many people were able to drive 2+ hours to spend the day with her. Some of the family even stayed over at local hotels. Her due date is Nov.3 which will be here in a flash!

Amy, we did take a drive to the shore on Sat! DH has been so sweet to try and keep me busy so I don't dwell on some health issues that I'm going thru right now. I'll post more about that after my Dr. apt. on Thurs. The day at the beach was beautiful-not a cloud in the sky, temp. in the mid 70's and just relaxing to sit on the beach.

I have to get ready for work now, so I'll be back later. Thanks for being here for me!

Denise, Keeping you and Lauren and that baby in my prayers. Please keep us up to date on your health and again, I am thinking about you!

You have a good dh and I am glad you two got some time this past weekend to go to the shore!

Good luck with your doctor's appointment this Thursday.:hug::goodvibes

And yes, November 3rd will be here very soon. You are going to have so much fun being a grandma!

Glad to 'see' you, Dee! I cant believe baby will be here that soon!! Seems like yesterday you found out you were to be Grandma. I'll be praying that everything continues to go well. Praying too for your Dr appt.

Glad you got to go to the shore. Can I come next time?? :flower3:

Good Morning!

As promised, here's my update from my Dr. visit on Thurs. I went for my routine CT a couple of weeks ago as a follow up to my cancer treatment and an ovarian cyst was discovered.(No symptoms, btw) So...I went for an ultrasound and pelvic MRI to take a better look, and because of my history I have to undergo surgery on Oct. 19. I'm scheduled for laproscopic, robotic surgery with the DaVinci System, but because of the Rad. treatments which can cause scarring and fusion, I may have to go with the full abdominal surgery. The good news is I've had fairly early detection of the cyst, and my CA125 blood work is 11 which is well in the range of normal. On the flip size because of my history this isn't something they can just watch. It has to come out.So, I had to cancel the knee surgery for the time being, and what really ticks me off is the fact that I finally had all my paperwork in order.

I've had several days composed of mostly fear and depression, but I've decided to pull myself out of the funk and get on with the happy stuff. I've begun to contact my family and friends which is another tough part to all of this. In preparation for the surgery, I've started a info web-page thru my hospital website called CarePages. It will give updates of my pre-surgery stuff and recovery. If you'd like me to include you in the emails, please PM me with your email address. I need all the support that I can get! TIA!!!!

Now on to fun stuff! We snagged a cheap flight to Orlando in Jan. so we're going down for a long weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll find a good "room only" code, but its a little too early for that. I've subsribed to the Jan. code watch thread, so I know that the Disboards will help me to find the best deal out there.

To Amy, Julie and all the others that pop in from time to time...Thank You!

Denise, I am sending you lots of prayers and hugs. I am so thankful they have the technology to monitor you and take care of this type of thing early on, but so sorry about you having this stress and also having to postpone that knee surgery. Just know that you are in my prayers (and I am pm'ing you my email address). You are a trooper and you will get through this!

And I am so happy you are planning to go to WDW in January. Its a great time to go (been twice back when my kids had year round schedule, I so miss those off season trips!). Its great to have that to look forward to. I am waiting for codes or deals or some sort of discount too, so lets hope and wish together good deals come about soon!

Keep that chin up Dee!:flower3:

I had my surgery yesterday, and thankfully it was done laprascopically. SP? I had the procedure at 7:30 am and was home before 2. I'm somewhat sore, but its controllable with meds. The good news is that the initial labs show no sign of cancer although more tests will be run which will take about 2 weeks. It always seems to be a waiting game with my health. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that everything has worked out as well has it has so far and that I tolerated the surgery with minimal discomfort, but I just want some peace of mind.

Lauren's OB has her scheduled to be induced on Mon, Nov. 2. She'll be admitted at 6pm so they can start things very slowly and she'll be able to rest through the night. I'm so thankful that I can be there for her. We borrowed a wheel chair from a friend so that I can navigate the hospital corridors with my bad knee and sore belly. (I'm such a wreck-LOL). This is an exciting time for our family-the first grandchild on both sides!

Well, enough for now. My back gets sore sitting in this this chair.

I'll check in again soon. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter