Departure Day Meals?

Easto

Mouseketeer
Plane leave Orlando at 7pm

We are on DDP

No parks planned at all for the day

Staying at POR

Any suggestions on what to do with our day? Meals to try out before going home?

Currently we have ‘Ohana breakfast, but open to suggestions to use up those credits

We're breakfasting at the Grand Floridian and then heading into MK.... We booked 3 FP for SpaceM, 7DMT & SplashM... We'll see what we have left and go from there... Our flight out is at 6:30 PM

We had two great meals at the Wave at the CR. They have a bounteous breakfast buffet and it’s tough to beat the location.

We are on DDP

Staying at POR

Currently we have ‘Ohana breakfast, but open to suggestions to use up those credits
Do you know that DDP Credits are per night, not per day? We have the basic DDP (7 TS 7 QS and snacks). We eat our first TS Credit on arrival night and our last credit QS, at lunch on departure day

We always eat at Boma on our departure day. We are usually staying at AKV, but if not, we make the trip over there, load up at the buffet, and then enjoy the savanna for a while. If we have extra time, we take the shuttle (internal bus) over to Kidani and hang out in the community hall. They have a billiard table, video games, and a great balcony with rocking chairs that overlooks the HUGE savanna. It is a great way to wind down and "say goodbye" to our happy place.

We are on DDP

Staying at POR

Bon Voyage at Trattoria al Forno for sure!!!!!

I've generally planned for character breakfasts that you can get outside of the park on my departure days. I really enjoyed Cape May Cafe and Trattoria al Forno! It's a way to sort of keep the feeling of the vacation going rather than feeling like you're about to go home, I think. I think 'Ohana for breakfast sounds great though, and I wouldn't change it!

We are on DDP

Staying at POR

On departure day our ME is generally scheduled for 4:00 PM for a airplane takeoff of around 7:00 PM. Much like you it's rare for us to enter the parks on that day. We tend to stay at either monorail or Epcot area hotels. I prefer to pack the night before but sometimes that doesn't happen so we order a room service breakfast to eat while we pack.

Packing already accomplished? Out of the room around 10:30 AM and off to Disney Springs for a DIY brunch at Morimoto Asia. We order various appetizers/dim sum, some soup, and share one or two main courses. Then we wander around looking around or purchasing last minute wants from prior visits. Sometimes we buy a meal for the plane since we wont touchdown until around 10 in the evening. Current pack and go meal favorites: Earl of Sandwich, Wine Bar George, Chicken Guy, and we might try The Polite Pig next trip.

Should we still have time after our visit to DS we return to our hotel, take a dip in the pool, and are relaxed for the bus ride.

You could also head over to Disney Springs after breakfast and spend any leftover credits over there. I'd say get a later lunch or get something you can take back to the resort/airport to eat later. Depending on how many and what type of credits you have left, you could use them up pretty easily there.

I would have a late morning at your resort, take the boat to DS and enjoy the day there. There are a ton of good restaurants that take DDP there. While there you could do The Void, go on Characters in Flight, bowl, shop, etc.

I 2nd (3rd?) DS on departure day - especially if you are staying at POR. So many choices and it is just a boat ride away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter