Denver, Colorado

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
What shall our family (mom, dad, two daughters ages 12 and 15) do in the Mile High city? We don't expect to be there all that long -- about a day and a half.

DH is a coin collector (yawn), so we definitely want to visit the Mint. Other possibilities are the Denver Art Museum (youngest daughter is VERY into art museums), the Colorado History Museum, and the Byers-Evans House. These things seem to be close enough to walk between -- true?

At this point in our trip, we'll have been doing lots of hiking and museums for days upon days, so we're thinking of ending our day at the big water park. We'll probably go late in the day (because they have discounted evening tickets after 4:30), and it'll be a nice change-of-pace for our water-bug daughters.

If the Colorado Rockies are playing in town, my husband would love to go see them.

I don't think all of that'll fit -- suggestions? Other activities?

We'd like to find a hotel in the area between the Mint and Coors Field. Does anything there stand out from the rest? We saw a Residence Inn in that area, and we tend to like them because of the extra space and the breakfast . . . but this one's expensive, so we're not quite sold on it yet! Any thoughts?

What about restaurants in this general area?

There is a water park at Elitch Gardens which is much closer to the area where you are visiting. But WaterWorld is quite fun. There is a minigolf place nearby, Adventure Golf, which also has go karts, mini cars etc.. http://adventuregolfandraceway.com/

With only 1 1/2 days.. not much time and I think you have some good ideas. You may want to make sure the Mint will be open and if you need reservations/tickets ahead of time.

Colorado History Museum is good as is the Art Museum, but after visiting many museums on your trip ... you may want to opt for something different. If the Rockies aren't playing, you can take a tour of Coors Field.

Hope this help some...

There is a water park at Elitch Gardens which is much closer to the area where you are visiting. But WaterWorld is quite fun. There is a minigolf place nearby, Adventure Golf, which also has go karts, mini cars etc.. http://adventuregolfandraceway.com/

With only 1 1/2 days.. not much time and I think you have some good ideas. You may want to make sure the Mint will be open and if you need reservations/tickets ahead of time.

Colorado History Museum is good as is the Art Museum, but after visiting many museums on your trip ... you may want to opt for something different. If the Rockies aren't playing, you can take a tour of Coors Field.

Hope this help some...
Hmmm . . . we'll investigate the other water park; my girls would love the go-carts.

I didn't know you could get advanced tickets to the Mint. I had assumed it was like Washington DC -- free, but you have to go the "morning of" to pick up your tickets in person. I'll look up details.

A tour of Coors field sounds like a great idea. I might enjoy that more than the actual game, though my husband would like the game better!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter